• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Students not following local uni dress codes. Too sexy? Not us

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best is to go naked and have mass orgies. That's the way education should go! No worries of not enough babies produced.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
CAMPUS SUPERSTAR!!
sgGirls.com_-_00263423.jpg
sgGirls.com_-_00241774.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

whoa... what are these 2 ladies doing exactly? a new dance move in town?

doing the jiggle? they would be better off in these costumes... :p:p:p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sx_lLJ9BlYQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sx_lLJ9BlYQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the ban on dyed hair completely is a bit ridiculous- because even some business students will dye their hair light brown.

A total ban on this and that can come across as patronising really.

Velly funny & typically Sporean that you have issues with dress code :biggrin:
Conformity is more impt than what you can learn :biggrin::biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Velly funny & typically Sporean that you have issues with dress code :biggrin:
Conformity is more impt than what you can learn :biggrin::biggrin:

I think when some organisations become a town scold, instead of a partner for education, it just doesn't help both sides really. I mean, these guys are old enough to know that when they graduate, the T-shirts are out of the window for those business students who are gonna work in the finance industry.

And plus, as I said, you can't really impose a stiff set of rules for art students; its not unusual to see arts students having dyed hair, having a stubborn preference to wear T-shirts or even more casual wear, and spotting ear rings and/or tattoos.

I mean, there's rules for NS guys in the army, and there's a different set of rules for people in the creative industry. Let's not use this sort of town scold attitudes to dictate what we really need essentially. Eventually people will know what to dress once they graduate anyway.

Law students will dress like most lawyers; business students will wear what businessmen has wore; artists will wear what their own people has wore. That's it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean, there's rules for NS guys in the army, and there's a different set of rules for people in the creative industry. ...

Did you know the Lees are have a factory making School uniforms in Batam? I suspect theres some other connection with the army uniforms also.

I notice that its usually the freshmen who dress up when they first enterr the U. They have some pre-conceived ideas as to how a Uni students should dress :biggrin:

After they're more seasoned they become more practical. When your a busy student don't have time to spend washing & ironing :rolleyes:

Remember how the business faculty required their students to dress up when they gave presentations. It was strange seeing some girls dressed up in a dress instead of jeans struggling in the snow :smile:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Law students will dress like most lawyers; business students will wear what businessmen has wore; artists will wear what their own people has wore. That's it.
========

you sound like a retard. Who say business students cannot wear funky to NUS ?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
========

you sound like a retard. Who say business students cannot wear funky to NUS ?

You jumped the gun here. If you had carefully went through my post, I did say that once all of them graduate and do what they learnt in uni, they will dress up accordingly.

In Uni, though, there's no need to dress unless there's a major presentation. In my opinion, as long as the attire is suitable and comfortable for the occasion, its alright. People will dress up nicely as their taste and circumstances change.