• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP using more women to get LAO TIKO votes

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's youngest face in polls?
Ms Tin says that if asked to run, she would definitely consider doing so.
P8c.jpg

--ST FILE PHOTO

THE People's Action Party (PAP) may field one of its youngest candidates ever in the coming polls, party sources said.

The potential candidate is 27-year-old business consultant Tin Pei Ling, who will be the youngest woman candidate in recent history, and the youngest since former Speaker Tan Soo Khoon was fielded in 1976, also at age 27.

Ms Tin sits on the executive committee of Young PAP, the party's youth wing, and has been a grassroots leader in the Ulu Pandan ward in Holland-Bukit Timah GRC since the age of 21.

She is married to civil servant Ng How Yue, who is principal private secretary to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

When contacted, Ms Tin declined to comment on her possible candidacy. 'It would be quite presumptuous to think that I will definitely be a candidate,' she said.

'But if asked, I would definitely consider it. And if I make the decision to stand, I would give it my best shot.'

Prominent among Young PAP activists, Ms Tin graduated with a psychology degree from the National University of Singapore and joined professional services company Ernst and Young as a business consultant.

She says her passion lies in helping young people have the resources and opportunities to fulfil their potential.

'For any young person to stand as a candidate, a part of it would be with the hope of bridging the generations,' she said.

At Ulu Pandan, she is working under one of the youngest MPs, 35-year-old Christopher de Souza.

He was 30 years old when he was fielded in 2006.

In the current Parliament, Home Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam was the youngest-ever MP; he was 28 when he was fielded in 1988.

The youngest PAP woman candidate in recent history is Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Penny Low, who was 34 when she was fielded in 2001.

Party leaders have indicated that this year's crop of new candidates will be the youngest in two decades.

On Monday, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said when introducing the first group of new candidates that half of the more than 20 new candidates will be in their 20s and 30s.

Besides Ms Tin, the only other possible new candidate in his 20s is unionist Alex Yam, 29.

RACHEL CHANG

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB PAPee dogs have always been known to have bad taste in women. Heck, just look at Ass Loong. Most powerful man in Sinkapore, and yet got a wife who looks more manly than me.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie men traditionally are tikos and like to act heros. When sinkie men hire female employee they normally a salary much higher than market rates :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Fart is lining up some chio bu for his funneral or else no overseas TV stations will want screen his funeral.

CCB PAPee dogs have always been known to have bad taste in women. Heck, just look at Ass Loong. Most powerful man in Sinkapore, and yet got a wife who looks more manly than me.