Target Audience: MParade voters
Reality: NSP's battle vs PAP in MParade is pretty clear to many of us who choose to be sensible, PAP is simply too strong for NSP to beat them. As such, the realistic assumption here is that MParade will go to the PAP.
With that uncertainty out of the way. Votes still matter, because Nicole/Cheo still have the 2nd chance to break into the parliament if NSP can garnered sufficient votes relative to the other GRCs/SMCs. It is plain stupidity/egoistic to choose either IN (as an MP) or OUT (as a bystander on the street) - just look at what Sylvia has achieved for the Opposition as a NCMP 2006-2011, she may well be a MP this time round.
- Case 1. There is no dilemma for diehard pro-PAP voters, their choice is naturally PAP,
- Case 2. There is also no dilemma for diehard anti-PAP or pro-Opposition voters, their choice would be NSP,
- Case 3. Those who are neutral or couldn't-care less or anti-both camps would likely spoil their votes,
- Case 4. There exist a dilemma for MParade voters who are pro PAP but they like Nicole's performance so far.
Proposed solution to Case 4 dilemma: Since the total number of votes in MParade will largely goes to the PAP, those who are pro-PAP but wants to give Nicole a chance in the parliament by voting for them, so that they stand a chance as an NCMP.
A visualisation of the above analysis and solution to case 4 dilemma in a 2x2 quadrant is as follows:
For those voters belonging to case 4, we now have the best of both worlds,
(a) GCT & team get to stay put and serve as our MPs for MParade GRC, and
(b) Nicole gets into the Parliament in 2011 as a NCMP*, and with 5 years of parliamentary experience; to have a higher chance of being a MP (SMC or GRC) come GE2016.
For your consideration. Q.E.D.
* GMS, choose Cheo if you want a mega outcry