• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singaporeans are moving across the causeway - Sunday Times.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and there is another way out through the golf round-about.

That's great. No more wrong turns and coming to dead ends.........:wink: The road signs got a head of the completed roads and had this problem when I first went exploring Gelang Patah/Nusajaya...... I wanted to see what is was like before taking the BIG plunge.......

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Nice one. :smile::smile:

Though living in Spore i have had my car scratched.. What an irony??

I have people peeing and shitting in the carpark lifts and ofcourse the car park staircase.

Oh yeah and we also have the bangla and the maids having their romps in the stairways...

My friend drives a older Toyota Camry and lives in a condo in JB, never have any problems. Of course, if you showboating and driving around JB in big BMW or Benz, than of course regardless whether u sinkie or malaysian, you will have a higher probably of robbery or carjacking. This is common sense. U never hear the Shit Times mention the hundreds of thousand of sinkies go to JB every year and eat and shop to their hearts contents with no problems. But the minite one got carjack or something, the Shit Times is all over it and assholes like Cooleo will swallow it whole like they swallow sperm.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend drives a older Toyota Camry and lives in a condo in JB, never have any problems. Of course, if you showboating and driving around JB in big NMW or Benz, than of course regardless whether u sinkie or malaysian, you will have a higher probably of robbery or carjacking. This is common sense. U never hear the Shit Times mention the hundreds of thousand of sinkies go to JB every year and eat and shop to their hearts contents with no problems. But the minite one got carjack or something, the Shit Times is all over it and assholes like Cooleo will swallow it whole like they swallow sperm.

What car u drive? Proton? Should be correct right? U buy JB house, sure must buy a cheap car to complement. haha... Might as well suck some JB dick, while getting fuck in the ass by Singapore PAP at same time. Must be your wet dream fantasy come true right? hehe....

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
please leave me out of this, i've disowned him.
btw how come you get to know so much?

Guess who just got owned?!

picture.php

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The majority of these cases were committed by illegal immigrants and overstayers from Indonesia as well as the many drug addicts in M'sia. Even locals fear them coz they are really desperados.

Actually we shouldn't push the majority of the blame to illegal immigrants and overstayers. It has been ever present for a very long time.

There are pros and cons in every country. People think about all the small nitty pros that they think overweighs the cons. But remember that cons are not small nitty cons. It's not having to drive 50km extra daily to commute to and fro, nor having to spend more on petrol because these kind is simply negligible.

If you ever seen for yourself how old elderly were robbed and pushed to ground and how pregnant women were kicked till miscarriage and rob them of their money with no strength to shout because they are in pain, would you ever want this type of incidents to happen to your family?

We are talking about lives at stake not money. The exposure to risk.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people who live in JB because they cannot afford to live in Singapore anymore. Do not begrudge them for doing this or holding the red passport because its the policies that have made Singapore unaffordable to them (many might want to migrate elsewhere but do not have the means). You said it yourself they do not take away jobs from the local malaysians. Even their government is encouraging Singaporeans to live there with Iskandar projects and the likes.

I have no questions on people who migrate to other countries seeking better living. But I do find it funny that those who berate the quality of living in Singapore are earning their money in Singapore. They talk about living a stressless life in Malaysia but still holding on to stressful jobs in Singapore.

No different from that Moe Alkaff who said he sent his kids to USA, got a big nice house there saying how less stressful life is in US but eventually he still need to shuttle to Singapore to make a living. I would applaud him if he can make a living in USA.

Eventually Singaporeans cannot take away the jobs of Malaysians because of the pay. You try asking them to earn ringgit and spend in ringgit with their current lifestyle and see whether they can take it and tell you its cheaper than Singapore.

When I was in Thailand, in Sukhumvit Soi 22 Bangkok, every other night near midnight, you will get to see this rubbish collector who comes to pick up rubbish. He is an ang moh not a thai. This job would probably pay him 10K baht at most. And I have seen him there for the past 6 years whenever I make overseas trips and see him around there picking rubbish in the night.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My friend drives a older Toyota Camry and lives in a condo in JB, never have any problems. Of course, if you showboating and driving around JB in big BMW or Benz, than of course regardless whether u sinkie or malaysian, you will have a higher probably of robbery or carjacking. This is common sense. U never hear the Shit Times mention the hundreds of thousand of sinkies go to JB every year and eat and shop to their hearts contents with no problems. But the minite one got carjack or something, the Shit Times is all over it and assholes like Cooleo will swallow it whole like they swallow sperm.

Very true, well life is like that, we are all too easily scared into submission and paralzyed by fear or over analysis unfortunately. Luckily i took the plunge and went in rather then sitting there, wondering in my aged years what could have been.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually we shouldn't push the majority of the blame to illegal immigrants and overstayers. It has been ever present for a very long time.

There are pros and cons in every country. People think about all the small nitty pros that they think overweighs the cons. But remember that cons are not small nitty cons. It's not having to drive 50km extra daily to commute to and fro, nor having to spend more on petrol because these kind is simply negligible.

If you ever seen for yourself how old elderly were robbed and pushed to ground and how pregnant women were kicked till miscarriage and rob them of their money with no strength to shout because they are in pain, would you ever want this type of incidents to happen to your family?

We are talking about lives at stake not money. The exposure to risk.

While PAPsmearer the village idiot has delighted us with his whimsy folklores of JB being a safe haven, true accounts are contrary to what this dickhead said. Crimes will only be reported in papers selectively. If every JB crime is reported everyday, they need to leave 3 whole pages! lol

dscn1600.JPG

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It's true that people can have better living in JB or Malaysia.
It's true that people can have a bigger plot of freehold land plus a big nice bungalow sitting on that piece of land.

I have a lot of relatives who are malaysians and stay in Malaysia, but until Malaysia cleans up its car-jacking and robbery acts, I for one will not propose to anyone moving to Malaysia mainly for this reason.

Robberies in Malaysia do not just happen to Singaporeans. These Malaysian robbers are inhumane. They rob the old and elderly, the pregnant, even young children below 10 years old. In broad daylight. 80 yr old elderly grandma they can also rob and push her to ground. Young children with only pocket money of 10ringgit, they also threaten to kill if don't hand money over. They do this even to their own people.

Even Thailand does not have as much robberies as Malaysia.

There are pros and cons in any country. So one should weigh what are they looking for when they uproot and move. Eventually everyone has to admit, a lot of migrants will rather move to countries with a low crime rate rather than a place which is cheap but with high crime rate.

What kind of cock shit are u talking about? Every other country in the world has a high crime rate went compared to singapore. U are using singapore as the standard, than like that for sure no place is safer than singapore. U want to compare high crime, don't use Malaysia to illustrate, use US, where every tom dick and harry petty criminal has a gun. Shopkeepers there getting regularly shot for the change in their tills. Yet, u ever hear anyone suggest that US is not a desirable place to move to as a country? If you offer 10 sinkies a green card, 9 will take it, even though some black or chicano can easily cap their ass if they wander into the wrong part of town. Since u have so many relatives that live in malaysia, than answer this one question. How many have been shot, stabbed, robbed at gunpoint or knife point, carjacked, kidnapped or murdered? I will be surprised if you can even answer even 1.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of cock shit are u talking about? Every other country in the world has a high crime rate went compared to singapore. U are using singapore as the standard, than like that for sure no place is safer than singapore. U want to compare high crime, don't use Malaysia to illustrate, use US, where every tom dick and harry petty criminal has a gun. Shopkeepers there getting regularly shot for the change in their tills. Yet, u ever hear anyone suggest that US is not a desirable place to move to as a country? If you offer 10 sinkies a green card, 9 will take it, even though some black or chicano can easily cap their ass if they wander into the wrong part of town. Since u have so many relatives that live in malaysia, than answer this one question. How many have been shot, stabbed, robbed at gunpoint or knife point, carjacked, kidnapped or murdered? I will be surprised if you can even answer even 1.

My cousin, a Malaysian who was 8 months pregnant was kicked till miscarriaged in a petrol station toilet in JB. 2 big robbers showed no mercy even when she cried for mercy surrendering her bag but they kicked her numerous times so she cannot chase after her.

This was a big case which showed in JB newspapers. So please shove all these cock shit into your own mouth.

My grandmother,70+, a Malaysian, was robbed twice at Taman Tun Aminah when she was on her way to market. Pushed to ground on both occasions by motorcyclist robbers.

My nephew, a Malaysian, 8 yrs old, was robbed for $5 because he went to go to nearby Mama stall to buy titbits. Ordered at knifepoint, searched for whole body only have $5, the robber ordered him to walk 50m ahead without turning back before they drove off in a proton.

Last edited:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold? I suggest you guys find out the state rules before thinking of moving there. The law on properties change frequently.

I heard from a sinkie friend whose parents owns more than 10 plots of land in JB are now facing problem. The state refuse to let the children inherit or gain ownership of the land as they are not bumiputra so if the parents die suddenly, all land will become state land. I was told that they can only sell to people, even if it is their own children and at a valuated price depending on size and location of the land.

In desperation, the parents sold off a plot of land which is said to be used for harvesting birdnest to a Malaysian.

Cheap to stay but all may be gone once you're dead and your children or spouse may get nothing or even homeless.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Sorry mate we either pump ron 97 or the premium variety. No one pumps the subsidized ron 95

2) Remember we are all sons and daughters of Foreign Trash that came here several years/decades ago.

3) You can stretch your $ too. Dun you go around ASEAN when you travel looking for a deal? Whats wrong in stretching ones dollar. Just cause you have to pay more for chicken rice should not allow you to get upset with those who pay lesser and possibly get fresher chicken?

A lot of people move to Malaysia mainly because of the strength of SGD and the lower cost of living compared to living in Singapore. They make use of the fact of earning their money in Singapore to spend in Malaysia, while still holding their red passport.

What irks me is these are the very people who are slamming foreigners for coming to Singapore to take jobs from Singaporeans and sending money back home. Aren't these people pointing 1 finger at the foreigners and pointing 3 fingers back at themselves?

Pumping subsidised petrol which are meant only for Malaysians and these are the Singaporeans boasting all about it. If I am a Malaysian, I would be pissed at these foreigners as well, buying subsidised items meant only for Malaysians. The only good will be these foreigners are not taking away jobs meant for them Malaysians.

All these talk about nationalism are just acts of hypocrisy. Because talk 1 standard, practise another standard.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/01/04/city-of-criminals-johor-bahru/

Lee Kuan Yew, ever Malaya’s biggest fan, described Johor as “notorious for shootings, muggings and carjackings,” as readable in Asiaweek. He got blasted for that statement of course, and quickly apologized.

But actually living in said Johor, I unfortunately have to agree with the accusation. I guess it’s okay for us to complain about our own society, but when outsiders do it, it’s libel. Following are some of my closer-to-self tales…

A co-worker had her car stolen from the Giant parking lot, in midday. An acquiantance of my current landlady was robbed at knifepoint as he was opening his front gate. My previous landlady’s house had been broken into twice (thankfully while she was not home), one time after the robber lethally poisoned her dog.

I even actually KNOW someone who got raped, not long after moving to Johor Bahru. It’s different, much more a real threat, when the victim isn’t an acquaintance of a friends’ relative’s rumour.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cousin, a Malaysian who was 8 months pregnant was kicked till miscarriaged in a petrol station toilet in JB. 2 big robbers showed no mercy even when she cried for mercy surrendering her bag but they kicked her numerous times so she cannot chase after her.

This was a big case which showed in JB newspapers. So please shove all these cock shit into your own mouth.

When those retards ignore what u said, and move to JB, then they will know. I sure hope they dun come crying here when their daughters or wives get raped.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB gets Bukit Aman attention

JOHOR BARU: Bukit Aman is placing a lot of emphasis on Johor and particularly this city, which accounts for about 70% of the crimes recorded in the state, said Deputy Internal Security Minister Fu Ah Kiow.

The Johor police, he said, faced a shortage of manpower and facilities.

“They are trying their best to bring the crime rate down, but are held back by these problems.

“The average ratio of a policeman to residents in the country is 1:411 but in Johor, it is 1:568.

The number does not include the floating population or people who move in and out of the state.

“If we take these into account, the ratio could be as high as 1:800,” he told reporters after visiting the state police headquarters here yesterday.

“As such, the police are deploying personnel from low crime rate areas to those with a high rate to counter staff shortage.”

Fu said the police had received approval for recruiting another 24,000 personnel into the force nationwide but so far, only 10,000 were recruited due to limited training capacity.

He said Johor had received an additional 170 patrol vehicles.

“We cannot keep adding vehicles if there is no one to man them,” he said, when asked how many more patrol cars would be made available to the police here.

He added that two new police district headquarters would also be built to replace the current ones.

On another matter, Fu said many people who claimed that the police did not act on their reports could have misunderstood matters.

“After lodging police reports, it is hard for the people to get feedback on the action taken by the police. They think the police are not doing anything about it,” he said.

Fu said some of the cases reported were civil cases, and did not fall under the purview of the police.

“In future, people who lodge such reports will be advised to file civil suits,” he said.

1:800! Only 1 policeman for every 800 residents. And u retards wonder why crime rate so high? :rolleyes:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold? I suggest you guys find out the state rules before thinking of moving there. The law on properties change frequently.

I heard from a sinkie friend whose parents owns more than 10 plots of land in JB are now facing problem. The state refuse to let the children inherit or gain ownership of the land as they are not bumiputra so if the parents die suddenly, all land will become state land. I was told that they can only sell to people, even if it is their own children and at a valuated price depending on size and location of the land.

In desperation, the parents sold off a plot of land which is said to be used for harvesting birdnest to a Malaysian.

Cheap to stay but all may be gone once you're dead and your children or spouse may get nothing or even homeless.

Under Najib is better, but after Najib, I don't know.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is hard to make a living in places where the poodles there are also in the same business.

My friend went home one day and found a housebreaker in the house. He managed to subdue the fellow and called the police. The housebreaker turns out to be a senior poodle.

My grandmother,70+, a Malaysian, was robbed twice at Taman Tun Aminah when she was on her way to market. Pushed to ground on both occasions by motorcyclist robbers.

My nephew, a Malaysian, 8 yrs old, was robbed for $5 because he went to go to nearby Mama stall to buy titbits. Ordered at knifepoint, searched for whole body only have $5, the robber ordered him to walk 50m ahead without turning back before they drove off in a proton.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is hard to make a living in places where the poodles there are also in the same business.

My friend went home one day and found a housebreaker in the house. He managed to subdue the fellow and called the police. The housebreaker turns out to be a senior poodle.

Seriously, JB is notorious for these incidents. Regardless you are foreigner or local, desperate people do desperate things. But their legislative parliament do not legislate harsh laws on armed robberies, kidnaps, murders, that is why people know that even if they are caught while committing these crimes, they would get away lightly. Coupled with the fact that their police force is seriously understrength.

Why? Because Police are not interested in catching crooks. They are only interested in catching people who commit driving offences so that they can receive bribery in return for waiver of traffic summons.