• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this the right time to invest in properties?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've some cash on hand and a fairly stable job. My friends said properties, especially those who are going to TOP soon, will be very cheap as many buyers will need to sell them before full payment.

Is this true? :confused:

Really good time to invest?

waterplace_1.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've some cash on hand and a fairly stable job. My friends said properties, especially those who are going to TOP soon, will be very cheap as many buyers will need to sell them before full payment.

waterplace_1.jpg

See how the IR perform first, it has greater impact on properties in town.

Z

Zombie

Look at the charts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 233

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the charts.
looking at the chart patterns, its clear indication that the property prices hit the ceiling & is due to fall anytime soon. how sharp the drop will depend on how much buying power the ppl have.

since salaries r stagnant or dropping, inflation is rising faster than b4. if the ppl r stupid to buy (with loans), very soon we will have "sub-prime part II - the legacy continues"

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
So how? Can buy or not?

This question is like stock punters asking if the stock price bottom out or not.

if you know the answer, you will sell your house, car, wife and borrow from every loan shark.

A friend recently went in the market thinking a certain blue chips is already all time low, only to find that it went even lower after that.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

waterplace_1.jpg

Bro,

if you have cash on hand to spare, now is a good opportunity to take note of the property you are going to buy. However, if you are not experienced, you need a good conveyancing lawyer to help you manage your S&P which is (Sales and Purchase).
Remember do not depend on the housing agent to know this, because a lot of housing agents are ignorant about this. When things happened, we don't say it's agent fault this and that, because we must take care of our own interests and not depend for people to take care for us.

During the 2007 period, a lot of developments were launched. Example a developer could have launched a 3 bedroom unit at 1.5million. Then a lot of people were buying with deferred payment. However with deferred payment, these buyers still have to fork out an initial payment of 10% or 15% or even 20%.

Now 2009, the very same property that the buyer has bought, he decides to go for loan.
Let's say then he paid up $225K which is 15%.
Now upon TOP, he need to pay up 65% or 70% and then the rest upon collection of keys.
65% of 1.5million = $975K

He needs to get financing from the bank. Bank gives him a valuation of 1.2million (very normal or even less)
With this valuation, bank loans him 70% which amounts to $840K. So now this fella has to fork out extra $135K for the 65% payment which on top of his $225K which he paid up before.

I can tell you a lot of people will not be able to get so much cash as there is still that final payment of 20% to think about.

What he can do now is to sell off as to not incur loss on top of losses and further losses of interests on his bank loan. That means his initial 15% of $225K is already in the drain.

If you buy the property from him at 1.2million, you might not even need to put a deposit of 1% because his is a negative sale. By giving him a 1% deposit, when he is in a negative sale position, there will be a lot of complications relating from the sale. That is why a proper S&P document instead of the standard OTP has to be drafted by the conveyancing lawyer to proceed the deal without complications.

Remember, if the property you are buying is a negative sale, take note, you are in a good position whereby he has absorbed the full impact of the reduce in valuation, and you are in a better position as you are putting in 0 dollar down for your property.

But not all situations are like this. A lot of buyers, agents, sellers are ignorant of this and may demand a 1% option money, but this may not be necessary. So the 1st owner not only forfeits his initial 15% and with the sale of the house, he may have to top up the deficit.

I am not sure whether they can use CPF to top up deficit, but in a no way to run situation, the chances of them letting go at 1.2mill is very high as they want to cut their loss rather than hold on and lose more facing bankruptcy.

So who say property market cannot play. It just depend on how you play it. Everyone say price soft, this and that, but they don't know how the fundamentals really work. For those who buy, working thru the loops with lawyer support, its a good opportunity.

Good time everyone play property market, bad times also can play. When no one dare to play, then that's a good time to do what others do not dare.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
play in sinkieland?? You must be joking.

If you have no knowledge of how the system works, its best you stay out and steer clear. Anyway, for people who don't play the property market, they would never understand how the loopholes work.

This kind of play is not for everyone and only for those who have ready cash on hand and taking little bank loan. Projected returns will be at least 20%, not for those commandos with not much cash thinking of hit and run.

Opportunities are everywhere. Times of bad, there are opportunities, if you think its lousy just because you think so, without knowledge of how the whole thing works, so be it. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you have no knowledge of how the system works, its best you stay out and steer clear. Anyway, for people who don't play the property market, they would never understand how the loopholes work.

This kind of play is not for everyone and only for those who have ready cash on hand and taking little bank loan. Projected returns will be at least 20%, not for those commandos with not much cash thinking of hit and run.

