• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M1 manager stole $2m to buy expensive cars, watches to make up for sexual inadequacy

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: M1 manager stole $2m to buy expensive cars, watches to make up for sexual inadequ

He was not a rich guy, just a wannabe and real stupid for being caught with his hands in the cookie jar. More than than stupid enough to want to steal so much just to spent on a few fishes. So many of these Singapore big time swindlers and all of them so stupid. Remember the SIA guy who cannot use some of his stolen money to go to the dentist and do his teeth? Why don't they run road? The Great Train Robber I recall had a fantastic life in Rio de Janeiro.

A few did run road.
the retiree who took 6 million from old folks home. PUB guy in australia. bowling president Dr Ong (he was a friend of mine). Rasif and a few other lawyers.

Y

Yip Hon

Re: M1 manager stole $2m to buy expensive cars, watches to make up for sexual inadequ

>

what the fish !!!

this "fish & ray" story is really a good one !!!

>

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I would like to see what a 160K stingray looks like.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wahhh ....like that must play multiple times Rise aka Herb Alpert 1979 leh ....:eek:

I like that song "Rise" by Heb Alpert...I think he couldn't rise, so he bought the arrowana & sting ray...:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what kind of stingray can be worth 200K?
does anyone know?

That was what I was thinking also?, did he have a receipt for the stingray?, which aquarium he bought it from?..Underwater world, Sentosa??:biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what do you guys think? What will he get for embezzlement? Will he get bonus for money laundering since he transferred $$ to Hong Kong?

angrycowboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

stupiah! Now the trend is Octopus not stingray and arrowana:biggrin:

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

6 years' jail for embezzler who splurged $2m on cars, watches

Published on Oct 28, 2011

By Khushwant Singh

An M1 account manager pocketed $2 million in two years from selling stolen phones to third parties.

Matthew Yeo Kay Keng blew most of it on luxury cars including Porsches, watches and bags.

He even invested $300,000 in a science-fiction movie project called Metalgraves as he thought he would be famous in Hollywood if the film took off.

However, he would not be going anywhere for the next six years.

The 35-year-old was on Friday jailed for five years for criminal breach of trust and another year for money laundering. He had pleaded guilty earlier this month.

Yeo had misappropriated 3,085 handsets belonging to M1 between 2008 and 2010.

The account manager first created subscription contracts for mobile services purportedly made for corporate customers.

Then, on the pretext that he would deliver these personally to the customers, he would sell off the handsets at near their retail prices to resellers.

The offences were uncovered by M1 during an internal reorganisation last November.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5C8AC6V2KQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>