• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

La Liga Season 2011/2012

L

lker Casillas

129265797f0f75954248a313b2a4512c1e242f49.jpg

L

lker Casillas

Benzema happy at Madrid

19 July 2011

12427248990.jpg

Karim Benzema has again stated his desire to continue to play for Real Madrid and has rejected reports he has been in contact with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The 23-year-old has been linked with a move out of the Santiago Bernabeu, with both Arsenal and Juventus said to be interested in his services, and speculation on his future has increased following reports linking Madrid with Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero, Santos' Neymar and a permanent deal for Manchester City frontman Emmanuel Adebayor.

However, Benzema insists that he has no intention of leaving last season's Copa del Rey winners and denied that he had held discussions with Wenger or a representative from Juve.

"I have not spoken to anyone," the France international told Spanish sports daily AS.

"I am in Madrid and I want to succeed here. There is nothing else."

"It is normal that Madrid want to sign the best players in the world, but I will work hard to play. I will give 100 percent."

Benzema also underlined the harmonious relationship he enjoys with coach Jose Mourinho.

"There is no problem with him. He is a great coach," he said.

The former Lyon attacker is currently with the rest of the Madrid squad on a pre-season tour in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lker Casillas

Reports: Barca´s Sanchez deal agreed

21 July 2011

12427249220.jpg

Barcelona have reached an agreement with Udinese over the signing of Alexis Sanchez, according to the son of the Serie A club's owner.

Speaking with Spanish radio station RAC1 upon his arrival on Wednesday at Barcelona's El Prat airport, Gino Pozzo - son of club chief Giampaolo - stated that 'the agreement with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez is complete'.

The Chilean, who finished international duty with his country in the 2011 Copa America on Sunday, is expected to join Barca's pre-season training camp once the deal is rubber-stamped.

The 22-year-old forward has been strongly linked with the move for some time, with the deal reportedly costing the Spanish giants 27 million euros plus variables.

Sanchez played an important role in Udinese's fourth-placed finish and subsequent qualification for the Champions League last season, scoring 12 goals in 27 Serie A appearances.

The Italian outfit have been in training ahead of the 2011/12 season, with the club's administrators kept busy by several transfers both in and out of the club.

Defender Cristian Zapata has joined Villarreal and midfielder Gokhan Inler has signed for fellow Serie A side Napoli, but Udinese have landed centre-back Danilo from Palmeiras and Ivory Coast midfielder prospect Thierry Doubai from Young Boys Bern.

L

lker Casillas

Atletico sign Portuguese midfielder Tiago from Juve

17:45 BST, Wed 20 Jul 2011

MADRID, July 20 (Reuters) - Atletico Madrid have signed former Portugal international Tiago from Juventus on a two-year contract, the La Liga club said on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old midfielder, who also had stints at clubs including Chelsea and Olympique Lyon, had been on loan at Atletico since midway through the 2009-10 season.

Tiago will join up with his Atletico team mates later this month to prepare for the Europa League third qualifying round tie against Norwegian side Stromsgodset, Atletico said on their website (www.clubatleticodemadrid.com).

He rescinded his contract with Juve on Tuesday, the Serie A club said on their website (www.juventus.com).

L

lker Casillas

Thursday 21th July 2011

641544_33_preview.jpg

Agent: Neymar close to Real move

The agent of Santos striker Neymar insists all that is left for the player to join Real Madrid is for the transfer fee to be paid.

The Brazil sensation is expected to join either Barcelona or Real Madrid this summer but Jose Mourinho's side have emerged as favourites to land the 19-year-old.

Madrid have reportedly agreed to meet the striker's release clause of €45 million and his agent Wagner Ribeiro has revealed that his cient is on the brink of being a Galatico.

"There is nothing else to talk about. The only thing left is that Real Madrid pay up," Ribeiro was quoted as saying by Marca.

"If they do it, Santos have nothing to do, other than receive their share of the transfer."

