• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian rather live in Singapore as PR than citizen in Malaysia

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian rather live in Singapore as
PR than citizen in Malaysia

January 5th, 2011 | Author: Contributions

A Malaysian Chinese working in Singapore echoed the thoughts of many of his compatriots
when he said that he would rather live in Singapore as a PR than a citizen back home in Malaysia.
The Taipei Times interviewed a Malaysian computer engineer Wan Jon Yew who left Malaysia in
2005 for a job in Singapore in an article titled ‘Malaysia struggling to reverse brain drain’ on the
exodus of Malaysians, especially its ethnic Chinese to find work in other countries.

Like many Malaysian Chinese working in Singapore, Wan who now lives in a HDB flat in
Singapore has no plans to return to Malaysia.
“I wouldn’t consider going back to Malaysia, I won’t look back. If I were ever going to
leave Singapore, I would migrate to Australia,” said the 28-year-old, who now has
permanent resident status.
He added that he would rather be a ’second class’ citizen in Singapore than a citizen
in Malaysia which is wrong because Singapore PRs are treated like ‘first class’ citizens,
better than native Singaporeans by the pro-foreigner PAP government which explains
why so many foreigners like Wan himself are flocking to Singapore to take advantage
of the system here.
Though Wan admitted he could have a higher standard of living in Malaysia, he is not
keen to stay there due to the racist policies of the Malaysian government which favors
the ethnic Malays or Bumiputera over the ethnic minorities.

“It’s not about the money. I could have a better quality of life in Malaysia with my pay.
I could have a semi-detached bungalow and have a maid there, but I would rather live
in a government flat in Singapore,” he said.

It is not known if Wan will become a Singapore citizen in the future or he will leave
Singapore for Australia like many foreigners who left Singapore for ‘greener pastures’
elsewhere after making their fortunes in Singapore and selling off their resale HDB flats
for a massive profit, thanks to the ‘generosity’ of the PAP government.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah the title says it all.....

fucking malaysians talk so much but won't give up MY passport. want to live in sg, enjoy the benefits, reap the fruits, suck the marrow etc etc but
hell no to ns. once they made enough they say bye bye, go back and live like kings....

its not just about the money. it's ALL about the money.

:oIo:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this quote.

He added that he would rather be a ’second class’ citizen in Singapore than a citizen
in Malaysia which is wrong because Singapore PRs are treated like ‘first class’ citizens,
better than native Singaporeans by the pro-foreigner PAP government which explains ......

I think he meant Malaysian chinese are treated like second class citizens in their own country rather then 1st class in Singapore. That is why they would rather be PR in Singapore. It is also true that most would not be citizen as they would eventually go back to Malaysia to retire, or move on to other countries like Australia. No one sane would stay in Singapore unless you are one of the MIWs.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also know many Sinkie Malay who rather live in Malaysia after they retire and never come back.

What's new?

JayBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian rather live in Singapore as
PR than citizen in Malaysia

January 5th, 2011 | Author: Contributions

I could have a semi-detached bungalow and have a maid there, but I would rather live in a government flat in Singapore,” he said.

For someone who does not know the difference between a semi-detached and a bungalow, ought to live in a government flat perpetually.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Sinkapore is better choice... Mudland allows VVIPs to commit murder and close case with open verdict...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am them, I would also rather be a PR in Singapore. Pay taxes only what, no need to do NS. WTF

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For some PRs here, Singapore is only a bridge - from where they came from and to their final destination. They need to buy HDB flats, stay in it, work a few years, make profit from flat and then to their choiced destination. There is no other country that provides these PRs the $$$ boost. Only Singapore, at the expense of her own citizens.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
For some PRs here, Singapore is only a bridge - from where they came from and to their final destination. They need to buy HDB flats, stay in it, work a few years, make profit from flat and then to their choiced destination. There is no other country that provides these PRs the $$$ boost. Only Singapore, at the expense of her own citizens.

You hear them right. Rather be a PR. Not a Singapore citizens. They will talk very loudly to influence government policy to the extent that is will be tweak towards their advantage. Then they can take all their gains and leave. How about us locals?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is true for other PRs. But most Malaysian Chinese really settle down in Singapore.

:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is true for other PRs. But most Malaysian Chinese really settle down in Singapore.

They settle as PR then make a big chunk from their HDBs and salaries as well as partimes. Sell everthing when they finished paying their Malaysia house loans and car loans, go back and live like kings and queens.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i was a young boy, i thought MY was such a shit country run by pigs. All those pro bumi policies just made me boil. I told myself SG was a much better, modern country practicing meritocracy and run by my same race. So i came to continue my schooling in Singapore and have lived here more than half my life.

I then thought if i could migrate to Oz that would be even better, and a step higher in life.