Opportunities are everywhere. Times of bad, there are opportunities, if you think its lousy just because you think so, without knowledge of how the whole thing works, so be it. :wink:

Sinkieland property is controlled by your sinkie govt. You want real loopholes? Be close to the evil lord of sinkieland, you have the best loop hole.

Such a market is not in a fair balance scale. Play in such a limited land scale will rise up the price of property and then who suffer? Sinkie suffer and they blur blur buy at higher price. So in sinkieland, that is how people killed off each other.

Face it, sinkieland doesn't has what it takes to put up a play in a market. Those property are own by developers who has a link to the govt.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland property is controlled by your sinkie govt. You want real loopholes? Be close to the evil lord of sinkieland, you have the best loop hole.

Such a market is not in a fair balance scale. Play in such a limited land scale will rise up the price of property and then who suffer? Sinkie suffer and they blur blur buy at higher price. So in sinkieland, that is how people killed off each other.

Face it, sinkieland doesn't has what it takes to put up a play in a market. Those property are own by developers who has a link to the govt.

How many properties have you bought yet? Overseas or Singapore. :rolleyes:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good time to figure out your budget, and scout around and see what you'd like. When prices really start to fall, it'd be like a buffet.

buy or not, it's a personal call.
I personally wouldn't buy yet.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

if you have cash on hand to spare, now is a good opportunity to take note of the property you are going to buy. However, if you are not experienced, you need a good conveyancing lawyer to help you manage your S&P which is (Sales and Purchase).
Remember do not depend on the housing agent to know this, because a lot of housing agents are ignorant about this. When things happened, we don't say it's agent fault this and that, because we must take care of our own interests and not depend for people to take care for us.

During the 2007 period, a lot of developments were launched. Example a developer could have launched a 3 bedroom unit at 1.5million. Then a lot of people were buying with deferred payment. However with deferred payment, these buyers still have to fork out an initial payment of 10% or 15% or even 20%.

Now 2009, the very same property that the buyer has bought, he decides to go for loan.
Let's say then he paid up $225K which is 15%.
Now upon TOP, he need to pay up 65% or 70% and then the rest upon collection of keys.
65% of 1.5million = $975K

He needs to get financing from the bank. Bank gives him a valuation of 1.2million (very normal or even less)
With this valuation, bank loans him 70% which amounts to $840K. So now this fella has to fork out extra $135K for the 65% payment which on top of his $225K which he paid up before.

I can tell you a lot of people will not be able to get so much cash as there is still that final payment of 20% to think about.

What he can do now is to sell off as to not incur loss on top of losses and further losses of interests on his bank loan. That means his initial 15% of $225K is already in the drain.

If you buy the property from him at 1.2million, you might not even need to put a deposit of 1% because his is a negative sale. By giving him a 1% deposit, when he is in a negative sale position, there will be a lot of complications relating from the sale. That is why a proper S&P document instead of the standard OTP has to be drafted by the conveyancing lawyer to proceed the deal without complications.

Remember, if the property you are buying is a negative sale, take note, you are in a good position whereby he has absorbed the full impact of the reduce in valuation, and you are in a better position as you are putting in 0 dollar down for your property.

But not all situations are like this. A lot of buyers, agents, sellers are ignorant of this and may demand a 1% option money, but this may not be necessary. So the 1st owner not only forfeits his initial 15% and with the sale of the house, he may have to top up the deficit.

I am not sure whether they can use CPF to top up deficit, but in a no way to run situation, the chances of them letting go at 1.2mill is very high as they want to cut their loss rather than hold on and lose more facing bankruptcy.

So who say property market cannot play. It just depend on how you play it. Everyone say price soft, this and that, but they don't know how the fundamentals really work. For those who buy, working thru the loops with lawyer support, its a good opportunity.

Good time everyone play property market, bad times also can play. When no one dare to play, then that's a good time to do what others do not dare.

OMG! A simple question of whether 'can buy or not' and you come around to put up such a long posting which I and most of the folks here can't even be bothered to read.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG! A simple question of whether 'can buy or not' and you come around to put up such a long posting which I and most of the folks here can't even be bothered to read.

If you cannot be bothered to read, no one can force you to read. The choice to reply is also entirely up to you.

The threadstarter was asking for views, and the only thing most can say is buy or don't buy without saying why.

Last thing is if you don't like what I post, there is an ignore function which you can use to ignore my postings.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you cannot be bothered to read, no one can force you to read. The choice to reply is also entirely up to you.

The threadstarter was asking for views, and the only thing most can say is buy or don't buy without saying why.

Last thing is if you don't like what I post, there is an ignore function which you can use to ignore my postings.

Does this saying, 'empty vessel makes a lot of noise' sound familiar to you?