• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zoo Tiger Killed and more.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this white tiger episode, called a chap with the outfit and asked the $M question. Would your chaps shoot the beast if they had arrived in time and had a clear shot. "Yes" was the emphatic answer will full strength confidence.

Then the penny dropped and I realised the reason for the confidence. They had indeed shot and killed a tiger in the past which never made the press. The poor beast was spotted by a Night Safari Tram driver strolling nonchalantly on the road just past his trams. Driver raises the alarm, the team spots the beast and takes it out as they could not take a chance of it escaping into the undergrowth.

Since we were on the topic, decided to cover other incidents.

Staff spots Orang Utan conducting its own photo session by the roadside with arm over shoulders of visitors. Rather than hit the walkie talkie and alert everyone including management and screw up keeper's life, mobile phone call made to the keeper. As his team rushes foreward, the animal spots them and knows what it was doing wrong and immediately takes up submissive position by placing both hands on its head and crouching.

Next incident, 2 young orangutans decide to take stroll in the middle of the busy day holding hands and walking on the main road to the delight of the crowd. Keepers rush in and grab them.

Asked the chap, why the escapes and he said it is one of the biggest zoos in the world with enclosures designed to be natural. There are also mutiple entry and exit points unlike a staright forward cage. Human error and forgetfulness the main issues. Orang Utans are also highly intelligent and watch the keepers routine and wait for the occasional opportunity.

Thats the zoo for you. Business as usual.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After this white tiger episode, called a chap with the outfit and asked the $M question. Would your chaps shoot the beast if they had arrived in time and had a clear shot. "Yes" was the emphatic answer will full strength confidence.

I think we can't blame him or zoo policy for that. If there's no policy to shoot tigers or lions on sight when a man is being attacked, then we should be very worried. The question of how come the man is in a position to be attacked should come later. Try to safe him first. The only realistic chance is a bullet on target in this kind of situation where one blow from the big cat, whether with jaws or with claws, can be fatal.

Asked the chap, why the escapes and he said it is one of the biggest zoos in the world with enclosures designed to be natural. There are also mutiple entry and exit points unlike a staright forward cage. Human error and forgetfulness the main issues. Orang Utans are also highly intelligent and watch the keepers routine and wait for the occasional opportunity.

At the end of this little tale, I heaved a sigh of relief. Fortunately, none of the orang utans and visitors involved were hurt. You're right, orang utans are intelligent animals who can observe and work out where the exits are. This case to me, was clearly that the keepers failed to lockup the exit points for their own convenience, as they make many trips in and out per day.

Reminds me of my schoolboy days in East Coast Park near chalets and Big Splash. We'd take the chance for a free tour of chalet facilities and big sliding splashing fun when we spotted security staff leaving some back fencing exits without locking with padlocks, but just latching.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we can't blame him or zoo policy for that. If there's no policy to shoot tigers or lions on sight when a man is being attacked, then we should be very worried. Reminds me of my schoolboy days in East Coast Park near chalets and Big Splash. We'd take the chance for a free tour of chalet facilities and big sliding splashing fun when we spotted security staff leaving some back fencing exits without locking with padlocks, but just latching.

Agree with you here bro, wholeheartedly. Life must go one. Nobody is perfect.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should just stand-by more sedating dart guns. if the keepers r not trained, at least it provides 2nd career for cannot make it SAF regulars who kena chopped.

KuaTioGui

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then the penny dropped and I realised the reason for the confidence. They had indeed shot and killed a tiger in the past which never made the press. The poor beast was spotted by a Night Safari Tram driver strolling nonchalantly on the road just past his trams. Driver raises the alarm, the team spots the beast and takes it out as they could not take a chance of it escaping into the undergrowth.

Since we were on the topic, decided to cover other incidents.

Staff spots Orang Utan conducting its own photo session by the roadside with arm over shoulders of visitors. Rather than hit the walkie talkie and alert everyone including management and screw up keeper's life, mobile phone call made to the keeper. As his team rushes foreward, the animal spots them and knows what it was doing wrong and immediately takes up submissive position by placing both hands on its head and crouching.

