• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My 5th year anniversary tonight

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 years ago this day, I signed up for an ID at Sam's lupsup Delphi kopishop and made my first post.

The 2006 GE had opened up my eyes to the politics of this country. It was my first chance to vote and I wanted to make an informed choice.

Avenues for info about local politics was still scarce back then. Toast of town during campaigning period was Mr Brown's Bachormee podcast. So I visited his blogsite, then clicked on a link to another site, then another then another and somehow ended up at Delphi. The constant stream of hilarious posts, serious opinions, unmoderated expletives and some intelligent content caught my attention.

On the night election results were announced, Delphi was ablaze with detailed analysis, conspiracy theories and general "fuck PAP mother" claims. That night I still remember exchanging posts with an intelligent forummer Koderc(??IIRC) about the bleak plight for Singaporeans.

I remember writing how Singapore no longer felt like a country, it was becoming a cold soulless corporation. He agreed. And that was the reason why he was on his way out of the country. It was sad. Intelligent Singaporeans like him were replaced by foreigners imported en mass from 3rd world countries. Where was the justice?

For the 5 years following I travelled extensively for work and other stuff. I always kept in touch with home issues thru the forum. I remember the reaction to the GST increase. I remember updates about the Mas selamat escape. I remember the bashings of Zoe Tay and Sun whore. I remember the promise of young Gayle Goh.

I also remember Marjojohn and Papbest's incredible stories, Samuraisama's expert trolling, ptader and scroobal's lengthy duels, and QXP's disappearance after foolishly revealing his own identity.

I remember Black september, Leong Tze Hean's articles, Goh meng seng's online battles with everyone. (Speaking of GMS, how things have changed. He is now battling Mah Bow tan)

I remember all that crap.

It been 5 years and a couple of nicks, and I would like to say thanks to all you fuckers. You guys have done a small part in reshaping political discourse of this country.

More good years!

Rogue Trader aka Agent066

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
first started on sammyboy in uni about 10 or 12 years ago

can't remember my nick. then. walkerj?

stopped posting around 2002

since then, only visit during election time 2006 and now.

because this is the best forum for political discussion that comes from the gut. blogs like lucky tan, yb are fantastic but the interaction here is more interesting, more down to earth, and more lepak!

only thing is, every time i come back, i need a new nick cos i forget my accounts

but yea, remember all those names. when i first started out here, goh meng seng wasnt even posting

memories are faint but wasnt QXP kinda like uncleyap

and there was this other super annoying PAP doggie. much worse than any PAPpie currently posting....haha, had fun pwning him

thats a decade ago. how time passes

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a true incident...following day aft election...lunch time with a bunch of colleagues discussing on the "freak" result...1 of de lady suddenly asked..."cross mean dun 1 rite?:eek:....wtf :biggrin::p

must ask the aunty who she is supporting first. if its pap say yah cross means don't want.
otherwise its a must to correct her mistake

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
must ask the aunty who she is supporting first. if its pap say yah cross means don't want.
otherwise its a must to correct her mistake

She dun 1 2 say...my guess she is a pest supporter...so i told her yah lor...either u cross out the opposition or sign on papaya box...signature is de universal standard of endorsement mah...:biggrin::p

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read from old birds here that it was the golden period of alfresco forum. Shame I missed it.

i don't know about golden period, but it was a real zoo

singapore was then a much stuffier place. around 96/97 was when everyone started really getting into the email, internet thing and i was in uni in the states then.
the first internet forums like sammyboy and icered boomed over the next few years....i had lots of time alone in a foreign land.

everyone was running amok on this forum....must have easily a couple hundreds if not more camping out in this forum and many times that visiting. so much pent up nervous energy, after years if not decades of being straitjacketed. there were fewer outlets in real life

even the PAP doggies were fun to play with. my favourite was an absolute maniac...kinda like a cross between LKY and Uncle Yap....wish I remember his name...maybe it was Mah Bow Tan or Lui Tuck Yew in real life. Very good sport was to be had baiting him. There's hardly any PAPpies here nowadays, or at least they are so lifeless I can't recognise them as PAPpies. Maybe the difference is that most PAPpies today know that the PAP ship is sinking, whereas 10 years ago, they were all true believers

it was an Roman orgy madhouse.

Some names I remember, ptader, scroobal, lockeliberal (who seems to less half baked nowadays), goldendragon, and a few more.

Wish I remembered more of it. Wish I remembered what my nick was

Ah well. Guess this forum is a sort of a friend to me. Except that I am a bit older and this forum is more sedate.

The maturity and touch of gray can be becoming to the ladies ya know. or at least thats the theory

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the PAP doggies were fun to play with. my favourite was an absolute maniac...kinda like a cross between LKY and Uncle Yap....wish I remember his name...maybe it was Mah Bow Tan or Lui Tuck Yew in real life. Very good sport was to be had baiting him. There's hardly any PAPpies here nowadays, or at least they are so lifeless I can't recognise them as PAPpies. Maybe the difference is that most PAPpies today know that the PAP ship is sinking, whereas 10 years ago, they were all true believers

Look at the comments on CNA & ST forums, HWZ, youtube and FB now. The doggies must have think it's better to leave us alone in here rather than dispersing us to spread the contagion.

I am most proud of our youth today. Many of them speak up and question authority without fear via social networks. I guess my generation of Singaporeans lost our balls after what happened at 1997 Cheng San.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obliged to post in my own thread in this second cooling off day.

How time flies. More than 9 years since joining the sammyboy madhouse. Looking back the past 4 years, the country is more politically liberal now. Political discussions no longer have to be in hushed tones behind closed doors.

Lawyers and doctors have joined the opposition cause -- motivated to champion social justice in our own country. Dr chee finally defeats his own demons. WP runs the perfect rally campaign. For the first time, all citizens will vote. In the post Lky Singapore, we all live in exciting times.

After tomorrow, sinkies will have to live with our voting choices. Good luck every one.