• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st World Taxi Services : Nauseating Taxi Ride - By Theresa Loo (Ms) - 22 June 11

Y

Yip Hon

>

ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Jun 22, 2011

Nauseating Taxi Ride

ON JUNE 12, at about 10am, my husband and I booked a CityCab (SH8013T) to the airport. Halfway through the ride, the cabby decided to clean out his ear and nose.

With his right hand on the steering wheel, his left was busy doing the "cleaning". This went on for some 10 minutes, with him flicking the dirt on the floorboard, in front of his seat. Then he ran his fingers all over his head, probably to "clean out" the dandruff on his scalp too.

Cleaning one's body dirt should be done in the privacy of one's home or in the toilet, not in public and in full view of the passenger. The trip left us feeling unpleasant and nauseated.

Luckily, I managed to scramble the exact fare to pay him as I did not wish to receive any change from his hands.

This is not a lone incident. Many a time, at traffic lights, I have seen cabbies using a tweezer to pull out stubble on their chins and cheeks, with passengers in the cab.

The taxi companies should remember that cabbies represent not just the companies but also Singapore. Do they care only about renting out cabs and collecting rentals?

Perhaps they should publish a handbook for cabbies with simple illustrations on social etiquette, and the dos and don'ts when dealing with members of the public and tourists.

Theresa Loo (Ms)

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1st World Taxi Services : Nauseating Taxi Ride - By Theresa Loo (Ms) - 22 Jun

wait till theresa ride this cab

car-toilet.jpg

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1st World Taxi Services : Nauseating Taxi Ride - By Theresa Loo (Ms) - 22 Jun

Stupid bitch so fussy and need to write to the press for this shit? She needs to do nude squats ASAP!:mad::mad::mad:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wait till theresa ride this cab

machiam uncle botak... :eek:

..."Then he ran his fingers all over his head, probably to "clean out" the dandruff on his scalp too.."

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since when is Singapore a FIRST WORLD, WORLD CLASS city?

It is one SPIN after another. Believe at your own perils.

ANY COUNTRY THAT ASKS IT'S OWN CITIZENS TO WELCOME FTs WITH OPEN LEGS CANNOT BE GOVERNED BY A world class govt. Instead of telling FTs they are guests in OUR country; CITIZENS are told to accept the FTs' flaws. KNNBCCB:oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they cannot find tweezers they usually use two coins...Theresa might want to suggest that all taxi drivers from now on, wear gloves, put on face mask, wear a hat cover their ears...ok! the cleaning of the orifices is unsightly...but this is SINgapore!

Last edited:
Y

Yip Hon

If they cannot find tweezers they usually use two coins...Theresa might want to suggest that all taxi drivers from now on, wear gloves, put on face mask, wear a hat cover their ears...ok! the cleaning of the orifices is unsightly...but this is SINgapore!

good chance that she have pissed off the taxi driver the momemt

she boarded the cab .

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Soon all taxi drivers must pass grooming test to get their driving license...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

she boarded the cab .

The proof is in the pudding, Theresa must be one ugly broad, if one pretty lassie, you think , the taxi driver will do that kind of cleaning?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

alot depends on the pride of the cabbies. In Japan, the cabbie drivers are impeccably well dressed, with caps, jackets, and gloves. Of course, u pay a bomb for the taxi.

even in Taiwan where the cab fare is cheaper than SG, the drivers are well behaved and they even have guidelines in their cabs - displayed for passengers to see - i can rem vividly, no chewing of betel nut, no discussion of politics, follow directions of passenger, listen to the radio station of passengers desire, dress cleanly, etc.

Certain cabs that i take in SG - esp those black cabs (previously private owned ones) - wah lao...got awful stink...a least spray some airfreshener lah...

Y

Yip Hon

alot depends on the pride of the cabbies. In Japan, the cabbie drivers are impeccably well dressed, with caps, jackets, and gloves. Of course, u pay a bomb for the taxi.

even in Taiwan where the cab fare is cheaper than SG, the drivers are well behaved and they even have guidelines in their cabs - displayed for passengers to see - i can rem vividly, no chewing of betel nut, no discussion of politics, follow directions of passenger, listen to the radio station of passengers desire, dress cleanly, etc.

Certain cabs that i take in SG - esp those black cabs (previously private owned ones) - wah lao...got awful stink...a least spray some airfreshener lah...

>

LOL ... i think thats what Theresa

suggested to the cabby ...lol

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stupid woman..

Complaining to the press even over a small matter like this..:mad:

I once had hailed an NTUC cab last March.. Told him I wanna go Kranji Turf club since there was a race on that Saturday.. This pot belly taxi uncle, a loveable cheery jolly man.. While driving, hooked up a small chat with him about horse betting, football, and politics.
He was a Workers Party fanatic...Kept on cursing PAP especially Wong Kan Seng. Then he unwinded his window and asked me whether its ok if he lights a ciggie.. I told him go ahead and me and him ended up smoking inside his cab on that 20 min journey to Kranji. After I alighted at Kranji, the taxi uncle wished me luck and reminded me to vote for the Opposition during the GE.

That was one of my most memorable taxi cab journey and to top it off, won quite handomely on the horses that i betted on.:smile:

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The proof is in the pudding, Theresa must be one ugly broad, if one pretty lassie, you think , the taxi driver will do that kind of cleaning?

Theresa : Oiii.. i was with my hubby and i have a hubby so don't call me ugly unless my hubby is blind. Yes love is blind.

ON JUNE 12, at about 10am, my husband and I booked a CityCab (SH8013T) to the airport. Halfway through the ride, the cabby decided to clean out his ear and nose.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the character-she behave like the fucking bitches from sph and mediacock. :oIo:

she boarded the cab .

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stupid woman..

Complaining to the press even over a small matter like this..:mad:

Will you take cab if the driver is ah neh or keling?
Actually i never see one before...
They don't want to be labeled as low kasta maybe...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will you take cab if the driver is ah neh or keling?
Actually i never see one before...
They don't want to be labeled as low kasta maybe...

Bro, its been ages since I took a cab driven by a Keling..

I think it was 14 years back... Remembered this keling taxi uncle because me and my army mates pooled our money to share a cab during book out time. Waited a long time for a cab outside my army camp and suddenly this black cab driven by a Keling stopped..

We then boarded the taxi and I remembered his taxi full incense smell..

Yes bro, you are right... Taxis driven by Keling are rare.. many taxis driven by the Chinese and Malay Uncles..

I'll only take taxis when my wife is using the car or when I'm unable to bring back my company's van home. But at times I'll also take buses or the MRT.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Theresa : Oiii.. i was with my hubby and i have a hubby so don't call me ugly unless my hubby is blind. Yes love is blind.

Some just close their eyes & F##@k...!! it is the smell that attracts them...and you want to know, what is the smell?? ha ha ha ha