The guy interviewed sounded like me when i was 15. Superficial in knowledge and little real world exposure.

Being older and wiser now, i still think SG is a good country to live in. But costs have run too high, and wage level are lagging behind asset inflation. The country is run by rather unkind people, and the culture pervades all the way down to shop assistants in retail outlets. It isn't the most cosy place to live in anymore. I felt a lot better when i was in Switzerland or Japan.

And then i realised the pro bumi policies in MY isn't that bad afterall. Because everytime the MY govt formulate some policies, they have to make sure it is acceptable to the Malays. Why do you think in Malaysia everyone enjoys subsidised petrol and free medical? There are those who said the free medical might kill you, but through my personal experience i can tell you for sure the hospitals are manned by qualified surgeons. The plentiful supply of local nurses are much more attentive then the PRC nurses who gossipped loudly in the SG hospitals. And when they realised housing prices are spiraling upwards, they set a policy so that the local and foreigners housing market become 2 distinctive segment. I think this is the right thing to do, take care of your local people.

Yes, i look at my siblings who moved to Australia, it is nice and clean, everyone tend to their own gardens, greet each other politely, plenty of nice Chinese food... but i will not move there. I don't want the govt to take away half my pay in taxes.

Having lived half my life, i conclude quality of life is the most important thing. And yes, i am not uprooting from Singapore because among other choices in career, my best option is still here.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They settle as PR then make a big chunk from their HDBs and salaries as well as partimes. Sell everthing when they finished paying their Malaysia house loans and car loans, go back and live like kings and queens.

On paper that is true. In real life, is not!!

Many of them come here to work and to start a family. After living here for many years, it is not easy for them to just move back to Malaysia. Their families are here, friends are here and they already used to the Singapore lifestyle.

Also, their children grew up and educated in Singapore. On paper they are Malaysians, but in actual fact they are as Singaporean as you and me!! So their children wouldn't want to go "home" cos Singapore is their home. So if their children are here, you think the 2 old ones will be able to leave so easily?

A lot of my Malaysian friends told me the above. They are all settled down here!!

Put yourself in their shoes, you think is so easy to suka suka and move back after living here say for 20 to 30 years?

:confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ANyone can move to another country to stay, only those from PAP will advise you and bend down for you not to let you go.

What a low life.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ANyone can move to another country to stay, only those from PAP will advise you and bend down for you not to let you go.

What a low life.

There are some who wants to move to other countries, but are not wanted by these coutries.

I know one chump in this forum is dying to move to Thailand, but Thailand doesn't want him!!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many of them come here to work and to start a family. After living here for many years, it is not easy for them to just move back to Malaysia. Their families are here, friends are here and they already used to the Singapore lifestyle.

Also, their children grew up and educated in Singapore. On paper they are Malaysians, but in actual fact they are as Singaporean as you and me!! So their children wouldn't want to go "home" cos Singapore is their home. So if their children are here, you think the 2 old ones will be able to leave so easily?

A lot of my Malaysian friends told me the above. They are all settled down here!!

Put yourself in their shoes, you think is so easy to suka suka and move back after living here say for 20 to 30 years?

So have they changed their passport? Don't be fool by them. They will ultimately return when they are about to retire to their home country. Their parents are there, so are their relatives, their friends....

I know my side of the story is true because I have been renting rooms to these people for the past decade. First hand story from interactions with these FTs. People come people go. Most are here to earn their keeps and move back the minute their kids reach schooling age, because by then most of them would have finished paying for the housing loan and car loan in Malaysia. Especially JB. They move back so that they can enjoy a better quality of life. Houses, car, free educations, free medical, cheap petrol, space, ....et cetera.....They have the best in both world. And at our expense...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

So have they changed their passport? Don't be fool by them. They will ultimately return when they are about to retire to their home country. Their parents are there, so are their relatives, their friends....As in the case of my lady friend from Ipoh who married a Singaporean. They have a house in Ipoh ready for their retirement. The women is soooo...keen on going back.

I know my side of the story is true because I have been renting rooms to these people for the past decade. First hand story from interactions with these FTs. People come people go. Most are here to earn their keeps and move back the minute their kids reach schooling age, because by then most of them would have finished paying for the housing loan and car loan in Malaysia. Especially JB. They move back so that they can enjoy a better quality of life. Houses, car, free educations, free medical, cheap petrol, space, ....et cetera.....They have the best in both world. And at our expense...

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple, its all about the racist system. Malays have advantage there.

It's to be expected lah. Abang adik; same race; same language, same customs, same religion, same attitude,same outlook, same habits, everything also the same!:biggrin: If Malaysia boleh, Malays always boleh, including Sinkapore Malays.:rolleyes: