• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS (I) principal could be gay!

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
A male teacher says he has evidence that Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) principal, Dr Ong Teck Chin, “behaved inappropriately” towards him.

According to The Straits Times, the teacher said he had e-mail, text messages and recordings to back up his claim.

The teacher in question is believed to be in his 30s and has been a biology teacher with the school for more than three years.

But late last year, his teaching load was reduced and a new position was created for him so he could work more closely with Dr Ong more in the capacity of a “personal aide”.

ACS (I) principal Dr Ong, who is married with three children, stepped down over the weekend after 16 successful years in charge, prompting many to question his sudden decision.

Two ACS boards — the board of governors as well as the board of management — are now investigating the teacher’s claims.

When queried on the incident, Dr Ong would only say that it’s the right time for him to step down.

He told The Straits Times, “I have been wanting to step down for a while. Do you know I had a bypass? Two years ago.”

He went on to add, “I have done a lot for ACS and I want to move on. Do you know I am past my retirement age? I am 61 years old. It is time I took it easy.”

Asked to comment on the ongoing investigation, he said,”Ask the ACS board. I don’t want to respond to any allegations.”

While some ACS (I) teachers have been informed of Dr Ong’s decision to step down, they were also told not to communicate with the media.

But the timing of his resignation – which comes four weeks before the end of the school year — has puzzled teachers, students and parents, since it comes in the midst of the students’ final-year examinations.

Madam E Chua, 54, a housewife whose son graduated from the IB programme last year, said the news saddened her.

She told The New Paper, “I’ll always remember Dr Ong for pioneering the IB programme in Singapore.”

One of Dr Ong’s greatest contributions was starting the Integrated Programme where students bypass the GCE O levels and graduate with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma at the end of six years.

ACS (I) was the first and only school in Singapore to offer the IB diploma.

He was also instrumental in helping ACS (I) – one of the first schools- to attain the Education Ministry’s pinnacle award, the School Excellence Award, in 2004.

The appointment of Dr Ong as principal of ACS (I) was itself deemed controversial, as he was a former student of rival school, Raffles Institution.

Dr Ong first graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1972 with an honours degree in chemistry.

In 1975, under a Rhodes Scholarship, he went on to further his studies at the University of Oxford. Upon his return to Singapore, he became a physiology lecturer at the faculty of medicine at NUS.

He held dual positions as lecturer at NUS and vice-principal in ACS (I) from 1988 till 1994, when he was appointed principal of the school.