Neymar has indicated his desire to remain at Santos and play in the Club World Cup..

And Ribeiro admitted there's a possibility that the teenger will move after the tournament in December.

"Neymar also has to say when he wants to go, because it is true that he would like to be at the Club World Cup," he added.

L

lker Casillas

Friday 22nd July 2011

572222_33_preview.jpg

Mata steers clear of transfer talk

Valencia forward Juan Mata has distanced himself from a move to the Premier League or anywhere else this summer.

Valencia forward Juan Mata has distanced himself from a move to the Premier League or anywhere else this summer, reiterating that he is happy to remain at Mestalla.

The Spain star, who was part of Vicente del Bosque's World Cup-winning squad last year and led the Under-21 side to glory in the European Championship earlier this summer, has repeatedly claimed to be content at Valencia.

Nevertheless, transfer speculation has continued and the player has been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham this summer.

His coach, Unai Emery, admitted that Valencia may sell if a big team comes in with an attractive offer, telling Cadena Copa: "Valencia has to be prepared for a footballer having to leave, either because is he is not wanted or because some big club wants to sign him.

"We want him to stay and Mata has also expressed his wish to remain at Valencia, but we know that if a big-money offer comes in from any club and it's good for both the player and the club, it could lead to his exit."

But Mata says he is focused on his current club and, in remarks reported by Marca, said: "I have never said I want to leave.

"From here to August 31, if there are any offers then the first to know about it will be the club. I never said I wasn't happy here.

"There's no point speaking about suppositions. I like to talk about realities. I am very relaxed because if there is anything, the club will assess it.

Mata claims he is used to dealing with transfer talk, in any case, having been tipped to move to Barcelona during last summer's World Cup and then heavily linked with several sides during the recent Euros.

"For me, isolating myself is no problem," he said. "I already went through it at the World Cup and at the European Under-21 Championship.

"I know the boss said something yesterday (about the possibility of me leaving), but I am not aware of any offer having arrived."

L

lker Casillas

Friday 22nd July 2011

Sevilla make first ever Asian signing

Sevilla have announced the signing of up and coming Japanese striker Hiroshi Ibusuki.

The Girona striker will join the club's B squad next season and becomes Sevilla's first ever Asian player.

It is thought Sevilla paid Girona €150,000 - excluding incentives - for the 20-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Sabadell.

The 196cm towering striker netted 11 times in 34 games in the last campaign and will spend next season under the watchful eye of Sevilla coach Marcelino Garcia Toral.

He played for Kashiwa Reysol from 2000-2008 before signing for Girona on January 2009, and made his debut in April of that year.

Ibusuki spent the 2009-2010 season on loan at Real Zaragoza B before last season's stint at Sabadell.

He is a member of the Japanese Under-23 squad.

L

lker Casillas

Friday 22nd July 2011

644998_33_preview.jpg

Barca confirm €26m Sanchez signing

Barcelona have confirmed an agreement has been reached over the signing of Udinese forward Alexis Sanchez on a 26 million euro transfer.

The Chile international will undergo a medical on Monday before putting pen to paper on a five-year contract.

Sanchez, 22, has been heavily linked with the European Cup winners for the majority of the summer, but there was also interest from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City.

Barca coach Pep Guardiola has made no secret of his admiration of the pacey winger and has now finally got his man after negotiations between the two clubs.

A statement on www.fcbarcelona.com said: "Udinese and FC Barcelona have reached a definitive agreement for the transfer of Alexis Sanchez.

"The medical, signing of his contract for the next five years and presentation will take place on Monday."

Sanchez spent three seasons in Udinese, and scored 12 goals in 31 appearances in Serie A last term to help the club finish fourth and qualify for the Champions League.

He was also a member of the Chile squad which reached the quarter-finals of this summer's Copa America, where they were beaten by Venezuela.

L

lker Casillas

Sunday 24th July 2011

626875_33_preview.jpg

"Barca are superior to Real Madrid"

Ex-Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini believes that current La Liga champions Barcelona are still a notch above Jose Mourinho's side.

He believes that Pep Guardiola's men are favourites to retain the title once more, telling Ligabbva.com: "I believe that Barcelona are still the best team."

"Real Madrid have really strengthened in the last two years but we will end the season the way things currently stand.

"I am like neither Mourinho nor Guardiola. Every coach has his own style, his way of playing, his characteristics."

He also gave an insight towards Barcelona summer signing, Alexis Sanchez.

"He is a player who has matured slowly after starting out very young in Chile", Pellegrini said.

"He has played for some big clubs such as Colo-Colo, River Plate, Udinese and now Barcelona. Alexis is getting stronger every year.

"He is scoring more goals and becoming a more mature player. I have no doubt that he will make a great contribution to the club."

L

lker Casillas

Sunday 24th July 2011

579361_33_preview.jpg

Bojan leaves Barcelona in tears

After signing for Roma, Bojan Krkic made a tearful farewell to Barcelona fans at a press conference.

He admitted that the move was because of a desire for first-team action, and according to Barcelona's offical website, said: "I am 20 years old and I want to continue demonstrating what I couldn't here".

The young star added: "I want to be happy about football again. I am 20 years old and I want to continue demonstrating what I couldn't here ... my dream was to triumph at Barca, but I am happy that another club has given me the chance to triumph".

"I am leaving one great club for another and both parties have an interest. So, I'm happy about that". Breaking into tears, Krkic said this was "the most bittersweet moment in many years at the club".

"I have been here twelve years, eleven at a top level. Especially this last year there has been a lack of confidence in me, I didn't get much continuity, and that hurts but I also aware of things and consider myself privileged to have been part of such a magnificent team.

" These were four great years. I take away the positive aspects", he added. Krkic also raged at the lack of playing opportunity, but refused to direct his ire at manager Pep Guardiola.

He revealed his best memories as "living together with colleagues, the cup final, my debut for Barça, my debut at the Camp Nou and my first goal," while musing about "the many times they haven't been fair with me and that's one of the reasons why I have decided to leave.

"One of the last resorts was not getting to play in the final at Wembley", he admitted, but steered clear of any Guardiola-bashing.

"I don't want any controversy with Guardiola, I don't want to speak badly about him. As a Barça member I consider him to be the best possible coach, although personally there are many things I don't agree with".

He also said to the Barcelona fans: "I want to thank all the people who have treated me so well for nine years here, all the youth players and the first team players, the media, the fans ... without them I couldn't have continued."

"I will always support Barça, I am sad to be leaving the club, but I'm very happy to be going to Roma, they have demonstrated a lot to me this last month. I hope to bring them a lot of joy. Long live Barça and long live Roma!"

L

lker Casillas

Tuesday 26th July 2011

646609_33_preview.jpg

Report: Madrid to ship out Leon

Real Madrid midfielder Pedro Leon will re-sign for Getafe on loan, according to reports.

Cadena Cope claims Leon is not part of coach Jose Mourinho's plans for the new season and will join Getafe on a season-long switch.

As part of the deal, Getafe have the option to sign the 24-year-old at the end of next season for €8 million.

Leon joined Real Madrid last summer for €10 million after impressing at Getafe but has so far failed to make the grade at the Bernabeu.

He did not fly out to the United States to attend the team's pre-season training camp.

Leon made his name at Murcia before stints at Levante, Valladolid and Getafe earned him his big money move to Madrid.

Meanwhile, Madrid midfielder Kaka has claimed Mourinho wants to keep him at the club. The Brazilian has featured for Madrid in their tour of the USA.

L

lker Casillas

Tuesday 26th July 2011

609609_33_preview.jpg

Marcelo granted Spanish nationality

Real Madrid's Brazilian defender Marcelo has been granted Spanish nationality, the club announced on their website.

