• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Demolish Oxley Road when I die! - dying LKY told Shit Times

mentor_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.google.com/

MM's house: 'When I'm dead, demolish it'
Straits Times - Elgin Toh - ‎4 hours ago‎
IN ITS basement, some of the most important discussions on the future of Singapore were held in the 1950s. Now, the question is: Will the house at 38, Oxley Road survive its famous owner, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_626693.html
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 21, 2011
Should MM Lee Kuan Yew's house be conserved? Take our poll.
By Elgin Toh
'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' will be available at leading bookstores for $39.90 (including GST) from Jan 21, 2011. Copies may also be ordered from [email protected] or from 6319-8347 (May) and 6319-8341 (Jasmine). The book can also be purchased online from the Straits Times Press Online Bookstore: www.stpressbooks.com.sg from Jan 22.
-- ST FILE PHOTO

IN ITS basement, some of the most important discussions on the future of Singapore were held in the 1950s. But if Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew has his way, the house at 38 Oxley Road will not survive his passing.

'I've told the Cabinet, when I'm dead, demolish it,' said MM Lee in an interview for the book Hard Truths, which will be launched on Friday, 21 Jan.

Mr Lee told journalists from The Straits Times it would cost too much to conserve and maintain the house. Already, there are cracks on the wall, although the pillars are sound. 'I don't think my daughter or my wife or I, who lived in it, or my sons who grew up in it, will bemoan its loss. They have old photos to remind them of the past,' said MM Lee.

So far, opinions are divided. Mr Tan Szue Hann, architecture editor of Singapore Architect magazine, said the house should be conserved as 'it hosted meetings that shaped the Singapore that the world has come to recognise and admire.'

But Mr Ho Weng Hin, partner of architectural conservation consultancy Studio Lapis, said the owner's preference is important. 'Some owners may not want their private space intruded upon,' he said.

Mr Ong Keng Yong, director of the Institute of Policy Studies, noted: 'The only way to find out (whether the public attaches significance to the house) is to ask the people of Singapore, possibly through a poll. If they think it should be conserved, the government of the day should bear the cost of maintaining it.'

What do you think?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all i know is people living there are waiting...

including the very old condo at the start of Oxley road...ripe for en-bloc.

Far East or CDL has bought a piece of land beside AA .... leaving it for showflat...also waiting i guess...

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not too sure whether MM LKY was telling his true feeling or as usual,he might be testing water.

For me,I would not mind his house to be preserved,since he has been leader of Singapore since 1959,a very long time,he did contribute.

It is heritage,but I truly hope that MM LKY stopped testing water with people feeling,you cry wolf too many times,in the end,you kena troubles for sure.

If he feels strongly that the house should be knocked down,so be IT!

think_lees

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bastard just need to take care of one simple thing that is to go and die.

We Singaporeans will take care of EVERYTHING ELSE!
:oIo::oIo::mad:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i suggest we turn it into a public toilet, better still, fire an image of his face onto the urinals.

I like your suggestion.
May i suggest to save the urinals cost.
Instead, a signboard should be placed.

"PEE AS AND WHERE YOU SUKA"

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. honest, if the structure is sheep's own property, who cares, right?
2. if it is state material, then something else.
3. why is there such a big fuss?
4. there are more important things to do than such a crappy stuff.
5. poll for what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read his lips! How to demolish the iconic house of a great iconic leader simply because LKY wishes it! His hordes of supporters wouldn't allow it to be demolished. All of them will be rushing over each other to preserve it as a national or cultural heritage house. His loyal supporters would never allow it to be demolished. He can't make noise when he is gone, can he? Not that he would mind!:biggrin::biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
at long last....GOD has spoken....but wait and see....we never know what is behind all these hard truths and revelations....

we have to wait and see....will the old give way to the new ? or is it better for everyone? there seems to be some ground shaking and earth rumblings....the ground is rather unpredictable despite so many "goodies" being presented to the people...

i really don't know what will happen after MM Lee steps down.....the house that he has helped to build...the singapore he has helped to build....the people he has helped to grow and nurture....the country....everything....i suppose nothing remain forever....change is the nature of all things under heaven.....so what is our future we really don't know...

i wish for the best for everyone.....for all singaporeans...esp those suffering singaporeans...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.google.com/

MM's house: 'When I'm dead, demolish it'
Straits Times - Elgin Toh - ‎4 hours ago‎
IN ITS basement, some of the most important discussions on the future of Singapore were held in the 1950s. Now, the question is: Will the house at 38, Oxley Road survive its famous owner, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew?

Better to erase a gangster home or else passersby will spit on it.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bastard old man only allow to demolish his home after he is dead.

But he forgot his meanhearted actions in the past demolishing peasants homes without any compassion.

If he got balls he should demolish it NOW!!!!

Demonstrate to us and make you feel how you chased those people out of their homes!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His residence remains a stumbling block to redevelopment of that area. Fair?
His security is always priority. If so, why didn't he move out so as to facilitate redevelopment of Oxley?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you think LKY has buried some treasure in his backyard like the legendary Marcos gold:confused: :biggrin:

I honestly don't think so. MM is a man of integrity and reputation.He will not think of doing such a thing.He builds Singapore and he will take good care of this tiny little baby.

When he leaves the stage, Singaporeans will feel the emptiness. Don't you?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
His security is always priority. If so, why didn't he move out so as to facilitate redevelopment of Oxley?

Drove past his house once, the Gurkhas stare at you, your car plate. I think if drive past few more times, they sure send my car plate to intelligence check all my background whether I am terrorist. and then opposite his house got 1 house doing A&A. Lucky neighbour, One thing you stay in this neighbourhood is you have free security. :p

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will preserve it and make it like the Sentosa Wax Museum.

As part of primary school syllabus, schools will conduct excursions bringing buses of kids to visit the early home of Singapore's founding father.

The traffic will get so bad that Oxley area property price will suffer.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. As long as his house is there, everybody's house who could look into his has to have his windows shuttered up. All the high rise apartments there are blocked up on his side. The bstd is so frightened of being assassinated.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well there you have it, a glimpse into his twisted head.

He will enjoy it till the day he die, then demolish it, leaving nothing, that's the kind of person he is.

Don't listen to his bull shit about helping to raise property price in that area, it's just a load of crap to justify his twisted ways.

I agree to what you say, Got balls, Sell it away and give to the poor, then to stay in a 3 room HDB, You do that, I consider voting for PAP.

Bastard old man only allow to demolish his home after he is dead.

But he forgot his meanhearted actions in the past demolishing peasants homes without any compassion.

If he got balls he should demolish it NOW!!!!

Demonstrate to us and make you feel how you chased those people out of their homes!