• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Secret Weapon : Chen Show Mao

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
“There will be more significant things to come,” Mr Low told reporters at the impromptu media conference at Moulmein-Kallang where his party was conducting its public outreach to residents of the area. He was responding to a question about the WP’s potential star candidate, Mr Chen Show Mao, whom his party is expected to field in the elections. “I will not elaborate. In my first walkabout I told Singaporeans to watch out this election,” Mr Low says.

Mr Chen, 50, is the most keenly watched candidate among the opposition. A graduate of three Ivy League universities – Harvard, Stanford and Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar – his credentials and extensive experience in international securities offerings and M&A transactions is rare among politicians here. Mr Chen, who is fluently bilingual, is a partner with international law firm, Davis Polk and Wardwell and is based in Beijing. He also sits on the Advisory Board of the Singapore Management University (SMU). According to the SMU website:

He advised China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC) on its proposed $19 billion acquisition of Unocal, which is the largest-ever attempted takeover by a Chinese company. He completed the global initial public offerings of Air China, China Construction Bank, Sinopec, China Unicom, Chalco, Baidu.com and others, as well as offerings of sovereign debt by the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China.

When pressed repeatedly by reporters to reveal more about Mr Chen and the WP’s slate of candidates, Mr Low would only say, “I think, whatever it is, I think on Nomination Day more will be known to the public.”

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
chenshowmao.jpg

Mr Chen graduated in 1986 from Harvard College and in 1988 from Corpus Christi College, Oxford University, where he was a Rhodes Scholar. In 1992 he received his J.D. from Stanford Law School and in 2005 received his M.A. from Corpus Christi College, Oxford University.

Mr Chen has extensive experience in international securities offerings and M&A transactions. He advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) on its recent $21 billion initial public offering, which is the largest IPO ever.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should be qualified to run for elected president.

A good candidate to compete with PAP in elected presidency.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would surely be a big waste! EP can do nothing much else if the PAP still retains the majority to be the ruling Party. Even the boundaries within which he can scrutinise are prescribed and hemmed in by the PAP executive. He is better off in the Opp bench.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“There will be more significant things to come,” Mr Low told reporters at the impromptu media conference at Moulmein-Kallang where his party was conducting its public outreach to residents of the area. He was responding to a question about the WP’s potential star candidate, Mr Chen Show Mao, whom his party is expected to field in the elections. “I will not elaborate. In my first walkabout I told Singaporeans to watch out this election,” Mr Low says.

Mr Chen, 50, is the most keenly watched candidate among the opposition. A graduate of three Ivy League universities – Harvard, Stanford and Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar – his credentials and extensive experience in international securities offerings and M&A transactions is rare among politicians here. Mr Chen, who is fluently bilingual, is a partner with international law firm, Davis Polk and Wardwell and is based in Beijing. He also sits on the Advisory Board of the Singapore Management University (SMU). According to the SMU website:

He advised China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC) on its proposed $19 billion acquisition of Unocal, which is the largest-ever attempted takeover by a Chinese company. He completed the global initial public offerings of Air China, China Construction Bank, Sinopec, China Unicom, Chalco, Baidu.com and others, as well as offerings of sovereign debt by the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China.

When pressed repeatedly by reporters to reveal more about Mr Chen and the WP’s slate of candidates, Mr Low would only say, “I think, whatever it is, I think on Nomination Day more will be known to the public.”
Standford and Oxford are not Ivy League

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

now that the cat is out of the bag, he will be closely scrutinize and background thoroughly check to see if he has skeleton in the closet.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe WP should field him as Presidenctial candidate if he doesn't win an election. At least he can check if the money is still there

jw5

Loyal
There are 8 of them in Ivy league.....Standford usually known as Ivy plus with MIT

Thanks bro.
From wiki:
The Ivy League is an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States. The conference name is also commonly used to refer to those eight schools as a group.[2] The eight institutions are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University. The term Ivy League also has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would surely be a big waste! EP can do nothing much else if the PAP still retains the majority to be the ruling Party. Even the boundaries within which he can scrutinise are prescribed and hemmed in by the PAP executive. He is better off in the Opp bench.

At least can piss them off. :biggrin:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he is a secret weapon, can someone highlight his strength ? What is he good in ?
A M16 rifle or Missile ?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
now that the cat is out of the bag, he will be closely scrutinize and background thoroughly check to see if he has skeleton in the closet.

I was just thinking about this. You can bet they are compiling a dossier on CSM. Their tantacles are spread all over the globe, to try to dig up any shit about him. So for CSM's sake and for our sake, I hope he's been an angel all his 50 years.