• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP's Second Rally had lesser Crowd Turnout!

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
by Patrick Lee Song Juan on Monday, November 15, 2010 at 5:51am

Huge flags flew high and mighty...but where was the crowd?? Compared to the first Rally last month, it was so dismal!

The crowd was so dissipated. Isolated groups form here and there. The atmosphere was nothing like the last rally. I attended both rallies.

I took it as an experience to attend rallies...even election rallies of the past with charged sentiments and emotions.

But today on (13.11.2010), I was really taken aback when a young kid of maybe 16 or 17 years old when up to the stage and spoke. He seems precocious for his age though small in size. He is non other than Kenneth Lin. I did not pay attention to his speech but my personal opinion is: he should not even standing up there! Why groom a kid at this age to be involved in politics. He is still in JC. The contents of his speech you all can listen when SDP posts on their website or Facebook. What platform or political direction is SDP trying to bring forth to the discerning public? Politics is not child-play or flim-flam. PAP may be feeling amused.

The last rally before Vincent Cheng (VC) went up to speak, I had a word with him and with 'unreserved frankness' I told him does it serve any purpose even if he let the whole of S'pore know he was jailed under ISA. Can he turn back the clock ? Or can he bring the government or PAP to court that jailed him for those donkey years? VC was adamant and went up to deliver his 'sermon'. It became the 'counter-force' that may have back-fired. Hence today's rally many shy away not to be seen as supporting a political 'dissident'. The fear factor!! So the crowd was in much lesser numbers.

I lay a bet if SDP is to organise a third rally some other time....the thinning of the crowd may be even worse. Many may think what is on SDP's sleeves the next time?...going to let a 5 year old toddler to rattle his piece about how bad the PAP is? What can a five year old know apart from sing 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' !! and there goes masak-masak politics !! This is just a hypothetical scenario...not for real right?? But why a kid of 17 years talking on stage about politics???

Is that what SDP is projecting into the minds of Singaporeans the politics of "uncertainty?" No more confrontational politics !! but a new beginning of political change into tender innocent age politics !!??

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because we can't turn back the clock, does it mean that it is useless?

I am aghast at yr lackadaisical attitude towards another fellow being. Has it occurred to you that he was denied his basic human rights? Without the truth being told, political babes in arms like you will happily live yr lives satisfied and contented while rogue govts invent excuses to jail people who hold dissident views.

VC and his family ought to thank you eternally for having a big part of his adult life ruined by tyrants who cared little about swinging the big sticks they carry.

Accountability and transparency are cornerstones of good governance. We are not even talking abt democracy.

The last rally before Vincent Cheng (VC) went up to speak, I had a word with him and with 'unreserved frankness' I told him does it serve any purpose even if he let the whole of S'pore know he was jailed under ISA. Can he turn back the clock ? Or can he bring the government or PAP to court that jailed him for those donkey years? VC was adamant and went up to deliver his 'sermon'. It became the 'counter-force' that may have back-fired. Hence today's rally many shy away not to be seen as supporting a political 'dissident'. The fear factor!! So the crowd was in much lesser numbers.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huge flags flew high and mighty...but where was the crowd?? Compared to the first Rally last month, it was so dismal!

Everybody knows how much I despise the SDP. But will always be objective. But the reason for the thinning cloud can be summed up in four words :smile::

R A I N

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
VC and his family ought to thank you eternally for having a big part of his adult life ruined by tyrants who cared little about swinging the big sticks they carry.

Biggest mistake the government made with Vincent Cheng was to release him. Even now he doesn't want to admit how he ruined the lives of people like Soh Lung and Suan Tze.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That can't be the only reason. SDP itself can be a put off. Then the rainy weather. Also, people know VC's talk will eventually make its way into youtube.

The problem with people is apathy. It's the same in condo management committees, private clubs, student unions, civic societies (AWARE is a good ex). 20% of members wag the tail for the other 80%. And we say never mind lah.

maybe it is, judging from the second turnout mentioned.. the majority do not really care

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear King

For whats its worth sad as VC case is, the issue remains in any GE what JG spoke about the poor , and the income divide. Any other issue just distracts from the issue of winning votes seats.

Voters vote you in to care about their pet causes and not to devote your time to yours.

Locke

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed my point. It's not about VC. It's about repression by a rogue govt whom some of us didnt think needed to account for their actions. Arent we trying to fight repression by trying to break the strangle hold in the law-making body or are we just having a dance party?

I feel sad that people happily trade freedom and rights for material well-being. The PAP knows that; so for 50 years, it has helped sent so much oxygen to the people's stomachs that nothing has gone to the brains.

Dear King

For whats its worth sad as VC case is, the issue remains in any GE what JG spoke about the poor , and the income divide. Any other issue just distracts from the issue of winning votes seats.

Voters vote you in to care about their pet causes and not to devote your time to yours.

Locke

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biggest mistake the government made with Vincent Cheng was to release him. Even now he doesn't want to admit how he ruined the lives of people like Soh Lung and Suan Tze.

Hello doggie, it was your master LKY who ruined the lives of those innocents. Watch Teo Soh Lung at http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=78742

Read Tang Fong Har's
A detainee remembers
http://www.singapore-window.org/tfhmemo.htm

Here's more ruined lives by LKY - Political detention in Singapore : Prisoner case histories
http://singaporerebel.blogspot.com/2007/02/political-detention-in-singapore.html

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

totally disingenuous argument. hope you perform better in front of the ARs.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear King

What happened to VC whether he was wateRboarded , tortured , ass fucked by the PAP and the ISD has no relevance to the campaign of today. He remains an icon of the past but in the past he should remain. His case,the demands for justice can and should be questioned and raised again in parliament but no one is going to vote vc in or the sdp in so that they may seek justice on his behalf.

Getting in means talking about the issues that matter now, drag up the past when u get in but not b4

Locke

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

The lesson in VC's and the others is this: if it can happen to them, it can happen to all of us.

If we dont speak up for them or support them when they speak, in the end, when our turn comes, no one will speak up or defend us.

Whether it is made into an election issue or not now, you may be right abt people being jaded. But sooner or later, we must seize the bull by the horns.

kr

Dear King

What happened to VC whether he was wateRboarded , tortured , ass fucked by the PAP and the ISD has no relevance to the campaign of today. He remains an icon of the past but in the past he should remain. His case,the demands for justice can and should be questioned and raised again in parliament but no one is going to vote vc in or the sdp in so that they may seek justice on his behalf.

Getting in means talking about the issues that matter now, drag up the past when u get in but not b4

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear King

For what its worth VC was the last, after some PAP Ministers had issues with the use of ISA on Spectrum , it did not happen again.

Locke

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ibc4gk.gif

Z

Zombie

The lesson in VC's and the others is this: if it can happen to them, it can happen to all of us.
If we dont speak up for them or support them when they speak, in the end, when our turn comes, no one will speak up or defend us.

i know one of the 22 before she got detained (i can't remember her name)..
frankly, their "efforts" were not as innocent as you may like to think

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello doggie, it was your master LKY who ruined the lives of those innocents. Watch Teo Soh Lung at http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=78742

Read Tang Fong Har's
A detainee remembers
http://www.singapore-window.org/tfhmemo.htm

Here's more ruined lives by LKY - Political detention in Singapore : Prisoner case histories
http://singaporerebel.blogspot.com/2007/02/political-detention-in-singapore.html

You idiot!! You imbecile!!

Soh Lung was a successful lawyer before that SOB Vincent came along. So was Suan Tze. Don't give me stupid videos of the brainwashed. If only the two concentrated on making money!!!