• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FOR IGNORANT & COCKY SINGAPOREANS ONLY -> China's presence in Europe The long march

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
China's presence in Europe
The long march

Jun 30th 2011, 14:59 by The Economist online

China's economic expansion into Europe is gathering pace, as we report in a briefing in our latest print edition. We also argue, in a leader, that America needs to worry about the contrast between its own attitude to China and Europe’s. In this videographic, our finance editor runs through the key figures:

http://www.economist.com/node/21522922

Sperminator

It has come to my attention that there is a growing number of Ignorant & Cocky Singaporeans in Singapore.

So, as a concerned citizen, please go ahead and watch this Economist Video... short and sharp, straight to the point...

Never look down on PRC... and remember your roots... :cool:

If you are not ignorant, and not cocky, please do not see the video. :p

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FOR IGNORANT & COCKY SINGAPOREANS ONLY -> China's presence in Europe The long mar

Don't be an idiot. The quality of the PRCs in Singapore are laughable. Only good for clearing tables and speaking in broken English "one you take....$2!" :biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FOR IGNORANT & COCKY SINGAPOREANS ONLY -> China's presence in Europe The long mar

so Cooleo, you've seen the video, what is your thoughts on the video review?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

so Cooleo, you've seen the video, what is your thoughts on the video review?

Where got time to watch stupid video? I am having coffee now. Just post a few msgs to fuck idiots like u for fun la!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

I rest my case. Thanks for your response.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Disgusting.... yesterday at forum page, a tourist who had been here before a few years back and admired our clean and green Singapore says he is disappointed to find the change in Singapore now - streets littered with rubbish....sad..............

What is happening to our society? Are we turning into a “China” Singapore?

mail

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Don't be an idiot. The quality of the PRCs in Singapore are laughable. Only good for clearing tables and speaking in broken English "one you take....$2!" :biggrin:

Had a funny encounter with a couple of china women selling ban mian.
They told me it's "san kuai ban". $3.50.
One of them then asked me how to say it.
I asked her how to say in English? She said no. Puzzled, I asked her is it in Malay, she said no, how to say in "ni men de fujian hua".

Told her "sa kor puah" and asked where she was from. She replied "Bei fang".
Nearly burst out laughing. Did she not know Fujian is part of China? :biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree to a certain extent that most of the FT who were imported to Singapore is of sub-standard quality. (According to Singaporean's standards)

I too, do not like the change in Singapore... there are too many reasons to point out why Singapore have become the way it is today.

There is a big problem in Singapore, the birthrate is less than 2.1 (less than replacement ratio), a lot of reasons that lead to that point as well.

Another big problem in Singapore, is the Emigration of the born and bred Singaporeans...

And another big problem which is difficult to solve, even to any government, is Singapore's market size... puny compared to our neighboring countries.

What can we do?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree to a certain extent that most of the FT who were imported to Singapore is of sub-standard quality. (According to Singaporean's standards)

I too, do not like the change in Singapore... there are too many reasons to point out why Singapore have become the way it is today.

There is a big problem in Singapore, the birthrate is less than 2.1 (less than replacement ratio), a lot of reasons that lead to that point as well.

Another big problem in Singapore, is the Emigration of the born and bred Singaporeans...

And another big problem which is difficult to solve, even to any government, is Singapore's market size... puny compared to our neighboring countries.

What can we do?

Increase population without increasing housing and transportation is called FUCKING YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Disgusting.... yesterday at forum page, a tourist who had been here before a few years back and admired our clean and green Singapore says he is disappointed to find the change in Singapore now - streets littered with rubbish....
he meant literally or figurativly or both? ... :confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Had a funny encounter with a couple of china women selling ban mian.
They told me it's "san kuai ban". $3.50.
One of them then asked me how to say it.
I asked her how to say in English? She said no. Puzzled, I asked her is it in Malay, she said no, how to say in "ni men de fujian hua".

Told her "sa kor puah" and asked where she was from. She replied "Bei fang".
Nearly burst out laughing. Did she not know Fujian is part of China? :biggrin:

They know lah but they cannot speak fujian hua cos they are not from that region mah.

Germans don't know how to speak french correct?

jw5

Loyal

They know lah but they cannot speak fujian hua cos they are not from that region mah.

Germans don't know how to speak french correct?

Germany and France are 2 different countries............ :wink:

Sure, understand they can't speak because they are not from that region, but don't say until "NI MEN de fujian hua" lah! :biggrin:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he meant literally or figurativly or both? ... :confused:

Pardon me, there are too many pics. I only managed to attach 1 (my incompetence to attach all).
Also I must say it is not from this forum.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sure, understand they can't speak because they are not from that region, but don't say until "NI MEN de fujian hua" lah! :biggrin:

China is big enough to have seperate countries in it. it's the same as shitland.

From what i understand even taiwan's fujian hua is different from sinkapore's fujian. It's obvious that sinkees speak a bastardized weird form of hokkien.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

try communicating Singapore Version of Hokkien or Teowchew to the mainlanders (PRC), and get ready for a shocking revelation.

Taiwanese don't speak Hokkien, their language is called Min Nan Yu, which is roughly about 50% to 60% similar to Hokkien (something like Indonesian and Malay, but these languages are even closer)

When you try to speak Teochew to the Shantou people, you will realize that the Singapore version is somewhat bastardized, fucked up beyond all recognition (FUBAR). However, good news is that the basic is the same.

So, when that PRC hawker lady says, how do you say YOUR Hokkien language, in SGD 3.50, she is correct... because most PRC people are knowledgeable that there are many dialect groups in China... there are over thousands of dialect groups in China... more than 50 different tribes.

Mai Hao Lian la! Xing Kar Por si shuoi kok lah...

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sperminator which part of China are u from? Can you pronounce 'R'? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teochew Ancestors. Born & Bred 1.5 Generation Singaporean (My mother is 2nd Generation Singaporean & my father is 1st Generation Singaporean)

And remember our history... if it is not because of the Corrupt Qing Dynasty, or the Mao's great revolution, I would not exist as a Singaporean...

So, Cooleo, which part of China do your ancestor come from?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRC mandarian and our mandarian are also different. For example, we refer to ancestors as "zhu zhong", some prc northerns refer to it as "xian ren". PRC ppl knows this, and often prc counterparts would ask me how we say it in singapore mandarin.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Culture is different.

Teochew Ancestors. Born & Bred 1.5 Generation Singaporean (My mother is 2nd Generation Singaporean & my father is 1st Generation Singaporean)

And remember our history... if it is not because of the Corrupt Qing Dynasty, or the Mao's great revolution, I would not exist as a Singaporean...

So, Cooleo, which part of China do your ancestor come from?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed, culture is different.

Roots, and origins, the same.