• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

retard ceo bougth at the peak of property cycle now advise people to buy more

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
retard ceo become new sinky citizen, at age 60 long after he or his sons need to serve NS. Singaporean male citizens kenna con into doing NS for such bastards.

===========
Buy property stocks now, reap fruits later

By Kalpana Rashiwala

WHEELOCK Properties (Singapore) CEO David Lawrence, in his private capacity, is currently investing in Singapore property counters. Although Wheelock is in the business of selling apartments, Mr Lawrence reckons that next year may be a better time to buy condos. Instead, his advice to investors looking for value is to buy property counters at the moment 'because they are so cheap and can give you great returns over the next couple of years', he said in a recent interview with BT.

'The indirect market - which is property counters - is completely out of line with the physical market. So the real value at the moment - and it won't be there for long - is the indirect market. Some of these shares have come down so much. They're good companies.

'It's an arbitrage opportunity, because they've come down so much they bear no relationship to property prices. What's probably going to happen is that stock prices will go up, property prices will come down a little. They will meet eventually but at the moment there is a big arbitrage opportunity for people,' he added.

He acknowledged that it will be a tough couple of years for the local property market. 'But then Singapore is going to be the big beneficiary of this crash, crisis, credit crunch, whatever you call it. Because there aren't many places like this left to go. I have a lot of international friends - from Europe, India, China, USA - with lots of money who will be retiring or moving to Singapore.

'When you look around, where else can you get good security, drug-free culture, government investing heavily in new businesses, a reasonable balance between financial services and manufacturing?'

Most importantly, Singapore has integrity in government and the banking and corporate sectors, as well as security. 'If ever Singapore loses that integrity and security, then it's finished. But I don't think it will. It's ingrained,' says the 62-year-old, who became a Singapore citizen two years ago.

Singapore will also stand out in the race among global property investment destinations because of the strength of its judicial system, he argues. 'For me, property investment is all about judiciary. There's no point going into countries where they are very happy for you to lose money. As soon as you start making money, they want to cut it up. You get sued. It goes to a corrupt judiciary. You don't make money. I am not interested. Now I think there's lot of opportunity to invest in financial centres with good judiciaries.'

He takes issue with investment guru Marc Faber who suggests buying property in the countryside, not financial centres. 'I totally disagree with that. If you buy in financial centres and you buy good-quality products from good developers, you will always be able to let the property. When markets get really bad, and property starts emptying out, people upgrade to the best, and Ardmore Park is a perfect example. . . And long-term, quality property is a good hedge against inflation.' Ardmore Park is a condo Wheelock launched in 1996, around the height of the property bull run.

Given the current global financial crash, Mr Lawrence acknowledges that Singapore home prices will see a correction, without specifying the quantum of price declines. He does not think the slump will be as bad as the one during the 1997/98 Asian crisis. 'I don't think things will be that bad, particularly for good products, because fortunately we have a strong banking system here,' says Mr Lawrence. 'We have the Monetary Authority of Singapore and strong banks. They never allowed this crazy lending like they did in other countries. Most people can service their loans.'

Other plus points this time round are low interest rates and huge liquidity in the system, he adds. 'There will be job losses. Some people might not be able to make their mortgage payments. I think most will, if they have not been speculating in too many properties.'

Wheelock recently collected 25 per cent of sales proceeds for The Cosmopolitan, its fully sold condo at River Valley/Kim Seng roads, when the project received Temporary Occupation Permit. 'We had a 100 per cent payment on time. No problems,' he reveals.

Mr Lawrence acknowledges that in the short term, some developers - new players and underfunded ones - will have to cut prices. 'But the strong boys like (Kwek) Leng Beng and Ng Teng Fong (chairmen of Hong Leong Group and Far East Organization, respectively), these people are not going to cut prices. They've been here before. They'll hold it through to the next cycle, which will come.'

For the Singapore office market, prime Grade A rents may ease about 10 per cent in the next 12 months, Mr Lawrence predicts. But this is 'OK and reasonable' given that rents had been getting out of hand previously.

'But long term, the government has plenty of land to expand. I think as government policy, it's very important to have reasonably priced office accommodation to expand the Singapore economy in the same way as the government always had reasonably priced industrial land and space to expand the industrial economy.'

This article was first published in The Business Times on October 23, 2008.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
chao ang moh. 60 then become SHITIZEN!
bastard, We dig trench for WHAT?
bastard, we do route MArch for what?
,we in hot sun do bayonet training for what?

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
People with the $ will have tendencies to create false movements in the market, to mislead people into following the trend. And when the stocks rises, they pull the plug, and if followers don't know, they end up losing more than they gained.

There're not many more decades that this fella can live, so he's just making do with what little time left to make a little more. So he's probably hoping that more idiots will follow, so he can make that small marginal profit.

That's just my speculation of his agenda.