• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Cheng Bock has honour, integrity and courage. He dares to stand up to LKY.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan Cheng Bock, despite being a former PAP MP, is definitely not a yes-man. He is not cut from the same cloth as Dr Lim Wee Kiak or TPL.

As Chairman of the Feedback Unit, he made life uncomfortable for many ministers because he refused to "doctor" his feedback and report only the good things. When one minister dismissed his feedback in an arrogant tone, Dr Tan said to him sternly: "OK fine I will just cut you off from now on. You will get no feedback from me". That minister soon realised the error of his ways.

Dr Tan also clashed with Goh Keng Swee and even LKY himself. He also said in 1985 that the PAP was "elitist" and "hard-headed" and this could not continue because the people would not continue to give the party a "blank cheque".

And most importantly he was for a "Singaporeans first" policy and strongly objected to the mass importation of FTs in 1999, at which point LKY got furious and ranted in public DO YOU THINK TAN CHENG BOCK IS RIGHT OR I AM RIGHT? WHO DO YOU WANT TO SHAPE SINGAPORE'S FUTURE, HIM OR ME?

More on his Parliamentary speeches and other career highlights here

http://thesatayclub.net/2011/05/dr-tan-cheng-bock-eyeing-presidential-election/

Trust me its not easy to win 6 elections with minimum margin of 69.6% and maximum of 88%. 69.6% was around the same margin as Chiam's HIGHEST victory (though he also won 6 times). Tan Cheng Bock never once won by walkover or through GRC backdoor.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

abpap:
October 24, 2014 at 12:49 am (Quote)

one thing I don’t agree with author is that Tan Cheng Bock won’t be easily manipulated by pap. He is still a pap guy. His name was thrown into the PE to dilute our votes. Since the PE, Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian have both spoken against pap policies regularly. What has Tan CB done? So far, the most notable thing he had done was to complain he wasn’t invited to NDP. Complained he was uninvited to cny party coz he was looking forward to catch up with his old pap colleagues and gla loot leaders. The more he try to project pap doesn’t friend him anymore, the more suspicious it looks. Straits Times had printed stories about TanCB helping the poor, giving free medical. Why haven’t Singaporeans learnt not to trust ANYTHING that the ST publishes?
Had Singaporeans united to vote Tan Jee Say in as President, he will be fixing lhl & his cabinet and NOT lhl having so much free time to fix opposition and Singaporeans!!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, Tan Cheng Bock is a dyed-in-the-wool PAP man. Having presidential ambitions is not the same as being anti-establishment; he simply felt that he was the better candidate in regard to the state-sponsored Tony Tan. (Contrary to what the conspiracy theorists say, TCB was not thrown in to dilute opposition votes.)

For the clueless, Kenneth Jeyaratnam actually offered the RP CEC chairmanship to TCB in May this year at a private meeting in TCB's Mt Sinai home, but TCB turned him down. KJ had bet on TCB drawing in more members as well as middle ground voters, but he didn't know that TCB has always been a PAP man through and through and will never stand on an oppo ticket.

I'll retract all I've said here the day TCB joins an oppo party or adopts an anti-establishment stance in his writings and speeches or works with civil society to redress PAP-engendered injustices and abuses.

Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian have established themselves with the oppo camp. TCB just wants to be President.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Tan Cheng Bock, despite being a former PAP MP, is definitely not a yes-man. He is not cut from the same cloth as Dr Lim Wee Kiak or TPL.

As Chairman of the Feedback Unit, he made life uncomfortable for many ministers because he refused to "doctor" his feedback and report only the good things. When one minister dismissed his feedback in an arrogant tone, Dr Tan said to him sternly: "OK fine I will just cut you off from now on. You will get no feedback from me". That minister soon realised the error of his ways.

Dr Tan also clashed with Goh Keng Swee and even LKY himself. He also said in 1985 that the PAP was "elitist" and "hard-headed" and this could not continue because the people would not continue to give the party a "blank cheque".

And most importantly he was for a "Singaporeans first" policy and strongly objected to the mass importation of FTs in 1999, at which point LKY got furious and ranted in public DO YOU THINK TAN CHENG BOCK IS RIGHT OR I AM RIGHT? WHO DO YOU WANT TO SHAPE SINGAPORE'S FUTURE, HIM OR ME?

More on his Parliamentary speeches and other career highlights here

http://thesatayclub.net/2011/05/dr-tan-cheng-bock-eyeing-presidential-election/

Trust me its not easy to win 6 elections with minimum margin of 69.6% and maximum of 88%. 69.6% was around the same margin as Chiam's HIGHEST victory (though he also won 6 times). Tan Cheng Bock never once won by walkover or through GRC backdoor.

TCH is an honourable man indeed.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest: TCB has just started his walkabouts for the next PE.

To the 35% still harbouring illusions that TCB has swung over to the oppo camp, it's time to disabuse yourself. TCB will forever be a PAP man.

This confirms what I said above: he just wants to be President.

The supreme irony is that at the next PE he might well be the PAP's sponsored candidate.:smile:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To the 35% still harbouring illusions that TCB has swung over to the oppo camp, it's time to disabuse yourself. TCB will forever be a PAP man.

The supreme irony is that at the next PE he might well be the PAP's sponsored candidate.:smile:

TCB has learnt that if you take a step out from PAP, PAP will push you 10 steps back. Not sure how much this has diluted the PAPness in him, despite all of knowing this is the kind of party PAP is. The same applies for TKL.

Anyway, TCB or TKL will never be pivotal to the opposition cause as long as they are not part of the opposition running for parliamentary election and notwithstanding the other thread we conversed in, I wouldn't waste too much time talking about it.

ksgd0717

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan also clashed with....and even LKY himself. He also said in 1985 that the PAP was "elitist" and "hard-headed" and this could not continue because the people would not continue to give the party a "blank cheque".

OngAhHengERA.jpeg

p.s : "You can cheat some people all the time, but not all the people all the time"

Last edited:

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tan CB will be the next president if he runs. Don't think he needs PAP to sponsor.