• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The food here in Singapore is getting worse...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought a packet of vege rice from a newly renovated food court. The stall had gave me a good impression, weeks ago, I had just patronise the stall, the vege was fresh, everything's fresh and tasty. But today, this evening, the packet of vege rice, one of the selection, the meat, smells like shit. Its litrerally smells like shit. I have to put aside the packet of vege rice, and took 3-4 bars of uncle toby for dinner. Almost feel like going back to the food court, bring along the unfinished vege rice, and ask the food court manager to smell the meat himself/ herself. But I didn't do it. 'cause wats the point? Singaporeans starting from PAP minister down to cleaner, nobody has got the courtesy to apologize when they had make mistake.

Kind of sad for our country Singapore. Nowadays, the food standard is getting worse... Haha... On the bright side, it just make me more determined to leave this shit hole. Even the food turn out like shit, not much reason to stay. :smile:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lah. This stall boycott, that stall boycott, Prima Deli's food hundred of people ganna lao sai, boycott boycott boycott. End up not many food stall or outlet left. The only way is to jia gar gi, or buy processed food such as Lay's potatoe chips, can food etc.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
With rents going up and not down, be prepared for more shitty rice. How do you expect the uncle to make decent money if he have to throw away surplus everyday and pay rents as high as 6k every month.

Only the greedy HDB make money as always .

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have known passionate ex 5 star hotel chefs gave up their stalls because of the rents. Giving way to lousy cook owners with money to take over the stall.

Passion and the love for food have given way to greed for as long as I can remember. That is why sinkeetown food is becuming bad to worst. Street food in Bangkok more better.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its all going down hill. Services, food, quality of life, etc etc. And nobody can do a damn thing about it. Because if gonna look deep into it, the root cause of all these shit is because of our political system. And nobody could change it. We could only hope there's implosion in the PAP. Other than that, nothing much we can do.

Last edited:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh.... I went to this newly opened food court. I paid $4.50 for a bowl of fish soup with rice. Guess what ? Only 4 slices of fish and a bowl of rice.

The soup is just hot water, evaporated milk, soya sauce, and some weird looking lettuce. To rub salt to the wound, it serves with f88ked up chilli padi with dark sauce. The soup is jakky and had a double insult when I dipped the fish into the chilli padi with dark sauce. I wonder if I had ordered sliced fish or sliced chicken and the chilli padi burnt my lips which stopped me from taking another slice. KNN... wasted my $4.50 !!!

Another bad experience with bak kut teh, I paid $4.50 for it. It came with a bowl of light sauce with 3 pieces of about 5 cm pork rib, 4 clover leaves.. oops... I mean lettuce, and tons of PEPPER !!! At least, at lau pa sat, they gave me 3 pieces of about 14 cm pork rib even though I paid $5.00 !!

Bought a packet of vege rice from a newly renovated food court. The stall had gave me a good impression, weeks ago, I had just patronise the stall, the vege was fresh, everything's fresh and tasty. But today, this evening, the packet of vege rice, one of the selection, the meat, smells like shit. Its litrerally smells like shit. I have to put aside the packet of vege rice, and took 3-4 bars of uncle toby for dinner. Almost feel like going back to the food court, bring along the unfinished vege rice, and ask the food court manager to smell the meat himself/ herself. But I didn't do it. 'cause wats the point? Singaporeans starting from PAP minister down to cleaner, nobody has got the courtesy to apologize when they had make mistake.

Kind of sad for our country Singapore. Nowadays, the food standard is getting worse... Haha... On the bright side, it just make me more determined to leave this shit hole. Even the food turn out like shit, not much reason to stay. :smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have known passionate ex 5 star hotel chefs gave up their stalls because of the rents. Giving way to lousy cook owners with money to take over the stall.

Passion and the love for food have given way to greed for as long as I can remember. That is why sinkeetown food is becuming bad to worst. Street food in Bangkok more better.
U see all the store owners has become EMPLOYEE of the food court. That the reality. The more money you have , the more you can become a BIG FISH !

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
U see all the store owners has become EMPLOYEE of the food court. That the reality. The more money you have , the more you can become a BIG FISH !

So what become big fish? The food is still like shit! There's no pride in what they do. Just more money. And then wat? Could those big fish bring the money to coffin?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh.... I went to this newly opened food court. I paid $4.50 for a bowl of fish soup with rice. Guess what ? Only 4 slices of fish and a bowl of rice.

The soup is just hot water, evaporated milk, soya sauce, and some weird looking lettuce. To rub salt to the wound, it serves with f88ked up chilli padi with dark sauce. The soup is jakky and had a double insult when I dipped the fish into the chilli padi with dark sauce. I wonder if I had ordered sliced fish or sliced chicken and the chilli padi burnt my lips which stopped me from taking another slice. KNN... wasted my $4.50 !!!

Another bad experience with bak kut teh, I paid $4.50 for it. It came with a bowl of light sauce with 3 pieces of about 5 cm pork rib, 4 clover leaves.. oops... I mean lettuce, and tons of PEPPER !!! At least, at lau pa sat, they gave me 3 pieces of about 14 cm pork rib even though I paid $5.00 !!

Many Singapore food stall, their food really fuck up. And hor, what make it worse hor, THE SERVICE STAFF FACIAL EXPRESSION AND MANNERISM, THEY ACT LIKE THEIR FOOD IS DAMN BIG FUCK! AS IF ITS GOD SEND FOOD!!! STRAIGHT FROM KITCHEN OF PARADISE!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the food is si bei solid si bei shiok, okay, the chef the service staff stuck up attitude, I can just tahan a bit if i am a foodie.

BUT THE FOOD IS SHIT, AND THEN STILL GIVE ME LUNG SAI FACIAL EXPRESSION, MANNERISM AND ATTITUDE??

$%^#%&%$& SINGAPORE FOOD!!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come you guys got so many complaints about foodcourts?

no complains about hawker centers?

maybe foodcourts owner eeoror88 can help to answer your complaints?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come you guys got so many complaints about foodcourts?

no complains about hawker centers?

maybe foodcourts owner eeoror88 can help to answer your complaints?

bedok hawker centre, the one next to bedok bus interchange. there's one siao uncle, cleaner. one haven't done with the food, he wanna clean up the table take away the plate with food when one is in the midst of eating. the ice karchiang stall next to toilet, the hawker have this facial expression like u owe him lots of money. the stall business is good. but the attitude is fuck up. one of the chai tao kuay stall, i order a plate of chai tao kuay but it has no spring onion on it. i ask for it, he look at me like i am from mars and told me they don't put spring onion on chai tao kuay.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hawker centre near kovan station. same thing. haven't finish my mee poh, i go get some bracelet from a thai monk who visit the hawker center, the cleaner just clean up my mee poh without asking my wife whether i had done with the mee poh. my wife very angry...haha...over this incident. she said the cleaner is crazy. but i told her take it easy, we are in singapore. fuck up services are suppose to be a norm. a social norm.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This could not have been worst than my own encounter during lunch time. This noodle stall in one of the busy food court downtown was afraid that he may not have enough stocks during peak hours and also because he wanted to recoup more for the day, was seen literally counting the number of "Mee Tai Mak" to be put into my bowl and add in a lot of bean sprout instead. I ended up eating bean sprout soup than mee tai mak soup and I have to suffer another round of hunger shortly after my lunch. This cuntry, a calculative leader example and all follows.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
fried hokkien prawn mee at ang mo kio hawker centre.

there's a one dollar price difference between a plate of mee serve on banana leaf and the one without it. so...banana leaf cost one dollar?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, lah. Match made in heaven of 2 motherfuckers. One thinks their cooking worth a million dollars, the other tax to get their million dollars. Both die no one miss.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This could not have been worst than my own encounter during lunch time. This noodle stall in one of the busy food court downtown was afraid that he may not have enough stocks during peak hours and also because he wanted to recoup more for the day, was seen literally counting the number of "Mee Tai Mak" to be put into my bowl and add in a lot of bean sprout instead. I ended up eating bean sprout soup than mee tai mak soup and I have to suffer another round of hunger shortly after my lunch. This cuntry, a calculative leader example and all follows.

at least your mee tai mark is edible. mine, the meat smells like shit! sai! i almost wanna a) go back to the food court, bring the take out along, insist the manager of the food court to smell the meat. b) bring it to some lab, ask them to check for sai, c) do all of the above.

but i didn't. why? 'cause sporean all fuck up attitude. u go look for manager, the manager also fuck up attitude. wat for? bring it to the lab...nah...end up it the food court will not apologize, and customers still flood the place.

remember prima deli? hundreds of people ganna diahorrea 'cause of their food. but now? business as usual. sporeans are one ignorant lot.