• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LBH finally admits that People's Association (PA) has never been people-centric

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have renamed it to Event Association (EA) at the beginning to avoid the embarrassment. :biggrin:

Lim Boon Heng wants PA to be people-centric
by Ng Jing Yng
04:47 AM May 30, 2011
SINGAPORE - The newly-created role at the People's Association (PA) - special adviser to the chairman - came after retired minister Lim Boon Heng wanted to see through a key change in the organisation: From being event-centric to people-centric.

And the former PA deputy chairman said yesterday he volunteered himself to its chairman, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, whose appointments to the management board were announced on Friday.

Speaking to reporters at a PA event yesterday, Mr Lim said: "I thought the change process was going well. But being a typical Singaporean, if I may use the term 'kiasu', I told PM that while I've stepped down, I'd like to play a part to ensure that this process is rooted into the PA and the grassroots organisations."

While his appointment comes with a possible one-year extension, Mr Lim believes much can be achieved in a single year. If necessary, he will take up the extra year.

The change process in PA started about three years ago, and the aim is for people to organise activities for themselves and not just for grassroots organisations to plan events.

Mr Lim said yesterday that he would also be playing a supporting role to new PA deputy chairman Lim Swee Say during the transition process: "I don't envy Mr Lim Swee Say because he is already in charge of a big mass movement that is the NTUC (National Trades Union Congress), and also he has gone to a new constituency in East Coast."

Besides playing an advisory role in PA, the former Minister-in-charge of Ageing Issues also wants to ensure that wellness programmes for senior citizens will be rolled out to the different constituencies, with the aim of reaching out to at least half of Singapore's senior citizens within five years.

This, he said at last night's inaugural line-dancing event at Ngee Ann City for about 1,000 senior citizens and their families, would get older folks to take responsibility of their health so they can enjoy their senior years.

PA chief executive director Yam Ah Mee cited another challenge last night. Mr Yam, who was "pleasantly surprised" by his new-found popularity after he was the Returning Officer at the recent General Election, wants to see more youth taking part in PA's activities and hopes to engage this group.

NG JING YNG

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Volunteer is free service? or they just given him, coffee & cakes, when he attends meetings, $5, ok lah!, $10 for transport. If Lim Beh Heng is just reimbursed the above-mentioned. I SALUTE him!:wink:

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_IMAGES_PIXYAM.jpg

YAM Ah Mee, Chief Executive Director People's Association has important roles to play after his overnight fame, to win the crowds back for PA.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_IMAGES_PIXYAM.jpg

YAM Ah Mee, Chief Executive Director People's Association has important roles to play after his overnight fame, to win the crowds back for PA.

How do you change the thought police organization to the people's servant organization? It is like asking God to play Satan and vice versa.

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Volunteer is free service? or they just given him, coffee & cakes, when he attends meetings, $5, ok lah!, $10 for transport. If Lim Beh Heng is just reimbursed the above-mentioned. I SALUTE him!:wink:

Should ask PAP to be transparent about these volunteers' allowance.

Why can't the report just mentioned "Mr Lim Boon Heng" ,instead of "retired Minister Lim Boon Heng":mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should ask PAP to be transparent about these volunteers' allowance.

Why can't the report just mentioned "Mr Lim Boon Heng" ,instead of "retired Minister Lim Boon Heng":mad:

It is now EM, they forgot to mention EMERITUS MINISTER...:biggrin:

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
They behave no differently then for example a banking executive that was tasked by his manager to organise a soccer tournament.

You may call it licking balls, or meeting ones KPI.

Last edited: