• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in a bind in an unexpected quarter - Marine Parade

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently nobody including the public did not understand the Nicole Seah effect. Here is what the PAP senses are the main threats after internal polling and focus group sessions after the first set of rallys completed by various parties.

Aljunied continues to be shaky followed by Marine Parade. I am personally do not see Marine Parade even reaching 40% but the PAP team feels that it will be close and the issue apparently is Ms Tin. There is also some internal review on how she ended up as candidate.

PAP also feels that Hougang will remain with WP and interestingly their polls suggest that PP will remains with the Chiams. I am surprised as I expect PP to go.

Looks like Viv/PAP smear on VW and company has taken it toll. Something I was not aware until last night but the most influential church and other religious groups are within the BT / Holland area supplemented by older conservatives. Here is the bigger surprise - they don't think that SDP team in BT / Holland will go past 35%.The range is 29 to 35%. This is reminiscent of Chee's Jurong GRC where the expectation did not meet reality. I find that hard to comprehend as VW seems to connect well with the ground and his message seems singapore centric and appeals to those stepped on by the PAP.

I have left out Tampines as I have not been able to get any sounding from the usual traps. I could not even determine if a poll was done for Tampines. Tampines for some reason seem to be handled very differently. I understand that grassroots leaders have been changed over the last 6 mths.

West Coast is safe after self inflicted wounds by KJ. I don't think anyone is surprised. Except for Hougang and PP, all the SMCs are safe including Pioneer despite Steve Chia's presence.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what you saying it's gonna be 86 - 1? :eek:

Apparently nobody including the public did not understand the Nicole Seah effect. Here is what the PAP senses are the main threats after internal polling and focus group sessions after the first set of rallys completed by various parties.

Aljunied continues to be shaky followed by Marine Parade. I am personally do not see Marine Parade even reaching 40% but the PAP team feels that it will be close and the issue apparently is Ms Tin. There is also some internal review on how she ended up as candidate.

PAP also feels that Hougang will remain with WP and interestingly their polls suggest that PP will remains with the Chiams. I am surprised as I expect PP to go.

Looks like Viv/PAP smear on VW and company has taken it toll. Something I was not aware until last night but the most influential church and other religious groups are within the BT / Holland area supplemented by older conservatives. Here is the bigger surprise - they don't think that SDP team in BT / Holland will go past 35%.The range is 29 to 35%. This is reminiscent of Chee's Jurong GRC where the expectation did not meet reality. I find that hard to comprehend as VW seems to connect well with the ground and his message seems singapore centric and appeals to those stepped on by the PAP.

I have left out Tampines as I have not been able to get any sounding from the usual traps. I could not even determine if a poll was done for Tampines. Tampines for some reason seem to be handled very differently. I understand that grassroots leaders have been changed over the last 6 mths.

West Coast is safe after self inflicted wounds by KJ. I don't think anyone is surprised. Except for Hougang and PP, all the SMCs are safe including Pioneer despite Steve Chia's presence.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm so glad that GCT is taking a thrashing. I saw a lot of bloggers and online comments calling him stupid. Even my usually unflappable and apolitical wife called him stupid and disliked him so much. I hoep they lose MP. that'll teach him a good lesson in humility. Like VB, he made same mistake in ad hominem attacks on TJS. It was uncalled for. TJS gave him back a sound rebuttal. The pple are fed up

I am surprised by what the straw polls in Holland/BT VW's group. It'll be sad to see them lose to the cocky VB. I so much wanted to see his face rubbed into the m&d. I thot the pple were fedup with VB's smear.

What abt Bishan where Chiam is trying to anchor a GRC?

LTK is strong with Sylvia and Chen. Michelle is impressive.

I thot SDP was doign ok with TJS and AYG. They also have some chiomehs like Angela Oon.

Looking fwd to your feeds streaming in live regularly!

Nice intell, bro! Tks.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm so glad that GCT is taking a thrashing. I saw a lot of bloggers and online comments calling him stupid. Even my usually unflappable and apolitical wife called him stupid and disliked him so much. I hoep they lose MP. that'll teach him a good lesson in humility. Like VB, he made same mistake in ad hominem attacks on TJS. It was uncalled for. TJS gave him back a sound rebuttal. The pple are fed up

I am surprised by what the straw polls in Holland/BT VW's group. It'll be sad to see them lose to the cocky VB. I so much wanted to see his face rubbed into the m&d. I thot the pple were fedup with VB's smear.

What abt Bishan where Chiam is trying to anchor a GRC?

LTK is strong with Sylvia and Chen. Michelle is impressive.

I thot SDP was doign ok with TJS and AYG. They also have some chiomehs like Angela Oon.

Looking fwd to your feeds streaming in live regularly!

Nice intell, bro! Tks.

Angela oon is wp bro :smile:

SDP has two heavy weights TJS and AYG, that really is their good fortune.

Bishan TPY still seems like a PAP stronghold but CST should get a strong presence

Aljunied is a no brainer

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....if Scro is so chun, I chop.
my little bird also told me that it is a bridge too far for NSP in MP.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro abt Angela. It goes to show there are so many chiomehs it's HARD to keep UP!

Bishan TPY still seems like a PAP stronghold but CST should get a strong presence

Aljunied is a no brainer

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah. Acc to Scro, it's more like 75-12 so far.

They cannot win more than 55-58% of popular votes.

Bear in mind ScRROBAL is using PAPies own numbers.

If a PAPIE were to ask you, timid folks will always answer I will note for you. There are many timid people in singapore. So the polls are slanted.

No more than 55-58% popular votes. I will bet with anyone.

IT IS TIME SINGAPOREANS REGAIN THEIR SELF RESPECT.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
despite the internet support, the opposition is still going up against the entire CC, RC,grassroots, PA machinery of the PAP along with the state bias media that reinforces perceived and actual threats by the government. Now if TPL causes Marine Parade to fall or even do badly, it would likely deal a deathblow to GCT's further political ambitions.

Nicole Seah is attractive, media savy and comes with a well prepared view of issues she wishes to champion. However, i believe her popularity is tremendously augmented by the community's distaste for TPL. who comes across being a yes-man, with no agenda for the community except to further herself. Her invunerability due to the GCT tompang bus has caused the online community to attack GCT himself. No doubt, the poison chalice of TPL has worked very well for LHL purposes.

I would hesitate to say that SDP performance in Holland/Bukit Timah is due to the presence of VW. In fact, i think they are doing well but to overcome the stigma of CSJ, viewed as an extremist, is not easy. Despite TSJ and Ang, SDP really needs to spend more time cultivating the ground. They have a good infrastructure within and are good in generating internet interest. However, to convert this to votes, require a lot more ground work which SDP has yet to put into effect.

A clean sweep by the PAP is not unthinkable and in fact, the Aljunied GRC will be main factor deciding whether we have any real opposition in Parliament.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still trying to digest the info. It does not rewconcile with what I had perceived. They conceding PP was quite surprise and I am told that Singaporean voting trait is closely linked to inertia. Unless Chiam or Low had screwed in looking after their estates, they are unlikely to concede. Both are also considered close to the people unlike the PAP MPs who operate with their arrogant band of grassroots apple polishers and leeches.

I am however pleased with Marine Parade. I aware that GCT took great pains including appearing in every PAP kindergarten graduating class over 2 decades.

Looks like Ms Tin was a group think that went wrong.

My big surprise is SDP in BT/Holland. I too am impressed with Michelle and definately VW. I find it hard that they are likely to poll in such a low range. The PAP thinks that it is their smear job that did it but I am not too sure.

I am more intrigued by the black-out on Tampines.

I'm so glad that GCT is taking a thrashing. .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is some apprehension over AYG. Bishan is another that the establishment seems quite happy with. You got to bear in mind that WKS is very powerful and has complere control over PA after the PM. He will do everything in his power.

Aljunied is a no brainer

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I think your analysis is very realistic and without emotion. Reading it twice I am more inclined to support it.

despite the internet support, the opposition is still going up against the entire CC, RC,grassroots, PA machinery of the PAP along with the state bias media that reinforces perceived and actual threats by the government. Now if TPL causes Marine Parade to fall or even do badly, it would likely deal a deathblow to GCT's further political ambitions.

Nicole Seah is attractive, media savy and comes with a well prepared view of issues she wishes to champion. However, i believe her popularity is tremendously augmented by the community's distaste for TPL. who comes across being a yes-man, with no agenda for the community except to further herself. Her invunerability due to the GCT tompang bus has caused the online community to attack GCT himself. No doubt, the poison chalice of TPL has worked very well for LHL purposes.

I would hesitate to say that SDP performance in Holland/Bukit Timah is due to the presence of VW. In fact, i think they are doing well but to overcome the stigma of CSJ, viewed as an extremist, is not easy. Despite TSJ and Ang, SDP really needs to spend more time cultivating the ground. They have a good infrastructure within and are good in generating internet interest. However, to convert this to votes, require a lot more ground work which SDP has yet to put into effect.

A clean sweep by the PAP is not unthinkable and in fact, the Aljunied GRC will be main factor deciding whether we have any real opposition in Parliament.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you average the poor performing opposition and the fact that 86 seats are being contested, the chances are that their popular votes might actually increase.

The things to look for is to take the votes cast in the crucial seats and the PM's own GRC. He did badly in AMK in 2006 and holds the record as the worst performing PM. It will be interesting how he performs this time. Fortunately for him he is facing a weak and last minuted cobbled team from 2 parties and RP image has already been tarnished.

They cannot win more than 55-58% of popular votes.

>

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still trying to digest the info. It does not rewconcile with what I had perceived. They conceding PP was quite surprise and I am told that Singaporean voting trait is closely linked to inertia. Unless Chiam or Low had screwed in looking after their estates, they are unlikely to concede. Both are also considered close to the people unlike the PAP MPs who operate with their arrogant band of grassroots apple polishers and leeches.

I am however pleased with Marine Parade. I aware that GCT took great pains including appearing in every PAP kindergarten graduating class over 2 decades.

Looks like Ms Tin was a group think that went wrong.

My big surprise is SDP in BT/Holland. I too am impressed with Michelle and definately VW. I find it hard that they are likely to poll in such a low range. The PAP thinks that it is their smear job that did it but I am not too sure.

I am more intrigued by the black-out on Tampines.

throwing-up.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the life of Ms Tin. She was bred to be a dog. However, GE is for big dogs. She's just a chihuahua.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be surprised that would be the case. My understanding is that she was identified and sponsored by Chris de Souza. I am wondering why GCT chose her.

Can you imagine her antics and her profile has completely shut out her team mates. Notice PAP comment about giving her chance as she is young is suddenly absent. The age argument suddenly disappeared into thin air.

ah loon fixing ah tong ... :eek: