• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE: WP's Chen Show Mao wants to help build strong opposition

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: GE: WP's Chen Show Mao

ALJUNIED GRC
No. of voters: 143,148 <table id="nonparties" width="450" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="5" class="results_text" valign="middle" align="left" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30">
c.gif
PEOPLE'S ACTION PARTY (PAP)
</td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> <td class="results_text" valign="middle" align="center" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="75" height="85">
george_yeo.jpg
</td> <td valign="top" width="16" height="85"> </td> <td valign="top" width="75" height="85">
lim_hwee_hua.jpg
</td> <td valign="top" width="16" height="85"> </td> <td valign="top" width="75" height="85">
zainul_abidin_rasheed.jpg
cynthia_phua.jpg
ong_ye_kung.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top">George Yeo</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top">Lim Hwee Hua</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top">Zainul Abidin Rasheed</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top">Cynthia Phua</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top">Ong Ye Kung</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table id="nonparties" width="450" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="7" class="results_text" valign="middle" align="left" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30">
c.gif
WORKERS' PARTY</td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> <td class="results_text" valign="middle" align="center" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" height="30"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="75" height="85">
low_thia_kiang.jpg
sylvia_lim.jpg
Chen-Show-Mao_WP.jpg
Faizal-Abdul-Manap_WP.jpg
pritam_singh.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top" width="75">Low Thia Khiang</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top" width="75">Sylvia Lim</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top" width="75">Chen Show Mao</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top" width="75">Muhd Faisal Abdul Manap</td> <td valign="top" width="16"> </td> <td class="candidates_names10" valign="top" width="75">Pritam Singh</td> </tr> </tbody></table> GE 2006 results: PAP (56.09%) beat WP (43.91%)

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal

thank you, mp chen show mao, you make history!

Last edited:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good evening my fellow Singaporeans. Thank you for coming, walking in the m&d, braving rain, thunder and the lightning bolt.
Some people say that during elections the opposition only talks about how bad things and have nothing good to say. Well, I have good news today for Singapore and the residents of Aljunied GRC.

ZAINAL
The other day Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said, if the Workers’ Party should be elected in Aljunied, Singapore will lose a beautiful picture of multiracial harmony. A beautiful picture with an Indian as President, a Chinese as Prime Minister and a Malay as Speaker of Parliament. This is because Encik Zainal Abidin who is contesting in Aljunied has been earmarked to become our next Speaker if he is elected into Parliament. I admire what Encik Zainal Abidin has done in his long career of public service, and I hope that he will continue to serve Singapore after this election.

The Workers’ Party brings good news to you and Minister Goh, and his beautiful picture. Let me tell you, Encik Zainal Abidin can STILL be the next Speaker of Parliament EVEN if he is not elected MP at this general election. This is because Article 40 of the Singapore Constitution says, “The Speaker may be elected … either from among the MPs … or from… persons who are NOT MPs.” In fact, did you know that Singapore’s very first Speaker, Sir George Oehlers, who served from 1955 to 1963, was not an elected MP? Therefore, my friends, vote the Workers’ Party. Encik Zainal Abidin can serve as Speaker and the Workers’ Party can serve the residents of Aljunied GRC. This is what I call a win-win solution from the Workers’ Party!

Now all of us have a beautiful picture of multicultural Singapore. Multiculturalism is close to our hearts. It is what makes Singapore the Singapore we love. The Workers’ Party Manifesto says that Multi-culturalism should be actively promoted and should form the corner stone of our social policies. It is what we will work towards in Parliament.

HOUGANG
My fellow citizens of Aljunied, I have another piece of good news for you. I know that some of you worry that if Workers’ Party is elected, the value of your property may go down. I can tell you that the story is not so simple. Based on HDB data for the resale of flats in Hougang HDB Town in the last 12 months, the average resale price per sq foot for Model A 4-room flats (which was the most commonly transacted type of 4-room flats) was higher in Hougang SMC than elsewhere in the same HDB Town. So, who knows, the value of your property may go up!

You should know that the Workers’ Party has a proven track record of managing Hougang Town Council, with all credit to the hard work of Mr Low Thia Khiang and dedicated Hougang town councilors. Please come to Hougang for a visit. And you will not only find a clean and well-run neighbourhood but also a vibrant and friendly community. A community that has what we call Hougang Pride! We try to foster a true Kampong spirit in Hougang. Residents are encouraged to take the initiative to organize social activities and community outreach.

The Workers’ Party Manifesto says that we believe in the development of a strong and vibrant community And that the best way to do this is to encourage individuals within the community to serve the neighbourhood to foster the organic growth of a natural community leadership. If we are elected in Aljunied, we will invest not just in hardware but also heartware so that people would want to live in Aljunied BECAUSE of the well-kept neighborhoods and vibrant community life. BECAUSE of Aljunied Pride!

CHANGE
Fellow citizens of Aljunied, I have more good news for you. Some of you worry about change. Minister George Yeo has told us that announced plans for the extension of the North East MRT Line and lift upgrading for housing estates would carry on, even if the PAP team loses. And if the Workers’ Party gets elected, we will work closely WITH the government to implement these plans! The Prime Minister has said that if the PAP loses a GRC, “Life…will…go…on”. The Minister Mentor has said that if the PAP loses Aljunied, it would NOT be the end of the world and they will fight to get Aljunied back. Similarly, the Workers’ Party will work hard to get re-elected. You will have TWO sets of public servants working hard for you in Aljunied in the next five years. So, my fellow citizens, there will be no need to regret or repent when you vote for the Workers’ Party. Instead, we will REVIVE and REJOICE! Vote the Workers’ Party. Towards a First World Parliament.

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh7yMFFEHyU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh7yMFFEHyU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you were in Bravo Coy. Your CO was MAJ Teo Chee Bin who took over from LTC Jimmy Yap. Your freakin' Bravo company caused the rest of us much heartache at Heng Chun camp when one of your looney cadet mates chose to go AWOL on a rest day and the whole of 4th SMC spent half the fucking night looking for that arsehole.

I'm going to spare everyone the story of how another looney from your coy claimed to have chartered a 747 to fly all his honorable guests to his overseas wedding.

That Major was the CO of OCS, and drove a Toyota Celica.
LTC Jimmy Yap interviewed me when I was in SISL. After he retired from the SAF, he has been in Vancouver for many years.
I do not recall the incident at Heng Chun Camp.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : He has been called the Workers' Party's 'secret weapon', but corporate lawyer Chen Show Mao said the true weapon would be the votes of Singaporeans during Polling Day.

He wants to help build a strong opposition to provide checks and balances on the government.

Mr Chen made a public appearance at a walkabout in the single ward of Joo Chiat on Sunday.

Moving from coffeeshops to cafes, the Workers' Party eagerly showed off its much-talked about candidate - Chen Show Mao - to residents in the suburban neighbourhood of Siglap.

Even though he has lived abroad for some 30 years, Mr Chen had little trouble connecting with the residents.

Based in China, the Taiwan-born lawyer plans to relocate to Singapore.

The 50-year-old took up citizenship in 1986 and has degrees from Harvard, Oxford and Stanford Universities.

Mr Chen said he disagreed with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's comments that Singapore should pool its best political talents into one team.

Mr Lee had likened this to how countries only fielded their best team to compete in the World Cup.

Mr Chen said: "The team that we are sending to the World Cup is the national team. It is the team that wears red and white, it is not the team that wears white and white. The government certainly has a big part to play on Team Singapore, but they are not all of Singapore.

"We feel that to have the best kind of policy, it is no good to put all of our talent, however limited they may be, into one team and have the rest just watch them warm up, because this team is not going to be able to play matches and improve."

Mr Chen said a team only improves and sharpens its skills if it plays against strong opposing teams.

When asked if the Workers' Party planned to unveil another 'secret weapon', Mr Chen said this is in the hands of Singaporeans.

He said: "The votes of Singaporeans will become the Workers' Party secret weapon...our greatest secret weapon."

The Workers' Party's secretary-general, Low Thia Khiang, also took issue with the role of the People's Association, saying he will disband it if the Workers' Party comes to power.

Mr Low said the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) uses the PA to do its outreach work to residents.

He said: "We will first of all remove the PA, because the PA is basically part of the PAP's grassroots mechanism. We would want to see a more level-playing field in political competition and I am sure as a party, you have to reach out to the ground rather than depend on a mechanism which is funded by the government in the name of grassroots."

The Workers' Party has been busy working the ground and meeting residents from constituencies like Nee Soon, Moulmein-Kallang, Hougang and now Joo Chiat. This is a strong indication that they plan to field over 20 candidates to contest these areas in the coming General Election.

Lets dig at OLD thread, after 4 years, and did at performances and promises/intentions.