• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers' Party Rally #1

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP Rally – 28 April 2011 (Thursday) BLK 837 Hougang Central

28 April 2011 (Thursday)

Venue:

Field besides Block 837,

Hougang Central, Singapore 530837

Time: 7.30 PM

Attire: Light Blue Top

Supporters and all friends, please note the following advisory from our friends in Blue (Singapore Police Force).

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP Rally – 28 April 2011 (Thursday) BLK 837 Hougang Central

28 April 2011 (Thursday)

Venue:

Field besides Block 837,

Hougang Central, Singapore 530837

Supporters and all friends, please note the following advisory from our friends in Blue (Singapore Police Force).

That is tomorrow!!! I am going after dinner. OK googled and shows it is conveniently near Hougang MRT.

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GE: WP's election strategy a struggle but calculated risk: Low Thia Khiang
By Ken Teh | Posted: 27 April 2011 2323 hrs

Workers' Party Secretary-General Low Thia Khiang

Special Report
•Vote 2011

SINGAPORE : The Workers' Party (WP) said this election could end in the party losing all its elected seats in Parliament.

And its Secretary-General Low Thia Khiang said he won't take up a Non-Constituency MP position, if he loses in the GRC.

It was one of the most significant moves of the day – the WP chief himself, Mr Low, moving out of Hougang to lead the charge in Aljunied.

In the last election, WP Chairman Sylvia Lim led the Aljunied team to achieve nearly 44 per cent of the votes against the PAP team.

WP's team in Aljunied now comprises the party's Secretary-General Low Thia Khiang, Chairman Sylvia Lim, corporate lawyer Chen Show Mao, postgraduate law student Pritam Singh and freelance counsellor Muhamad Faisal Manap.

Mr Low said: "The stake is high, the risk is very high. The correct thing to do of course is to stay put in Hougang, hopefully my party chairman will lead a team and win a GRC or some others, but win a single seat.

"But I believe that is only wishful thinking, based on the way the PAP gerrymander at every election with the re-drawing of boundaries, especially to use the GRC as a tool. So we are here to break through a GRC and let them learn a lesson."

Mr Low admitted this could end up badly for his party and is a decision he has contemplated for many years.

He said: "This election is going to be a watershed election for Singapore as well as for the opposition. On 7th of May, we could end up with no elected opposition member in Parliament."

He did not want to say what he would do if his party loses the fight, except that he wouldn't take up a Non-Constituency MP seat.

He said it would be up to the party to decide who would take up an NCMP position - if the party is eligible.

Mr Low acknowledged his opponents' strength, the team led by Foreign Minister George Yeo.

Mr Low said: "I'll use one Chinese phrase to give you an answer - Aljunied is a tough fight because George Yeo has been working the ground, that is 'Ming Zhi Shan You Hu, Pian Xiang Hu Shan Xing'. That is the spirt of the Workers' Party. Translated it means we know there is a tiger in the mountain, but we are moving towards that. We are taking it head on; we are taking the challenge and we believe the voters will make the right choice."

The single ward of Hougang will be left to Yaw Shin Leong to contest. He has been active in the Town Council and grassroots work.

"I had been working the ground and walking, do house to house visits for about three years together with Shin Leong. By now, every household in Hougang should have a namecard by Shin Leong, so we have prepared ground in Hougang. We have prepared the ground in Aljunied and thereby the decision is implemented today," said Mr Low.

"This is a very heavy responsibility, very, very heavy, but I always make myself available for Workers' Party deployment. I'm quite familiar with the Hougang ground and I will do my best," said Mr Yaw, who is contesting in Hougang.

By placing its highest profile candidates in one constituency, Aljunied, including Mr Low himself, the Workers' Party runs the risk of losing its seat in Hougang as well as Aljunied.

But its leaders said its banking on its improved slate of candidates, as well as what Mr Low said 'a sweeter ground', to score a double win in these areas.

- CNA /ls

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by leaving his Hougang stronghold, putting himself, SL, CSM in 1 team, telling the electorate that Singapore might end up with no elected opposition mps on May 7th.

LTK is actually 破釜沉舟.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All eyes are now in Aljunied GRC. It will be a national attention. I believe the whole populations is praying hard for Worker Party to take over Aljunied, at least, among others. Ahh....that reminds me to go to the temple and pray for them....vegetarian for me.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by leaving his Hougang stronghold, putting himself, SL, CSM in 1 team, telling the electorate that Singapore might end up with no elected opposition mps on May 7th.

LTK is actually 破釜沉舟.

What is yours is yours, what is not yours you will not get it. Opposition parties are just offering their option to the people. We can only say that voters fate lies in their own hands.

The voters must ask themself whether they were happy with PAP policies over the last 5 years, as simple as that.

If they want Singapore for Singaporeans, vote for opposition. If they want Singapaore for foreigners than vote for PAP. They have to live with their decision ultimately.

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
most voters wanted to vote for opposition but not in their wards.

this time potong pasir and hougang residents will sit back and see how aljunied, tampines and kallang will fare in ge 2011.

if pap still wins, might as well convert singapore to a communist country where therre is only 1 party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear vote of Aljunied GRC, vote for the worker party and sent them into parliament, thank you!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Dear vote of Aljunied GRC, vote for the worker party and sent them into parliament, thank you!

Aljunied GRC residents, you need know and remember this :

LTK gave up the sure win at HG, to venture into the unknown. He is risking his political future for the greater good of the country. What an admirable man he is. You guys know what to do.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear all, remember to come and support the worker party, let us make history in singapore for the very
1st time. thank you and god bless you.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP Rally #2 – 29 April 2011 (Friday) Serangoon Stadium

29 April 2011 (Friday)
Aljunied GRC
Venue:
Serangoon Stadium
33 Yio Chu Kang Road
Singapore 545677

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP rally crowd

rallywp.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP Rally #4 – 1 May 2011 (Sunday) Yishun Stadium

1 May 2011 (Sunday)
Nee Soon GRC
Venue:
Yishun Stadium
103 Yishun Avenue 1
Singapore 769131

Time: 7.00 PM