The 23-year-old Brazil international, who moved to the Bernabeu during the 2006/07 season from Fluminense, will now no longer occupy one of the three non-European Union spots in the Madrid squad.

"It is a very special day for me. This is a big step. I've always wanted to be here and I'm very happy," Marcelo said on www.realmadrid.com.

L

lker Casillas

Wednesday 27th July 2011

614955_33_preview.jpg

Cazorla set for Malaga move

Malaga have agreed a deal with Villarreal to sign midfielder Santi Cazorla, subject to a medical.

No fee has been announced for the 26-year-old Spain midfielder, but reports in the country suggest it is around 20 million euros - a record for the club and by far the biggest deal of the 10 signings they have made in a summer of significant rebuilding.

"This afternoon, the two clubs have finalised the transfer of international midfielder Santi Cazorla to Malaga, assuming the player comes through the required medical check-up," the clubs said in a joint statement.

Cazorla is due to have a medical early tomorrow, before following the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Joaquin and Jeremy Toulalan in joining Manuel Pellegrini's squad as Malaga look to compete at the top end of the Primera Division table next season.

Cazorla, who has 34 Spanish caps, was part of the squad that won Euro 2008, although he missed out on World Cup glory two years later after a season spent battling injury.

He joined Villarreal from Real Oviedo as a youngster in 2002, but initially struggled to make an impact, and was sold to Recreativo Huelva in 2006 for 600,000 euros, albeit with a clause in his deal that allowed Villarreal to buy him back the following summer for 1.2 million euros.

Some impressive performances persuaded them to do exactly that, and his second spell with the Yellow Submarine was far more successful as he established himself as a key player.

L

lker Casillas

Wednesday 27th July 2011

644079_33_preview.jpg

Xavi calls for end to Fabregas saga

Barcelona midfielder Xavi has reiterated his wish to see Cesc Fabregas move to the Nou Camp from Arsenal this summer.

The Spain international angered Gunners manager Arsene Wenger with similar recent comments, when he said Fabregas was "suffering" because he wanted to join Barcelona.

Arsenal value captain Fabregas at £40million, and Barcelona have not met the asking price, but Wenger is also keen to keep his star man.

Xavi appreciates the quality of his international team-mate, who has been a target of Barcelona for several years, having left the club as a teenager to join Arsenal.

"I hope the saga ends," Xavi told German newspaper Suddeutschzeitung.

Describing Fabregas as "a piece of the puzzle", Xavi added: "Cesc is only 24 and his arrival would ensure the current cycle of Barca continues to work.

"I'm 31 and will retire in two, three or four years.

"I hope he comes."

L

lker Casillas

Thursday 28th July 2011

614955_33_preview.jpg

Malaga confirm Santi Cazorla signing

Ambitious La Liga outfit Malaga have confirmed the signing of Spanish international Santi Cazorla from Villarreal.

Free-spending Malaga have already signed nine players this summer, including the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Joris Mathijsen, Jeremy Toulalan and Joaquin, as the club's ambitious Qatari owners look to build a side capable of challenging the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Cazorla was heavily linked to Los Boquerones over the last week, and the rumours have now been proven true, after both Malaga and Villarreal confirmed on their official websites that a deal had been agreed.

While neither side have revealed the official fee involved, reports emanating from Spain suggest Cazorla will cost Malaga €19million, with another €2m to be paid based on the player's performances.

Speaking on Villarreal's website, Cazorla revealed he would be leaving the club with a heavy heart. "It is hard to express the feelings I have because we are talking about many years and many experiences at this club.

"The change is important and also exciting, but it is hard to assimilate that I am leaving after seven years." The 26-year-old, who is capable of playing anywhere across midfield, will bring a wealth of experience to La Rosaleda, having made nearly 250 top-flight appearances with Villarreal and Recreativo.

L

lker Casillas

Thursday 28th July 2011

647599_33_preview.jpg

Barcelona land more silverware

Barcelona lifted the pre-season Audi Cup with a 2-0 victory over hosts Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena.

Thiago scored the opening goal four minutes before half-time and then wrapped up the victory with a second goal in the 74th minute.

However, it was not all smiles for the European champions, as youngster Jonathan Soriano was carried off injured midway through the second half.

Internacional claimed third place with another penalty shoot-out victory over AC Milan after the game finished 2-2 in normal time.

Milan had twice led through Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexandre Pato, but Leandro Damiao and substitute Andres D'Alessandro both grabbed equalisers.

Milan then suffered in the shoot-out, missing all four of their kicks to lose it 2-0.

L

lker Casillas

Friday 29th July 2011
646761_33_preview.jpg

Real Madrid land Emirates deal

Real Madrid have agreed a five-year sponsorship deal with Emirates, the La Liga club have confirmed.

The deal, which was announced at a press conference at Madrid's Bernabeu stadium today, will see the Dubai-based airline become a "partner and official airline to the club", according to the Spanish giants' official website.

Madrid president Florentino Perez said: "I'm especially pleased with this partnership between two global brands and leaders.

"I think that we are at the beginning of an intense relationship that will bring the club closer to the millions of fans that it has around the world."

L

lker Casillas

Saturday 30th July 2011
622808_33_preview.jpg

Agent: Rossi will stay at Villarreal

Giuseppe Rossi's agent has confirmed the striker will remain at Villarreal for the new season after being heavily linked with a move this summer.

Tottenham were reported to have been interested in the Italy international but Italian giants Juventus had emerged as his most likely destination if he left Spain.

But following the sale of Santi Cazorla to Malaga, the pressure on Villarreal to cash in on the striker has eased and he will now stay with the club.

The former Manchester United forward had been keen on a deal to Juventus but will now adhere to the club's decision not to sell him.

"Giuseppe Rossi has officially been taken off the market after they sold Santi Cazorla to Malaga," his agent Federico Pastorello told Sky Italia.

"The economic problems which the club had have now been resolved by that transfer.

"Nevertheless, this decision has liberated Rossi as he's now just focusing on playing football and scoring goals.

"He's not used to being at the centre of such negotiations and tension. He wanted Juventus, but he's accepted the position taken by the president of Villarreal."

L

lker Casillas

Saturday 30th July 2011
648482_33_preview.jpg

Valencia ready to offer Canales lifeline

Real Madrid youngster Sergio Canales' bid to revive his ailing career could be about to be given a boost with Valencia reportedly ready to take him on loan.

Canales joined Real from Racing Santander last summer as one of the hottest properties in Spanish football, having put in a series of impressive performances in his debut season in La Liga.

However, his time at the Santiago Bernabeu has been far from ideal. Canales was initially hit by injuries which hampered his integration into the setup of his new club, before finding it near impossible to break into the side on the back of some impressive form from fellow new boys Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria.

With first team opportunities under coach Jose Mourinho a premium in the coming season, Canales is said to be desperate to leave the club, and according to Marca, Valencia could be about to offer him a lifeline.

While Real still believe in his potential and are unlikely to allow him to leave on a permanent transfer, the club are said to be open to the idea of loaning him out to gain more experience.

Valencia, third in La Liga last season, are shaping up to be the most ideal destination for the 20-year-old, where he will not only get the chance to play for one of Spain's best teams, but also have the opportunity to take part in the UEFA Champions League this season.

Furthermore, Valencia's loan bid for Canales looks like being a mere subplot to an intriguing transfer merry-go-round.

Should they succeed in bringing the ex-Racing youngster to the Mestalla, many are suggesting that would pave the way for current Valencia star Juan Manuel Mata to leave for the Barclays Premier League, with Arsenal and Tottenham huge favourites for his signature.

And should the Gunners pull off a significant coup in getting Mata, that could subsequently open the door for wantaway captain Cesc Fabregas to finally complete his dream move of returning to Barcelona.