• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gutless wife beating sinkies!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They don't have the balls to fight a real war so they take it out on their defenseless foreign born wives instead.

Singapore

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Oct 21, 2010

More immigrant spousal abuse

By Ang Yiying

THE number of cases of violence against spouses involving immigrants here has gone up, a leading anti-domestic violence agency said on Thursday.

Providing Alternatives to Violence (Pave) has handled about 240 new spousal abuse cases a year for the past two financial years. Of these, the proportion of cases involving those born overseas has risen from 12 per cent to 22 per cent.

There were a total of 85 such cases over the two years. The bulk of them - 70 - involved the agency counselling abused wives. In one case it helped an abused husband, and it also counselled 14 husbands who had abused their wives.

Pave defines immigrants as those who were born overseas, regardless of how long they have been living here or whether they have attained Singapore permanent resident or citizen status. They could be married to foreign-born or Singapore-born spouses.

It presented the data on Thursday during a half-day symposium which it jointly organised with the Centre for Social Development Asia, which is based at the National University of Singapore.

It said that the dynamics of abuse are similar whether victims are born locally or overseas, but the latter group may face more barriers in getting help.

They may perceive that there is discrimination against them as they are not born here, or face isolation or the lack of a social support network. One particularly vulnerable group are wives on social visit passes who may be threatened with deportation by their husbands.

Pave's head of family development and senior social worker Seah Kheng Yeow said at the event on NUS' Kent Ridge Campus that there was a need to make public education and outreach more accessible to immigrants. This could include translation of resource materials into their native languages or reaching out to them through existing activities held by residents' committees.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it a sign of the mounting stress level that sinkies r facing, leading them into emotional turmoil & senseless beating of spouses? i recall, wife thrashing is keling's 2nd favorite past-time... togo being the 1st.

miss_aussie

Alfrescian
Loyal
before i left my sg dickhead ex-bf, i did bash him up to. i hope i ve impotent him indefinitely after my sharp high heel kick into his john.

miss_aussie

Alfrescian
Loyal
:eek: ms aussie you are scary! btw are you from IMH?

where's that?

sg women prove themselves to be quite softie. don't they know another purpose high heels are for? it's to look sexy in it. another would be to bash the john out of dickheads!

miss_aussie

Alfrescian
Loyal
to deflate a dickhead's big ego is to bash up his precious jewels. the agonising pain shall remain quite permanent and remind him not to mess with ladies especially moi.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You've just been banned by General Veers for your rude remarks but I guess you're going to blame me. :p

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
This report is not detailed enough as the data is very general. ST always misled readers with these general data.r,

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gutless wife beating sinkies!

Can you please punctuate properly? At first I thought you meant a gutless wife was on a rampage beating up Singaporean men. It should be "wife-beating".

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please punctuate properly? At first I thought you meant a gutless wife was on a rampage beating up Singaporean men. It should be "wife-beating".

boss,

i thought you always claim your england very powerful? why this type of layman mistake? :eek::confused::biggrin: