• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Western Australia needs skilled migrants for mining boom

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in WA ?? engg too?

Not sure if this will help.

Have you wondered why you are unable to get the job. Did you call the interviewer to ask?

Maybe you need more unconventional job seeking techniques such as going for a work experience programme as a intermediate stepping stone.

Some people think it is a waste of time, some people went on to a permanent job.

Point 5 on http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/Working/Find/Pages/FindAJob.aspx

In the past, there is an organisation on the 3rd storey of the building in the city (housing Woolie, goria jean coffee) offering insurance for candidates seeking Work Experience. Not sure who is the new sponsor now.

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you wondered why you are unable to get the job. Did you call the interviewer to ask?

Maybe you need more unconventional job seeking techniques such as going for a work experience programme as a intermediate stepping stone.

well i did ask....and the reply was im lacking of relevant experience for small to mid size companies...

for those big companies (Astrada, Rio etc...)...their reply was my grades aint good enough to qualify for their grad prog....

most of my applications are for entry level jobs...

i have tried applying for internship, cadetship, traineeship as well, their reply was.." only for high school leavers not for graduates"

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well i did ask....and the reply was im lacking of relevant experience for small to mid size companies...

for those big companies (Astrada, Rio etc...)...their reply was my grades aint good enough to qualify for their grad prog....

most of my applications are for entry level jobs...

i have tried applying for internship, cadetship, traineeship as well, their reply was.." only for high school leavers not for graduates"

The problem here is that as a migrant, you do not follow the usual footpaths taken by locals. You joined the "path" midway.
But in the past, I have many migrants overcome this.

My information is not updated since I left the public sector. I do not want you to do something that do you help you.

But have you tried the CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTRE or similar community organisations ?
City Central Building,
2nd floor, 166 Murray St, Perth WA 6000

Explain to them that you are a recent migrant and that you need to work.

These people help read & improve your resumes, and provide insurance for Work Experience.

http://www.det.wa.gov.au/training/cdc/docs2/Fact Sheet 17 Employment and Training Services.pdf
http://www.careercentre.dtwd.wa.gov...ts/Factsheets/13 Career help for migrants.pdf

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks pal..i m not in wa but in nsw...will try to look for one in nsw...have been here for quite some time....aint sure if i can be count as a recent migrant..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The people who respond to WA mining booms are the Koreans, Irish, Kiwis, Pinoys and Indians. The Koreans are big asian winners, scoring engineering jobs earning 6-figure salaries.