• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Govt should focus on developing local talents and not lust after foreign talents

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swimming: Wu again out-duels Phelps

CHARLOTTE (North Carolina) - CHINA'S Wu Peng surged past US Olympic star Michael Phelps in the final 50 metres on Saturday to win the 200m butterfly at the Charlotte UltraSwim long course meeting.

Wu won in 1:56.83, while Phelps settled for second in 1:58.22. Wu couldn't match his season's best of 1:56.62, but he had the satisfaction of notching another victory over Phelps, who reigned in the 200m fly for nearly a decade.

Wu's victory at the Michigan Grand Prix last month - in a race in which Phelps finished fourth - marked the 14-time Olympic gold medallist's first defeat in the event since 2002.

'It literally felt like a piano fell on my back,' Phelps said of his late fade. 'I knew at 150 that I was in trouble.' Later Saturday, Wu helped Club Wolverine win the men's 4x200m freestyle relay, teaming with Adam DeJong, Matthew Patton and Daniel Madwed to win in 7:36.38.

Josh Schneider, who missed out on a World Championships berth in a 50m freestyle swim-off against Cullen Jones on Thursday, turned the tables on Jones with a 50m free victory in 22.51. Jones was second, just one one-hundredth of a second back.

'It's revenge, and a huge confidence booster,' Schneider said. 'I was mopey after that loss (in the swim-off). It's really the first hard defeat I've had in the sport of swimming. 'I was climbing high and far, and that knocked the wind out of me.' -- AFP

If a chinese swimmer can outswim Michael Phelps and Park Ji-Sung can do so well in MU, the S'pore Govt should wake up to the fact that it is not about the colour of your skin as to whether you can be a world champion or not.

It is about creating an environment and culture where local talents can thrive and excel and be world beaters. It is about believing in your own people.

The Foreign Talent policy is such a joke and mockery on the Spore Govt as it is on the local populace.

PAP deserves to lose the next General Elections.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Govt should focus on developing local talents and not lust after foreign tale

Singapore used to be a Western colony, it is only right and proper that Singaporeans remain true to their colonial roots and serve white caucasians dutifully.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Govt should focus on developing local talents and not lust after foreign tale

At the US Swimming Championships in 1982, Ang won the 50 m freestyle in 22.69 seconds, a world best time for that year.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> Ang also represented Singapore at the 1982 Asian Games in New Delhi, and won gold in the 100 m freestyle. Ang was presented with the 'World's Fastest Swimmer' award for 1982.

In 1983, Ang won the 50-yard freestyle race at the NCAA Division One Swimming Championships. He was also the 50-yard champion at the US Swimming Championships in 1982 and 1986, and was named an All-American for four consecutive years from 1981-84.

Swimming: Wu again out-duels Phelps
CHARLOTTE (North Carolina) - CHINA'S Wu Peng surged past US Olympic star Michael Phelps in the final 50 metres on Saturday to win the 200m butterfly at the Charlotte UltraSwim long course meeting.

Wu won in 1:56.83, while Phelps settled for second in 1:58.22. Wu couldn't match his season's best of 1:56.62, but he had the satisfaction of notching another victory over Phelps, who reigned in the 200m fly for nearly a decade.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ang should have won a medal in the 50m freestyle Olympic if the event is introduce much earlier...wrong timing!

Last edited: