• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What I like about the Olympic Opening Ceremony

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. The opening with the percussioning of the thousands of mahjong tables. What better way to welcome the ang mohs with the timeless game of mahjong.

2. The footsteps of fireworks leading the viewers to the Bird Nest Stadium. The night view of Beijing was puer spectacular.

3. The rising of the Olympic Rings riddled with wires and light bulbs was moving to me.

4. The phallic gigantic Olympic flame torch mimicking the old feng huo tai (烽火台) was dashing and symbolic of an ancient warring China. I like it.

All in all, the Opening Ceremony was disappointing given such high expectations.

Since this is a nice friendly forum, I shall not dive into what I hated about the ceremony.

Don't yellow card me hor!

amadeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually many of my Singaporean friends who worked in China were very impressed with the Beijing Olympic opening. I was also surprised that China could stage such a splendid performance.

After watching the whole opening ceremony, I could not help feeling proud for China and its people. China has arrived!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say that it was quite a good entertaining show. However quite predictable as it was China's coming out party afterall. I did like the lighting of flame, quite exciting but this tends to be the case in most Games, one which I remember is the Barcelona Games where the archer lit the flame, this one with Li Ning fly running around the Bird's Nest was quite good too. Overall a thumbs up to the PRCs:smile:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
It certainly beats watching Lau Zoe's husband and his silly team doing predictable acrobatic "stunts" with their F16s or listening over and over to "Count on me Singapore" being sung over and over again!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say that it was quite a good entertaining show. However quite predictable as it was China's coming out party afterall. I did like the lighting of flame, quite exciting but this tends to be the case in most Games, one which I remember is the Barcelona Games where the archer lit the flame, this one with Li Ning fly running around the Bird's Nest was quite good too. Overall a thumbs up to the PRCs:smile:

was it Barcelona? I thot it was Seoul