• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Qatar to host World Cup 2022

D

Dodomeki

Qatar wins right to host 2022 World Cup Finals

Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup after Fifa announced in Zurich today that they have beaten bid rivals Australia, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.

qatar_1776716b.jpg

Shock: Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup despite strong bids from USA and Australia
Photo: AP

By Telegraph staff and agencies 3:54PM GMT 02 Dec 2010

Fifa president Sepp Blatter confirmed the small Middle Eastern country's successful bid following a vote by the governing body's 22-man executive committee today.

Qatar beat bids from Australia, the United States and 2004 World Cup co-hosts Japan and South Korea.

The Fifa executive committees' decision comes as a slight surprise after the US and Australia bids had been highly-fancied.

Qatar's staging of the tournament had come in for some criticism because of the weather in the country during June and July - when temperatures can rise as high as 50 degrees Celsius - while the close proximity of the stadiums had also raised some questions.

Qatar's success in today's vote comes just over a month before they are schedule to host the Asian Cup finals.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha ha BBC backside itchy, go and make an documentary about fifa corruption 3 days before the vote. Now England got snubbed, happy, tory should take away BBC money. Do you know they have to pay 150 pounds to watch BBC, even though some might never watch it, instead watch the competition or satellite tv.
what did they used the 150 pounds per house/room for? Make their country lose the world cup host.

Fifa now want terrorists to host world cup. Good luck to the football supporters. You might be throw into jail just by kissing your gf too intenstively in public.

Fifa also want mafia to host world cup, remember to bring lots of cash to bribe the police there, if not you will be thrown into their disgusting jail, full of innocent people.

D

Dodomeki

Russia and Qatar win World Cup hosting race

Russia and Qatar win World Cup hosting race

3 December 2010

12427184700.jpg

Russia have won the race to host the 2018 World Cup ahead of bids from England, Netherlands/Belgium and Spain/Portugal while Qatar will be hosting the 2022 World Cup.

(GSM) - Russia have won the race to host the 2018 World Cup ahead of bids from England, Netherlands/Belgium and Spain/Portugal while Qatar will be hosting the 2022 World Cup.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter made the announcement at Zurich's Messezentrum. Each campaign presented its bid in half-an-hour with Alexei Sorokin, the Russian bid's CEO, beginning by quoting Winston Churchill's famous description of Russia as "a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."

He said: "We can understand this perception that foreigners have but it's a Russia...that no longer exists."

The defeat comes despite an impressive presentation by England that was described by Blatter as "excellent and remarkable".

Meanwhile Qatar beat rival bids from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States and will be the hosts in 2022.

D

Dodomeki

Brazil´s World Cup preps dogged by doubts, delays

Brazil´s World Cup preps dogged by doubts, delays

3 December 2010

12427185010.jpg

Residents walk at Morro do Alemao shantytown entrance in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on November 30. Brazil´s preparations to host the 2014 football World Cup are coming along so slowly that doubts are forming not only above that event but also over the 2016 Olympics to be held in Rio.

BRASILIA (AFP) - Brazil's preparations to host the 2014 football World Cup are coming along so slowly that doubts are forming not only above that event but also over the 2016 Olympics to be held in Rio.

Practically all the works which were to have been carried out starting in May in the 12 venues across Brazil for the football tournament have run into delays, and the December 2012 deadline for completion is looking iffy. Yet that's the date needed because Brazil is also hosting FIFA's Confederation Cup in 2013.

In June this year, just half the 12 Brazilian cities hosting games have started work to get stadiums and infrastructure into shape, triggering a warning from FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke to get cracking. One of the major problems was identifying a suitable facility in Brazil's megalopolis of Sao Paulo after the city's flagship Morumbi stadium was eliminated because of lack of financial guarantees.

The city's Corinthinas club said it was to build a new stadium with an eye to getting it approved for the World Cup. Much of the international focus, though, is on Rio's legendary Maracana stadium. The venue, considered the temple of Brazil's "beautiful game," is being renovated to the tune of 400 million dollars.

This far out, however, neither the Brazilian Football Confederation nor FIFA seem overly concerned, publicly expressing confidence that all will be right on the day. FIFA president Joseph Blatter last month told the Brazilian sporting daily that he was not preoccupied with the delays and was "certain that Brazil will get there."

"Up to now, I'm very happy with progress. I have no doubt that the Cup in Brazil will be grand," he said. "I know there are some problems. But if there weren't any problems, then we could be holding the games tomorrow. "We still have three and half years to go, and I am sure that all the solutions will be found."

The infrastructure of the venues appears to be the least of the concerns, because Brazil's federal and state governments are resolved to get them ready on time. A more troublesome challenge is the situation in Brazil's airports, which officials say are already saturated and creaking under the strain of a burgeoning domestic market. Flight delays and cancellations are commonplace, as are interminable lines for check-in.

Massive public and private investment is needed to expand facilities in time for the hundreds of thousands of visitors expected to attend the World Cup and the Olympic Games, and the period in-between. Another concern is security, especially in Rio de Janeiro, where a bloody conflict between criminal gangs and police reasserting control over a slum zone dominated headlines last week.

The federal government has shown it will back the security efforts of Rio de Janeiro state, authorizing soldiers to deploy in the slums into next year and maybe beyond. But with a third of Rio's six million residents living in the shantytowns, the scale of the problem is so huge that other measures will also be needed.

The US government has identified security as such a challenge that it sees big opportunities for US defense and private contractors, according to diplomatic cables released by the whistleblower website WikiLeaks.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to the pom, stop paying the bbc tv license fees to protest

ANGRY England fans vented their fury tonight after losing out on the bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

The FIFA executive committee picked Russia instead — leaving millions of supporters devastated.

England received just TWO votes from the 22 delegates and were kicked out in the first round — despite a rallying last-minute presentation this morning by bidding team heavyweights ex-England captain David Beckham, PM David Cameron and Prince William.

Fedup_brit said: "Oh well, if FIFA and the fools hate England that much we may as well drop out of all FIFA competitions and affiliated projects and start looking after our own for a change."

Henry 2020 added: "How did England expect to win after the BBC documentary which showed on Monday night?

"BBC is to blame. They let everyone down."

The crushing announcement was made just days after the BBC screened a documentary into alleged FIFA bribes.

The Prime Minister, supporters and celebrities all rounded on Auntie for the timing of the Panorama show, rightly worried it could affect England's chances.

Reddevilalways posted: "England and International Football just don't connect."

And Melwing28 added: "Did anyone really think England were going to win it?"

EggAndSoldiers said he was baffled as to why we had lost the bid.

He wrote: "Look at the facts; England - Most Financially sound bid, England - invented the game and haven't hosted for 44 years.

"England - could host games tomorrow if necessary, England - have the best league in the world, England are a multi-cultural nation.

"England gave the best presentation...DECLINED. Let's go for Russia. Well done Sepp and the team your logic is like goal line technology."

Wills, Becks and the PM joined England 2018 chief executive Andy Anson and Eddie Afekafe, a bid ambassador who works with Manchester City on their community programmes, in the final attempt to sway FIFA's executive committee earlier today.

Gutted Beckham later said: "Our bid team did everything possible. We couldn't have got a better bid together, everything we believed in was there.

"I'm disappointed, but we wish Qatar and Russia the very best. They are two great countries and they'll make FIFA proud. Our lobbying was fantastic so it was hard not to come away with the World Cup. A lot of hard work has been done with the PM and the Prince, the whole bid team was exceptional.

"Obviously it would have been great to bring it to our country. It would have been nice to be a part of that and I've enjoyed the process but it's very disappointing.

"We got a very good feeling from all the members we met and we met almost every one. It's disappointing to go out in the first round and it's disappointing not to get 2018 but we send our full support to Russia and Qatar because they deserve it.

"I don't know if Panorama etc had a bad effect. Maybe you should ask the delegates that because I can't answer than question. I said during the week that the media back home was fully behind the bid and that doesn't change."

Upset ... children in Manchester hear the newsFIFA president Sepp Blatter took to the stage at 3.35pm to shatter the dreams of millions of Brits.

He said: "It is a game with fighting spirit, it is a combat game but in the spirit of fair play.

"Football is not only about winning it is also a school of life where you learn to lose.

"We have taken the decision and now I would like to know what the decision is.

"The 2018 World Cup will be organised in Russia."

Prince William spoke of his pride in the bid team, saying: "The guys are quite down at the moment but they put their whole backs into it.

Dejected ... gloomy supporter today"It's very sad. We gave everything we could and the guys, I'm so proud of them.

"I'm sorry for the fans back home. We gave everything we could."

Mr Cameron had been campaigning throughout the week while his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin did not even travel to Zurich.

The Russian leader last night hurled a late barb at England in an attempt to boost his nation's cause.

In an apparent reference to the Panorama programme, he said FIFA executives were being "smeared in dirt".

Russia won out against England and joint bids from Spain/Portugal and Belgium/Netherlands.

Spain and Portugal's bid team had hoped Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo would be able to boost their chances — but he pulled out at the last minute due to an ankle injury.

The 2022 World Cup will be hosted by Qatar, who beat Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States.

Before the bid Beckham said England had all the ingredients to be successful, adding: "There is not one negative about having a World Cup in our country.

"Nowhere in the world has facilities like we do.

"I'm not just talking about stadiums but travel, hotels — all over the country we are set up for a big competition, so that's why we're ready."

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think won't watch world cup again after this 2 announcement. Its just full of corruption in the game. Think I'll stick to union and cricket.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also not sure I want to watch the World Cup again. But the reason is the crap being shown during the last world cup.

I thought the WC should go to Russia and Australia. Qatar is a bad choice. Dunno what they fuck they are thinking

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think won't watch world cup again after this 2 announcement. Its just full of corruption in the game. Think I'll stick to union and cricket.

It is OK. Qatar games will be alcohol-free and no short pants will be allowed in.
:rolleyes:

Jap mei mei disappointed. Both Jap and OZ did not win the bid.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun be too clever lah. I thought the WC should go to Russia AND Australia.

Next time I will split into two sentences so that you can read better, ok?
it was just purely a qns to you. perhaps u get the wrong idea.
i rest my case.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is OK. Qatar games will be alcohol-free and no short pants will be allowed in.
:rolleyes:

Jap mei mei disappointed. Both Jap and OZ did not win the bid.

nah bei all the female attendee have to wear like this.

burka.jpg

no more like this!

worldcup2010LarissaRiquelme1.jpg

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah bei all the female attendee have to wear like this.

burka.jpg

no more like this!

tn_5.jpg

I will get to wear the ghutra and bring 4 wives (China, Korea, Japan and OZ) along to the games.

In fact, my Egyptian friend will be able to bring 4 different covered up different Qatari girls to hotel every night to celebrate.

men-clothes.jpg

I notice that a number of Aussies do not realise that we are even trying to get the World Cup downunder. At least, the AFL games will not be affected.

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing for England to snub them back is by not qualifying in 2018 and 2022. Then the World Cup will lose part of its shine. After all England will never win the World Cup. And Australia also failed. Its seems politics is about getting back at English-speaking countries. I think they are very jealous of them.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing for England to snub them back is by not qualifying in 2018 and 2022. Then the World Cup will lose part of its shine. After all England will never win the World Cup. And Australia also failed. Its seems politics is about getting back at English-speaking countries. I think they are very jealous of them.

Not qualifying for the World Cup isn't difficult. England succeeded at not qualifying a few times already.