• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Glenda Han is back! ...... ramseth where are u?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Channel NewsAsia, Updated: 25/04/2011
GE: Workers’ Party’s final batch of candidates

47D2328418B09861782868B9D166.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Workers’ Party has unveiled its final six candidates for the May 7 General Election, including party chairman Sylvia Lim and secretary general Low Thia Khiang.

The party’s star catch and much talked about candidate, Chen Show Mao, a 50—year—old corporate lawyer, was also unveiled on Monday.

The other candidates are entrepreneur Glenda Han Su May, 35; businessman Yee Jenn Jong, 46; and postgraduate law student Pritam Singh, 34, who is also a member of the executive committee of the party’s youth wing.

Ms Glenda Han had contested as part of the Workers’ Party team in Ang Mo Kio in 2006.

The Workers’ Party is fielding a total of 23 candidates for the election, making this the party’s largest slate of candidates since the 1988 General Election.

The party is not pulling its punches, hitting the ruling PAP on policies which it says Singaporeans are troubled about.

In its new party video released on Monday, the Workers’ Party says it will focus on creating affordable public housing and healthcare as well as distribute economic growth fairly across society.

"This is an election which I say is an important election, and it will be a watershed election, and I urge voters to think carefully before you cast your vote," said Mr Low.

The PAP has questioned Dr Chen’s ability to understand Singaporeans’ needs, after having spent most of his life abroad. But the Beijing—based lawyer said he is well—attuned to his fellow countrymen and his time abroad has deepened his sense of being Singaporean.

Producing a Ministry of Finance letter about the Grow and Share Package addressed to him, Dr Chen said: "Here is a letter from the Ministry of Finance, it’s (about) Grow and Share; it’s addressed to all Singaporeans. (The letter has) Chen Show Mao and my address in Singapore. So I am a Singaporean with a Singapore address. If the government needs to get in touch with me, it can do so easily, and I feel reassured."

Dr Chen added that he has constantly kept abreast of changes in Singapore through friends and relatives, and made frequent trips back to Singapore.

His children are all Singaporeans, although his wife is an American citizen.

Dr Chen said: "I think I’ll be a good MP, and don’t forget I’m not standing for election on my own. I’m standing to be elected as a Workers’ Party candidate, we have a team, we have a party to serve the residents of our constituencies. More importantly, this election is not about me only; it is about us, it is about our future, it’s about the direction in which we would like Singapore to go."

The Workers’ Party plans to take on the PAP in four Group Representation Constituencies (GRCs) and four single—seat wards.

WP chairman, Sylvia Lim, said: "It appears there will be more seats contested compared to the last time, so in that sense there appears to be some momentum definitely in terms of people feeling freer to offer themselves in the opposition camp as candidates to Singaporeans.

"But of course, eventually even though Singaporeans may be unhappy about certain issues and so on, how they will eventually cast their vote, it’s not easy to predict."

— CNA/ir

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who is Ramseth is he one of the opposition candidate? Long time MIA from the sam coffeeshop data missing for 2 week that. More than 1 month MIA. Drifter is back.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is Chen Show Mao blocking Glenda Han? :(

Look all you want
glendahan-20060702.jpg

Her speech in 2006
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HI9k5HGHb2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Channel NewsAsia, Updated: 25/04/2011
GE: Workers’ Party’s final batch of candidates

47D2328418B09861782868B9D166.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Workers’ Party has unveiled its final six candidates for the May 7 General Election, including party chairman Sylvia Lim and secretary general Low Thia Khiang.

The party’s star catch and much talked about candidate, Chen Show Mao, a 50—year—old corporate lawyer, was also unveiled on Monday.

The other candidates are entrepreneur Glenda Han Su May, 35; businessman Yee Jenn Jong, 46; and postgraduate law student Pritam Singh, 34, who is also a member of the executive committee of the party’s youth wing.

Ms Glenda Han had contested as part of the Workers’ Party team in Ang Mo Kio in 2006.

The Workers’ Party is fielding a total of 23 candidates for the election, making this the party’s largest slate of candidates since the 1988 General Election.

The party is not pulling its punches, hitting the ruling PAP on policies which it says Singaporeans are troubled about.

In its new party video released on Monday, the Workers’ Party says it will focus on creating affordable public housing and healthcare as well as distribute economic growth fairly across society.

"This is an election which I say is an important election, and it will be a watershed election, and I urge voters to think carefully before you cast your vote," said Mr Low.

The PAP has questioned Dr Chen’s ability to understand Singaporeans’ needs, after having spent most of his life abroad. But the Beijing—based lawyer said he is well—attuned to his fellow countrymen and his time abroad has deepened his sense of being Singaporean.

Producing a Ministry of Finance letter about the Grow and Share Package addressed to him, Dr Chen said: "Here is a letter from the Ministry of Finance, it’s (about) Grow and Share; it’s addressed to all Singaporeans. (The letter has) Chen Show Mao and my address in Singapore. So I am a Singaporean with a Singapore address. If the government needs to get in touch with me, it can do so easily, and I feel reassured."

Dr Chen added that he has constantly kept abreast of changes in Singapore through friends and relatives, and made frequent trips back to Singapore.

His children are all Singaporeans, although his wife is an American citizen.

Dr Chen said: "I think I’ll be a good MP, and don’t forget I’m not standing for election on my own. I’m standing to be elected as a Workers’ Party candidate, we have a team, we have a party to serve the residents of our constituencies. More importantly, this election is not about me only; it is about us, it is about our future, it’s about the direction in which we would like Singapore to go."

The Workers’ Party plans to take on the PAP in four Group Representation Constituencies (GRCs) and four single—seat wards.

WP chairman, Sylvia Lim, said: "It appears there will be more seats contested compared to the last time, so in that sense there appears to be some momentum definitely in terms of people feeling freer to offer themselves in the opposition camp as candidates to Singaporeans.

"But of course, eventually even though Singaporeans may be unhappy about certain issues and so on, how they will eventually cast their vote, it’s not easy to predict."

— CNA/ir

the 154th media censored the part Chen Show Mao said "here i am, imperfect as i am. i offer myself to you, so that you can have a choice. you have a say in your future." i think this statement itself is a lot more better than those pap white thrash, especially tin tin.