• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heartbreak in Facebook world

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/DigitalOne/Story/A1Story20101219-253513.html

Sun, Dec 19, 2010
The Star/Asia News Network

KUALA LUMPUR - 'GOODBYE, my friend, goodbye My love, you are in my heart.'

Russian poet Sergei Esenin wrote this suicide note in his own blood and passed it to his friend the day before he hanged himself.

When Alviss Kong, 22, decided to take his life after his girlfriend of four months left him last week, he posted a farewell status on his Facebook page together with a teary photo of himself.

The status at 11.15pm read 'Count Down For 45 Mins...What should I do in this 45 mins?'

In the ensuing minutes, up to 204 Facebook members 'liked' his suicidal status post on his Facebook wall, but no one stopped him or alerted his family on his suicidal intentions.

A few hours later, his body was found sprawled on a car, fallen from the 14th floor of his apartment building in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/DigitalOne/Story/A1Story20101219-253513.html

Sun, Dec 19, 2010
The Star/Asia News Network

KUALA LUMPUR - 'GOODBYE, my friend, goodbye My love, you are in my heart.'

Russian poet Sergei Esenin wrote this suicide note in his own blood and passed it to his friend the day before he hanged himself.

When Alviss Kong, 22, decided to take his life after his girlfriend of four months left him last week, he posted a farewell status on his Facebook page together with a teary photo of himself.

The status at 11.15pm read 'Count Down For 45 Mins...What should I do in this 45 mins?'

In the ensuing minutes, up to 204 Facebook members 'liked' his suicidal status post on his Facebook wall, but no one stopped him or alerted his family on his suicidal intentions.

A few hours later, his body was found sprawled on a car, fallen from the 14th floor of his apartment building in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.

WHAT A ATTENTION SEEKING WHORE!:oIo:
HE HAD HIS 5 MINUTES OF FACEBOOK FAME:oIo::oIo:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are generalizing! That is not true...I think the idiot is the person not making use of the tools and resources facebook has to offer! Idiot!

FACEBOOK IS AS GAY AS HELL AND YOU ARE A RETARDED GAY DOG:oIo:

FACEBOOK IS FOR PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE:oIo::oIo::oIo:

IceLemonT

Alfrescian
Loyal
When people are talking about FB, my thinking is just like clinton & sam. After a while I stop receiving calls from old friends and sometimes they went outing without informing me. I check with them and they said because I dont have FB account, very difficult to inform me. :confused::(:mad:

So I create a FB account, and keep staring at the stupid screen for hours to see any update. :confused:

Something has gone terribly wrong in FB.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You are generalizing! That is not true...I think the idiot is the person not making use of the tools and resources facebook has to offer! Idiot!

Facebook caters to the deadliest of the 7 deadly sins - VANITY! The fact that it is wildly popular does not alter the fact that the millions who have signed up have effectlvely handed the details of their lives to an entity which is not accountable to any form of authority whatsoever.

To make matters worse, once you've opened an account, you'll NEVER be able to remove the info from the web. It's there in perpetuity. Activities that you were so proud of when you were 20 may not go down that well with the board of directors interviewing you for that CEO job you've been dreaming about all your life.

There is absolutely no reason why any person would need to share the details of their lives with anyone via facebook. Who my friends are is my business and mine alone. My images are shared in encrypted form.

When I google my real name, only a single entry appears and it's from a digitized school magazine printed way back when computers were mainframes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://socialmediatoday.com/colinalsheimer/185766/dangers-facebook-narcissism

The Dangers of Facebook Narcissism

Tags: Facebook
comments Posted September 23, 2010 by Colin Alsheimer 2

<table style="margin: 0pt 0pt 18px;" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0"> <tbody style="border: medium none;"> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Tweet</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Share</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

I recently read an article that declared Facebook users more likely to be narcissistic, insecure, and have lower self esteem than those who forgo using the social networking site. Is this statement far from the truth or right on target?

6 years after Facebook exploded onto the online scene more than 500 million people are active users of the site—updating profiles, adding friends, sending links, ‘liking’ statuses and more. Users’ actions, whether they realize it or not, lean more towards personal branding or company branding rather than simple online social activity and entertainment.

Think about it:

• People are friends with people they barely know.
  • They monitor pictures of themselves posted by others and themselves.
  • Statuses are updated to boast latest travels, announcements, relationships, and achievements.
  • ‘Liking’ a page, group, link, status, or photo alerts others to their opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
It’s difficult to not see the narcissistic point of view when honing in on what makes Facebook so fascinating—people’s purposeful actions on the site.