Next incident, 2 young orangutans decide to take stroll in the middle of the busy day holding hands and walking on the main road to the delight of the crowd. Keepers rush in and grab them.

Thats the zoo for you. Business as usual.

that's like describing 90% of the zoos in this world..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should just stand-by more sedating dart guns. if the keepers r not trained, at least it provides 2nd career for cannot make it SAF regulars who kena chopped.
Sedating drugs take a while to take effect. The only immediate option is to shoot to kill.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sedating drugs take a while to take effect. The only immediate option is to shoot to kill.

Agree. Just read that the tiger literally beheaded the man and crushed his skull with a couple of blows within a few seconds. The body required more than 80 stitches to be reconstituted presentably. If the man crossing the moat was undetected and no alarm raise for, say 10 or 15 minutes, it's not hard to imagine that there's no body left, just skeleton.

Though in this case I don't blame the tiger, I still agree that ready to shoot to kill is the security precaution all zoos (and circuses) should take seriously, unless they hire Wu Song as keeper or trainer.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shooter will never kill the tigers if they reach in time. The tigers life worth more than the zoo keeper life.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shooter will never kill the tigers if they reach in time. The tigers life worth more than the zoo keeper life.

Disagree. The philosophy is very clear. Human lives come first. No organisation in the world will take such an indefensible stand of watching a tiger kill a human being.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/191cPadaxCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/191cPadaxCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

theres always a reason for any animals attack...animals dont attack for no reason ..i have study animals for years ...trust me ..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjWtRYaxmWM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjWtRYaxmWM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2aGwkC3eN0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2aGwkC3eN0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
theres always a reason for any animals attack...animals dont attack for no reason ..i have study animals for years ...trust me ..

Yes, I do trust you on that. They can be broadly classified into two categories, 1. hunger and aggressive action, 2. agitation and defensive reaction. The motives are different but the results are usually the same, fatal or at least dismemberment or paralysing.

Anyway, we're talking about a compound authorised and supervised to keep big cats, where the scenario is a big cat spotted attacking a man. I keep to my stand. Shoot the big cat first to save the man first. Investigate the reasons later.

However, in this particular tragedy, I also agree that there's no point shooting the tiger when shooting it won't save the man and serves neither justice nor penalty as there's apparently quite some unwarranted and suicidal provocation against the tiger on the part of the man.

Last edited:

KuaTioGui

Alfrescian
Loyal
or they can just install high powered water jet hose around the vicinty of large predators... when all they have to do is turn on the water and aim at the predators.

this wouldnt work in crocs habitat though :rolleyes:

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one is n ot Zoo tiger and killed even more :biggrin:
57276481_1ab209de59.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/191cPadaxCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/191cPadaxCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Even animals knows if the person is a sinkie. The world is fair.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, I do trust you on that. They can be broadly classified into two categories, 1. hunger and aggressive action, 2. agitation and defensive reaction. The motives are different but the results are usually the same, fatal or at least dismemberment or paralysing.

Anyway, we're talking about a compound authorised and supervised to keep big cats, where the scenario is a big cat spotted attacking a man. I keep to my stand. Shoot the big cat first to save the man first. Investigate the reasons later.

However, in this particular tragedy, I also agree that there's no point shooting the tiger when shooting it won't save the man and serves neither justice nor penalty as there's apparently quite some unwarranted and suicidal provocation against the tiger on the part of the man.

3. Sinkie-stenchness and turning off-ness.

Anyway, we're talking about a compound authorised and supervised to keep big cats, where the scenario is a big cat spotted attacking a man. I keep to my stand. Shoot the big cat first to save the man first. Investigate the reasons later

If the person is a sinkie, just let the tigers enjoy the meal and we should honour and knight the tiger after that.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid thai loser, u couldn't resist a dig at sporeans even though the victim is a malaysian right..

get a life.. pimping wun get u anywhere.:oIo: