• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VIVIAN to the needy - U want 3 meals in hawker foodcourt or restaurant

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vivian's regret over comment on needy

DR VIVIAN Balakrishnan yesterday expressed regret over a comment he made in Parliament which he described as 'one statement which will haunt me for my entire political life'.

The comment was made in 2007, when the Minister for Community Development and Sports had an exchange with fellow MP Dr Lily Neo, on whether the government could give more money to the poor so that they could afford three meals a day.

He had said: 'How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?'

Last night at a rally in Clementi, Dr Balakrishan said that the statement he made 'was wrong'.

He urged Singaporeans to read the entire parliamentary exchange, in which he had gone on to point out that a targeted approach to help needy families who needed additional help was better as the needs of individual families were different.

Yesterday, he said that he made the remark because 'unfortunately for me, I'm one of those ministers who likes to speak without notes and sometimes I make mistakes'.

In 2007 when the issue came up, public assistance was $290 and it now stands at $400.

Dr Balakrishnan said that needy families can also tap on other social assistance schemes such as the CCC ComCare Fund to cover their food expenses.

He added: 'So I'm stating for the record that I believe in helping people, and... I do take action and I will look after each and every single Singaporean.'

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

DR VIVIAN Balakrishnan yesterday expressed regret over a comment he made in Parliament which he described as 'one statement which will haunt me for my entire political life'.

The comment was made in 2007, when the Minister for Community Development and Sports had an exchange with fellow MP Dr Lily Neo, on whether the government could give more money to the poor so that they could afford three meals a day.

He had said: 'How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?'

Last night at a rally in Clementi, Dr Balakrishan said that the statement he made 'was wrong'.

He urged Singaporeans to read the entire parliamentary exchange, in which he had gone on to point out that a targeted approach to help needy families who needed additional help was better as the needs of individual families were different.

Yesterday, he said that he made the remark because 'unfortunately for me, I'm one of those ministers who likes to speak without notes and sometimes I make mistakes'.

In 2007 when the issue came up, public assistance was $290 and it now stands at $400.

Dr Balakrishnan said that needy families can also tap on other social assistance schemes such as the CCC ComCare Fund to cover their food expenses.

He added: 'So I'm stating for the record that I believe in helping people, and... I do take action and I will look after each and every single Singaporean.'

If ever there is a jerk, this is it.
Still no sorry, hor? Just "regret".
Big deal, an increase of $40-00 in four years PER MONTH.
Wow, so impressive.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now is the time for the needy to tell him to bend down and whether he wanted his ass to be screwed left, right or center.

Last edited:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't these cheebye useless Sinkies even have $400 a month?

What a fucking disgraceful pest

Fuck you!
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vivian Bala,
I regret to inform you i cast my vote against you. Human do make mistakes, but casting my vote against you isn't one of them.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vivian the CCB, you will forever be associated with that damn statement. no running away. Go to hell asshole.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian the CCB, you will forever be associated with that damn statement. no running away. Go to hell asshole.

I was taught by my elders, they told me, words spoken can never be taken back, so speak wisely.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Last night at a rally in Clementi, Dr Balakrishan said that the statement he made 'was wrong'.

Yesterday, he said that he made the remark because 'unfortunately for me, I'm one of those ministers who likes to speak without notes and sometimes I make mistakes' ...
ah loon said if wrong, muz apologize ...

y dun u apologize? ...

dun tink ppl dunno 'express regret' is not apologize, hor! ...

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could someone please ask VB what his stand on parents choosing to have (instead of abort) children with disability is?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now is the time for the needy to tell him to bend down and whether he wanted his ass to be screwed left, right or center.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. is this some kind of apology or what?
3. on one hand, sheep claim that emotional connection is hyper important leh!
4. or is this some kind of "i stand corrected" or what.
5. what to trust and who to trust!

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not just this one episode lor

remember the controversy about homeless people sleeping on the beach?

when Vivian was asked why his ministry didnt help them, he said it wasnt fair of the homeless because by sleeping on the beach they were trying to blackmail him with their helplessness

utter bullshit. people deliberately want to be homeless to make you look bad and blackmail you into helping them?

thats the mindset

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not believe that his last statement is sincere. I imagine that he has never been poor. Whereas, one or more of us grew up with no or little pocket money to go to school, unable to afford the 5 cents or 10 cents busfare, hand me down clothes, etc.
I hope all if not almost all Singaporeans will remember his lack of sympathy and empathy for those on public assistance. For a Minister who is paid about $2 million a year, he should have said something like "Well, if the Ministry is unable to increase the $290.00 to $350.00 per month, I will personally contribute or donate $20 per month to each of the 3,000 citizens who needed Public Assistance ($60 x 3,000 = $60,000 per month or $720,000 per year, excluding the income tax benefits of donations).

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is simply no one in the current pap setup that fits the description of 朝廷奸臣走狗 more than him :mad:

he is really 奸过石坚 :oIo::oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not believe that his last statement is sincere. I imagine that he has never been poor. Whereas, one or more of us grew up with no or little pocket money to go to school, unable to afford the 5 cents or 10 cents busfare, hand me down clothes, etc.
I hope all if not almost all Singaporeans will remember his lack of sympathy and empathy for those on public assistance. For a Minister who is paid about $2 million a year, he should have said something like "Well, if the Ministry is unable to increase the $290.00 to $350.00 per month, I will personally contribute or donate $20 per month to each of the 3,000 citizens who needed Public Assistance ($60 x 3,000 = $60,000 per month or $720,000 per year, excluding the income tax benefits of donations).

They are so far remove from the real world that money have blinded them where they once came from, don't think thais 'half-ball' ever gone through the dirt we have been dragged through in life.

or else, he would not have even ask that kind of question in the first place, it echo an empty moral value inside.

He have to repent!!:biggrin:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
:
:
:
:
:
:

On behalf of the needy in Singapore who have benefited from the PAs, thank-you.

Please work with Lily Neo to help them further. What Lily Neo said in that debate with you made lots of sense.

You may reduce your guilt further by doing more, a lot more for those who are in need of PA.

The word in the communities is that your staff are very inefficient in the disbursements of the various schemes that help the needy. Please act on that and set KPIs for your staff such that those who sit on the applications will be punished during their mid-year & EOY appraisals.

Better-Late-than-Never.gif

Last edited:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
On behalf of the needy in Singapore who have benefited from the PAs, thank-you.

Please work with Lily Neo to help them further. What Lily Neo said in that debate with you made lots of sense.

You may reduce your guilt further by doing more, a lot more for those who are in need of PAs.

The word in the communities is that your staff are very inefficient in the disbursements of the various schemes that helps the needy. Please act on that and set KPIs for your staff such that those who sit on the application will be punished during the EOY mid-year & EOY appraisal.

Better-Late-than-Never.gif

CB pap dog,

what on behalf on the needy? who the fuck are u? :oIo::oIo::oIo:

there is no reason to forgive this half breed ah neh. same species as yellow_people. pui.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you give that needy Chinese public assistance, he takes the money and blows it on 4D instead. This must have certainly befuddled Vivian and the PAP.

Vivian should simply said so directly instead of phrasing his remarks as such.

-