Job searching

For instance, if looking for a job most people attempt to minimize the amount of inappropriate material on their Facebook page. Pictures showing drunken nights out, sloppily clad, or anything of unmoral standards will go against someone should a company check out Facebook for more information on the applicant. Silly quotes, hearts and smiley faces galore, and ridiculous ‘graffiti’ or ‘bumper stickers’ will turn off the potential employer as well.
Controlling your image

Keeping up a specific online image doesn’t stop after securing a job either. People continue to delete or detag photos based on how they look (chubby, too skinny, bad angle, acne shows, unflattering outfit, etc) shaping the way friends and family perceive them online. Links and notes are posted to promote certain views, opinions, and beliefs and passed around to friends and family, and liked and commented on. Not only do people know what you look like, they know what you think like too. Everything is crafted, subconsciously or consciously, to project an image in a certain light.
When thinking of Facebook in those terms, people spend countless hours simply advertising themselves the best way they can just because they can–behavior that can most definitely be classified as a tad bit narcissistic.
Facebook paired with business

Since delving into the motives behind Facebook, I’ve started to wonder if the only way to escape the narcissism aspect paired with the social networking site is to simply use it for business (companies, entrepreneurs, and organizations) rather than the individual. Openly advertising a company’s achievements, goals, growth, and mission to build an audience, awareness, and fans attracts customers, and therefore grows the business—all makes sense. It’s a way for people to see the inner workings of a company, get a personal feel for their purpose, and ultimately understand the benefits in doing business with them. It also increases the chance of money in your pocket far more than staring at pictures of yourself for two hours every day.

Is it possible to participate from a personal point of view on Facebook without becoming somewhat narcissistic? Or is a business point of view the only way to escape the potential of self absorbed behavior on the site? Do we, as a society, have concerns over the issue? Or should we just chalk it up to the current world we live in, where social media and social networking sites are infiltrated into our lives on a daily basis? Will this perception fade away into normal and expected as technology continues to grow at a rapid pace? What are your thoughts on the subject?

jw5

Loyal
Anyone who commits suicide because his gf or wife left him, is really pathetic.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agree with you, GF or Wife left him he commit suicide, they will not be pitied, if fact they arfe stupid!! This world only got one hole only??? Die for the only hole??

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think that says it all.

The world is a crule world. When you are rich and attractive and seem to have the world at your feet, everyone wants to be part of you. but when you are down and out on negativity, no one will bother to help you.

Its sad, but that is reality.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

Through these actions these 204 Facebook faggots are also the cause of the loser's death.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dumb ass stupid internet stuff.

Here's the facts. If you want ppl to know what you did, where you went, whom you were with. Post those facts along with the photos.

If you want to keep it a secret and don't want anyone to know. Hey here's a pointer don't post them!

The only way i'll feel sympathetic is when a 3rd party person posts a photo of you that you don't want to be posted. Say your fren took a photo of you blowing a dog. It's your fren's photo so technically he has the right to post it UNLESS you get him not to post it. There now no one knows you actually gave a dog a BJ.

These online facebook sites just depend on one's personal responsibility. You don't want anyone to know. Hey don't fucking post the pictures or info.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world is a crule world. When you are rich and attractive and seem to have the world at your feet, everyone wants to be part of you. but when you are down and out on negativity, no one will bother to help you.

Its sad, but that is reality.

I beg to differ on the attractive part. Just take a look at the PAP lineup.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whether it is a case of being jilted or because of bereavement, there's simply no justification for committing suicide. I absolutely agree, it's "really pathetic." More so if a guy decides to end his life like that. It is silly, selfish, defeatist and unforgivable esp. if he leaves his parents behind to fend for themselves.:mad:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing in Facebook that is important or useful unless you are seeking attention or need to be included or need to feel that you are wanted. However the smart ones will use Facebook to further their course or exploit what it offers.

It is no different to a phonebook. It has it usefulness but you can have a wonderful or useful life without referring to it for most of your life. In fact the phonebook is more valuable than facebook.

There are other applications that are more valuable than facebook. However it is an excellent platform to harvest information.

jw5

Loyal
It's probably true that many people use facebook for the right reasons and intentions, to keep in touch with friends and to maintain contacts. But there are also many opportunists who use it for their own selfish reasons.

A friend once told me this story about his ex colleague. This guy has my friend's e-mail address and mobile phone number and one time, he sent my friend an invitation to join his facebook contact list by e-mail. Another time, he called my friend's mobile phone. When my friend called the number back, he realised that it was his office number but he wasn't in.

Not once did this ex colleague send any e-mail messages or any sms text or called my friend from his home or mobile phone. He came to the conclusion that this guy was not interested in him, but only interested to know about him.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contrary to popular belief, love is stronger than lust. When was the last time someone took his life because he couldn't get a blowjob?