• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exotic Pets

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have only reared goldfish, turtle (red ear slider) and guinea pig before. Goldfish was a nightmare, so many died before my tank stabilized. Guinea pig was fun but it really shit a lot... Turtle was a happy medium as it was more interactive than a fish and not as hard to maintain as the guinea pig.

Thanks to drifter, I am suddenly made aware of the world of exotic pets. I amazed at the wide variety of pets available to us in SG and wonder who are the pet keepers here and what exotic pets do you guys have... The price of stingrays amaze me at thousands of dollars each... We eat these dudes on BBQ with sambal chilli...

What are some recommended pets if I do not want to go the route of cats or dogs?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pot belly pig? They have been popular in America. Donno why they've never taken off in singapore.. maybe because they are non-halal.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Karmabear, how about snakes..?

Got this friend of mine who likes to go to the forested areas of Punggol.. He caught few snakes there. He kept this baby python for quite some time, feeding it mice nearly every day.. When the python grew to about nearly 1 metre, he released that bugger back to the wild.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Karmabear, how about snakes..?

Got this friend of mine who likes to go to the forested areas of Punggol.. He caught few snakes there. He kept this baby python for quite some time, feeding it mice nearly every day.. When the python grew to about nearly 1 metre, he released that bugger back to the wild.

Bro , your friend is crazy .. Snakes don't eat everyday .. Twice a month will do

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can get snake in Singapore meh? Potbelly pig only if you live in a large landed like GCB...otherwise how to handle. I found my apartment too small for guinea pig liao as I needed to let the piglet run around for exercise.

Spider like a bit hardcore...hahaha...

Right now thinking about star tortoise or angonoka tortoise if I can find...

Bro drifter, can you give us like a list of common exotics and prices we can expect to pay for? The stingray really boggles my mind. I think HDB guys like me can only rear cockroach and rats liao...

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<embed src="http://player.56.com/v_61373222.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allownetworking="all" allowscriptaccess="always" width="480" height="405">

Exclusive!!!
clinton666 displaying his muay thai skills.
Video courtesy of BusNo64.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro , your friend is crazy .. Snakes don't eat everyday .. Twice a month will do

Bro drifter, I not joking man..

Once a day, my friend will give his pet python one live mice to eat... Within 1 month, the python pet he called Bobo grew so damn fast.. I did not know he kept a python at his home until one day I went to his house to watch football. While sitting on his sofa and drinking Tiger, I saw a thing slithering underneath his TV rack. Then i realised it was a snake! I shouted at the top of my voice and ran away from his house. he then persuaded me to return back to his home and say that the snake is harmless.

That's how he told me of his escapades at Punggol forest with his friends catching snakes for hobby and explaining to me how he fed his snake.

I got this fear of snakes from my army days.. Till now these slithering buggers give me the creeps.:eek:

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think there was a similar thread on pets some weeks back...

Anyway keep turtle, gold fish and spiders last time

But now my exotic pets keep in Batam, they treat me well, shiok..

The not so exotic pets I keep in Geylang, they treat me equally well but costs me 3 extra blue notes, compared to the exotic ones.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
ten_exotic_pets_in_the_world-www.wonders-world.com-13%5B4%5D.jpg

jw5

Loyal
How about armadillo?

I first learned about this animal from a John Irving novel.

Subsequently, I saw Anthony Bourdain eating one on his travels! :o

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can get snake in Singapore meh? Potbelly pig only if you live in a large landed like GCB...otherwise how to handle. I found my apartment too small for guinea pig liao as I needed to let the piglet run around for exercise.

Spider like a bit hardcore...hahaha...

Right now thinking about star tortoise or angonoka tortoise if I can find...

Bro drifter, can you give us like a list of common exotics and prices we can expect to pay for? The stingray really boggles my mind. I think HDB guys like me can only rear cockroach and rats liao...

bro..you can check www.kingsnake.com ..all your questions will be answer .