• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's world class tranport ranked 18 in world survey, behind KL and New Delhi!

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/press-release-print.pag?docid=232729112

Frost & Sullivan Press Release
Published: 12 May 2011

Frost & Sullivan Journey Experience Index Ranks Copenhagen, Seattle & Sydney as Top 3 Cities with Highly Satisfied Commuters

Date Published: 12 May 2011

Kuala Lumpur, May 12, 2011 - Public and private transport commuters in Copenhagen, Seattle and Sydney are most satisfied in their journey experience, a Frost & Sullivan survey reveals.

Mr. Vivek Vaidya, Vice President, Automotive & Transportation Practice, Asia Pacific at Frost & Sullivan said that Copenhagen topped the index with an average score of 81.5 points in overall journey experience -public and private transportation - due to its high usage of non-motorised transport such as bicycles and integrated public transportation system.

He noted that 25 per cent of the city's population either cycle or walk to reach their destinations as compared to the global average of less than 10 per cent. The city has an extensive and well established cycling path, spanning 350km.

Mr. Vaidya said that Seattle scored an average of 78.5 points while Sydney achieved a score of 78 points in the index. "Seattle and Sydney scored highly due to its excellent road infrastructure and high car ownership. Our analysis shows that cities with high car ownership tend to record higher satisfaction in overall journey experience," he added.

Frost & Sullivan's Journey Experience Index is calculated on the basis of speed, cost of travel and overall comfort and experience. The survey was conducted from September 2010 to February 2011 and involved 14,771 respondents from 23 cities.

Mr. Vaidya said that Jakarta, Seoul and Rio de Janeiro made up the lower spectrum of the index. "Commuters in these 3 cities were mainly dissatisfied due to traffic congestion for individual transport and over-crowding in public transportation," he said. He added that Jakarta scored an average of 30.5 points, Seoul (36.5) and Rio de Janeiro (45.5).

"The Frost & Sullivan Journey Experience Index has certainly provided us with insights to generate and test proposals for improving how people move around so better solutions can be found as the growth in populations in major cities across the world continues to expand," he added.

The Journey of Experience Index is part of Frost & Sullivan's Urban Mobility research programme to track the mobility of 27,600 commuters and inner-city residents over a year across 23 global cities, covering weekdays and weekends. This is a first of its kind study at global level which sheds light on how people travel globally, what are their frustrations and therefore what solutions would they like to see to overcome these frustrations.

Mr. Vaidya said that the mobility research program will benefit the governments, infrastructure players, IT and energy companies, telecoms providers, automotive companies and public transport authorities.

He added that Frost & Sullivan will analyse the costs incurred with existing systems - congestion, accidents, pollution and land space devoted to cars - compare and benchmark cities around the world that are very different in terms of size, demographics and wealth.

Frost & Sullivan Journey Experience Index

1. Copenhagen (81.5)
  2. Seattle (78.5)
  3. Sydney (78)
  4. San Francisco (75)
  5. Dubai (72.5)
  6. Los Angeles (72.5)
  7. New York (71)
  8. London (67.5)
  9. Shanghai (67.5)
  10. Frankfurt (63.5)
  11. Johannesburg (62)
  12. New Delhi (62)
  13. Paris (61.5)
  14. Kuala Lumpur (61)
  15. Beijing (60.5)
  16. Moscow (60.5)
  17. Tokyo (60.5)
  18. Singapore (54.5)
  19. Mexico City (49.5)
  20. Cairo (46.5)
  21. Rio de Janeiro (45.5)
  22. Seoul (36.5)
  23. Jakarta (30.5)

About Frost & Sullivan

Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com

Media contact:

Ms. Alice Chia
Corporate Communications - Asia Pacific
Automotive & Transportation Practice
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +603-6204-5899

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore's world class tranport ranked 18 in world survey, behind KL and New Del

Lol behind KL? Land of the Matlaysians?! This is a joke sia!

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore's world class tranport ranked 18 in world survey, behind KL and New Del

lol singapore is 6th from the bottom.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What could you expect when the Millions In Wages are sleeping and the biggest public transport operator is run by a Malaysian trash :p

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

What could you expect when the Millions In Wages are sleeping and the biggest public transport operator is run by a Malaysian trash :p

attachment.php

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why are we paying better than world class salaries to our minister and his servants then? Hard to digest being behind KL and New Delhi.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

KL got public transport meh?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

This goes to show surveys and rankings may not reflect reality. The surveys which rank Singapore tops in many other areas should be viewed with some skepticism as well. It is all about how the questionaires are designed, what questions are asked.

Singapore's low ranking must be due to the high COE cost as it says "Frost & Sullivan's Journey Experience Index is calculated on the basis of speed, cost of travel and overall comfort and experience." Besides, Singapore's MRT reach is still very limited compared to major cities like London, Paris or Tokyo. Also, the Singapore taxi fleet is one of the shittiest among developed countries especially the uneducated ah beng drivers who bore you with their incessant uninvited chats.

But one point i agree is KL cannot be ahead of Singapore... try driving through KL city and you know what i mean.

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

I hv been travelling due to my job, and i can tell you, right from the beginning that our transport was never "World Class". It was called World Class by our ministers, who thought tt we were stupid enough to fall for it. & everytime when we cite another city's transport system n how much better they were, they ridicule the system to make themselves look good. So now we have an independent body to rate our transport system and we are number 6 from the bottom. Is that why we pay our ministers millions of dollars to give us an inefficient transport system , when the transport ministers in Copenhagen, Sydney and seattle earn about 5% of our ministers salary , but create a first class system. So, tell me, do our ministers deserve this kond of salary?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KL LRT :eek:
2631242832_5168c80252_o.jpg

SINKAPOOR MRT :eek:
0818_gallery_mrt.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

London and KL higher than Singapore?? This cannot be right.
Where is Hong Kong?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

amazing! ... so many cannot accept sg lost 2 msia! ... :eek:

dat 154th really effectif in undesired ways ... :(

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm surprised Sydney made it to number 3.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I hv been travelling due to my job, and i can tell you, right from the beginning that our transport was never "World Class". It was called World Class by our ministers, who thought tt we were stupid enough to fall for it. & everytime when we cite another city's transport system n how much better they were, they ridicule the system to make themselves look good. So now we have an independent body to rate our transport system and we are number 6 from the bottom. Is that why we pay our ministers millions of dollars to give us an inefficient transport system , when the transport ministers in Copenhagen, Sydney and seattle earn about 5% of our ministers salary , but create a first class system. So, tell me, do our ministers deserve this kond of salary?

Off the top of my head, I have traveled/worked and took public transport in the following cities

KL
Bangkok
Melbourne
Sydney
Tokyo
Osaka
Kyoto
Yokohama
Shanghai
Shenzhen
Beijing
Taipei
Kaohsiung
Hong Kong
Delhi
Mumbai
Hyderabad
London
Paris
Munich
Berlin
Frankfurt
Cologne
Vienna
Rome
Milan
Florence
Barcelona
Madrid
Prague
Budapest
Amsterdam
Brussels
Antwerp
Luxembourg
Atlanta
Cairo
Amman
Jerusalem
(and just in case u think I 大炮仙, about having been to so many places; check my blog, I have photographic evidence that I've actually been to all the above places)

And no I totally disagree with your statement about our transport system. Our system is comparable to ALL the above and easily rank among the top few

Oh and my colleagues from US, Japan and Europe all agree that we have a world class transport

London and KL higher than Singapore?? This cannot be right.
Where is Hong Kong?

I love the London Tube. The F**king train can blackout from time to time. That type of F up train system also can rank 6. I like this list already

KL LRT :eek:
2631242832_5168c80252_o.jpg

SINKAPOOR MRT :eek:
0818_gallery_mrt.jpg

Seriously, go KL and try taking that stupid train. It goes nowhere and good luck trying to squeeze in.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No better gauge than this for our shameles transport minitoot to start packing his barang and follow george's footsteps down the corridor and leave by the back exit.

Just came back from HKG and i's still as good, no hassles with taxis and the large capacity trains run on time.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

amazing! ... so many cannot accept sg lost 2 msia! ... :eek:

dat 154th really effectif in undesired ways ... :(

If you take public transport in KL, you'll gonna to say the same too!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Waoh how do they survey collect data?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Waoh how do they survey collect data?

They use a very common survey method, it's called pulling facts out of their ass

KL > SG is ridiculous enough. The taxis almost always refuse to charge by the metre, the train station locations are super limited and good luck trying to get a bus. U can argue that maybe I've not been to KL often enough to know better. Fair enough but Delhi > SG???
That's a long way off ridiculous!!!!!

Heck even Paris and most major city I've visited in Europe should be ranked below us. Not only is their trains not well maintained, their freaking traffic jams make ours look like a joke

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KL got public transport meh?

I've stayed in KL for extended periods & relied on their public transport. My experience is that its so much cheaper than Spore. I took the monorail, LRT and buses on a daily basis, 7 days a week and during the peak hours and found it less crowded in the trains & buses. The monorail was crowded but anyone who's taken them know how small & slow those monorail trains are.

The only time the buses were crowded, using Spore as a benchmark, was when there was an LRT breakdown. It only happened once while I was there & I was only delayed by 10 minutes because unlike in Spore there are buses running routes that are parallel to the LRT routes.

The buses run more frequently than in Spore because they are run by different companies which must compete against each other for passengers. Most of the time the buses wait for the passenger rather than the other way around. :smile:

I've taken many LRT & MRT systems in my travels: Bangkok, HK, Toronto, Edmonton, California, London, Paris, KL, Germany, Switzerland,..... and am not surprised that Spore is rated at the lower end.

I don't know of any other system which requires you to pay the maximum fare & get a refund after your trip :eek: Where else but in Spore do you have trains being taken out of service even during peak hours at Angmo Station:rolleyes: