• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Chen Show Mao Affair?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The time to scrutinize him thoroughly would be when he becomes a Cabinet Ministar and has all the country's resources at his disposal.

CSM is laid-back to do TC work, MPS as a pensioner.. No political fiery blood.
What a disapointment! We know he is self sufficient. Not a tiny threat to PAP who is
ever waiting for him.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSM is laid-back to do TC work, MPS as a pensioner.. No political fiery blood.
What a disapointment! We know he is self sufficient. Not a tiny threat to PAP who is
ever waiting for him.

There is no need to single him out. TC and MPS work is part of a MP's work. The PAP gets the same work done with a bunch of sycophants that the WP MPs do not enjoy. The younger ones in WP are being picked for the parliamentary thrusts as they need to be groomed. CSM is a symbol that the WP can also get ministerial calibre people, but as what JW5 said, the WP is not the government and has no chance to perform.

As for most of the unelected opposition candidates, they do not receive an allowance therefore can pick and can relax most of the year whenever they want and pop one press release whenever they feel like it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is too quiet even for the topics that he is in charge of in parliament. I don't think that the comment grooming the younger ones would fly. In fact the rhetoric against the PAP from all WP needs to be scaled up much more as there so many issues in the last few years. The opportunity is there is show more as the PAP is faltering.

Ministerial calibre also means the ability to take on the Govt even when not in Govt. JJ impressed me as he is sharp and has taken on the PAP on so many issues. I am sure they find him hard to handle. He also makes an impact in social media.

With WP unable to form Govt for quite a long while and many GEs down the road, waiting for for him to become a minister might be bit of stretch. His initial impact is that he will influence others who have held senior professional positions in the corporate world to join the opposition. Which is a welcome step.

There is no need to single him out. TC and MPS work is part of a MP's work. The PAP gets the same work done with a bunch of sycophants that the WP MPs do not enjoy. The younger ones in WP are being picked for the parliamentary thrusts as they need to be groomed. CSM is a symbol that the WP can also get ministerial calibre people, but as what JW5 said, the WP is not the government and has no chance to perform.

As for most of the unelected opposition candidates, they do not receive an allowance therefore can pick and can relax most of the year whenever they want and pop one press release whenever they feel like it.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is too quiet even for the topics that he is in charge of in parliament. I don't think that the comment grooming the younger ones would fly. In fact the rhetoric against the PAP from all WP needs to be scaled up much more as there so many issues in the last few years. The opportunity is there is show more as the PAP is faltering.

Ministerial calibre also means the ability to take on the Govt even when not in Govt. JJ impressed me as he is sharp and has taken on the PAP on so many issues. I am sure they find him hard to handle. He also makes an impact in social media.

With WP unable to form Govt for quite a long while and many GEs down the road, waiting for for him to become a minister might be bit of stretch. His initial impact is that he will influence others who have held senior professional positions in the corporate world to join the opposition. Which is a welcome step.
hahaha...what a profound anal-ysis.....
1. CSM is too quiet (aka laid back and lazy???)
2. New flavour - JJ - non MP (only 1 impressive guy in WP)
3. WP unable to form Govt for a long time - meaning they are not going to win too many seats for a long time.
Previously scroobal has also accused LTK of being dishonest and a liar.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSM is too quiet even for the topics that he is in charge of in parliament. I don't think that the comment grooming the younger ones would fly.

JJ impressed me as he is sharp and has taken on the PAP on so many issues. I am sure they find him hard to handle. He also makes an impact in social media.

To me CSM compared to JJ is the follow ups on Facebook which I admit JJ is better. That's my opinion. On the issues, every MP is entitled to 3 questions and fully utilizes them based on official records.

With WP unable to form Govt for quite a long while and many GEs down the road, waiting for for him to become a minister might be bit of stretch.

Perhaps but a fact people have to accept is not all good ministers would make good MPs.

His initial impact is that he will influence others who have held senior professional positions in the corporate world to join the opposition. Which is a welcome step.

That is my point and I agree.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Acknowledge that good minister need not be good MPs. Gok Keng Swee was a known hopeless MP.

To me CSM compared to JJ is the follow ups on Facebook which I admit JJ is better. That's my opinion. On the issues, every MP is entitled to 3 questions and fully utilizes them based on official records

Perhaps but a fact people have to accept is not all good ministers would make good MPs.

That is my point and I agree.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...on 13/01/2011, u posted:
End of the PAP Ride?
Looks like the PAP is slowly but surely coming to an end of a long ride. A ride that dragged 2 generations by the nose.

Here are the 3 main factors that will screw them at the next elections where they continue to have a majority but results that would be unprecedented.

1) FT Policy - FT displacing Singaporeans across various age groups. By now every family would have an unemployed member, a relative or a friend. FT granted scholarships, grants, and special treatment. This is the single biggest issue and they have no clue what to do.

2) HDB pricing out the young.

3) No new economic growth area identified in 15 years.
today, 22/05/2014, u posted:
so what cocck are u talking about???
3 years ago you predicted the end of papee.....
now u changed tune and claimed that WP is unble to form Govt for a long while to come...

it is amazing the way you flip flop and yet think that you are a credible forumer....truly retarded.

jw5

Loyal
Oh No! CSM served NS because he wanted to keep his PR and get his Rhodes scholarship.

How terrible.

Trust Slimy Scroobal to start a thread just before polling day to try and sabotage his chances of being elected. :rolleyes:

WmJia

CSM is too cheem for me. Most of the time i don't know what he's talking in parliament. He's speaks so slowly, it's almost painful to watch and listen to him.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
P MPs have lost their voices:
August 9, 2014 at 5:53 pm (Quote)
WP is definitely going to lose a lot of votes in the next GE because they have not fulfilled their Election promise of speaking up for Singaporeans which affect their lives! When LTK was asked by LHL whether WKS should be sacked for MAS escape he kept quiet, the answer is simple and straight forward,why was he afraid of? With the exception of GG, the rest of the WP MPs have lost their voices! When hot issues like. CPF, foreigners influx, high cost of living, healthcare cost, housing prices, transportation woe, environmental issues like dengue and haze are everyday online talks and ordinary Singaporeans like Roy , Leong Tze Hian. Hui Hui,are speaking up . They continue to keep mum even though netizens have persistently reminded them of their promises to speak up . 2016 is round the corner please do not ask voters to vote you in so that you can be our voices because all of you have lost your voices!

PMPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal
P MPs have lost their voices:
August 9, 2014 at 5:53 pm (Quote)
WP is definitely going to lose a lot of votes in the next GE because they have not fulfilled their Election promise of speaking up for Singaporeans which affect their lives! When LTK was asked by LHL whether WKS should be sacked for MAS escape he kept quiet, the answer is simple and straight forward,why was he afraid of? With the exception of GG, the rest of the WP MPs have lost their voices! When hot issues like. CPF, foreigners influx, high cost of living, healthcare cost, housing prices, transportation woe, environmental issues like dengue and haze are everyday online talks and ordinary Singaporeans like Roy , Leong Tze Hian. Hui Hui,are speaking up . They continue to keep mum even though netizens have persistently reminded them of their promises to speak up . 2016 is round the corner please do not ask voters to vote you in so that you can be our voices because all of you have lost your voices!

Election is coming! That's why PAP's rich Swiss Bank account run out to hantam opposition! LOL

jw5

Loyal
If you don't understand him speaking English, you should consider listening to a translated version. :wink:

CSM is too cheem for me. Most of the time i don't know what he's talking in parliament. He's speaks so slowly, it's almost painful to watch and listen to him.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerald Liam:
August 24, 2014 at 11:59 am (Quote)
At first, we voted WP.
Our faith and trust in WP allowed them to do what they have been doing.
Since GE2011, we realise they have not done much significant achievements.
Instead, they even have own goals with the wet market and CNY pasar malam. Own goals?
I realised that our Trust in them allowed us to endure their lack of Action.
Then Roy came along and we started to wonder why a Blogger could have raised such a solid criticism and challenge to PAP on CPF and GIC.
Then we realised that WP also knows all these things. But they did not voice up in the same extent.
WP is clearly not the ideal Opposition because it cannot meet our expectations of a true Opposition party. It does not behave like one. Even LTK had to explain to LHL that they try to let the gov do their job . He said, Is that not enough? Sounds so apologetic. Like an Approved Opposition party. Like a Politically Correct Opposition party.
I still suspicious why a ex-police inspector like SL would join Opposition and got away with it.
And SL father was working for PAP G.

Workers Party is a fake opposition.
WP is PAP (B) team

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Good Show by TSJ:
September 6, 2014 at 6:57 pm (Quote)
I have observed the performances, personal charisma and attitude of every individual opposition MPs in the past few decades.
Sorry to say that I think ‘the opposition unity’ will not work.
Not because it cannot work, but more because of selfishness, jealously and personal shortcomings of several key Opposition members.
Many current opposition members are very fortunate to be sitting in Parliament earning $16,000 a month for a relatively calm and complacent part-time job.
They are the lucky ones whom were voted into office not due to their personal attributes or talents but because voters hated the PAP, and would simply vote any opposition Tom, Dick and Harry into Parliament.
The current Opposition MPs love the present status-quo, that is, they may not wish to accept the responsibility (or have the experience) of running government but are happy to continue collecting the $16,000 part-time allowance. In fact, this generous allowance has made many Tom, Dick and Harry opposition MPs comfortable millionaires.
Let’s be clear, I am not totally blaming the opposition MPs for their under-performance in Parliament and current dysfunctional circumstance, but more the cunningness of the PAP for continuously suppressing the opposition for many decades.
Tan See Jay so far seems genuine in wanting to challenge the PAP and offer an alternative government. Whether he can achieve his goal, depends a lot (for a start) on the outcome of his success meetings with other respective opposition parties.
Hope Tan See Jay’s new party can at least agree on some key issues and work amicably with the other parties towards achieving a more united opposition front.