• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speeches at the SDP pre-election rally

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4172-speeches-at-the-pre-election-rally

Speeches at the pre-election rally
Tuesday, 28 September 2010
Singapore Democrats

Watch highlights of the speeches at SDP's Pre-Election Rally at Hong Lim Park on 25 September 2010. The speakers focused on the cost of living and the influx of foreigners into Singapore.

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZDSLm_yn_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZDSLm_yn_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent Wijeyasingha is natural and came across sincere. His points are exactly what the voters can relate to straight away including those who have it and those who don't.A fair and decent cry to look after Singaporeans in this country. His father will be proud.

Jufrie came out next best. A natural politician who can also can realte to the people. The rest were off, cannot connect including Ms Chee who followed her brother's line and did not speak to the people. Vincent Cheng is a disappointment. He would do well in an Amnesty International gathering.

Hope they can re-jig their approach and listen to Jufrie and Vincent W.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent Wijeyasingha is natural and came across sincere. His points are exactly what the voters can relate to straight away including those who have it and those who don't.A fair and decent cry to look after Singaporeans in this country. His father will be proud.

The danger in these proposal is "they already want to open the state coffers to be spread out". These are not solving problems these are not offering solutions. This just the easy way out bordering welfare-ism. We do not have mountains of resources to sustain such scheme. And it is easy for them to speak like this because they do not have direct access to the state's balance sheet.

Jufrie came out next best. A natural politician who can also can realte to the people. The rest were off, cannot connect including Ms Chee who followed her brother's line and did not speak to the people. Vincent Cheng is a disappointment. He would do well in an Amnesty International gathering.

Jufrie, sincere as he may be, the most his caliber brings him is a community leader or MP. But in Singapore politics we need MINISTERS then can the people vote the party confidently.

The basic tenets most Singaporean is Kia Si, Kia Su. They scare if voted in the wrong people die, vote the wrong party lose. So Oppositions must come concrete.

PAP uses money as the means to control various problems, SDP is the reverse, releasing money to solve problems.

Solutions? For example, IF we are a tribe in jungle, "IF" solution is not taxed the people so that they will be more creative, or give out money so their lives would not suffer. It is the leadership creating a vibrant market whereby the outside world can reach this tribe and the tribe sells their crafts etc.

Which means, the solutions are - Create Business, Create Jobs, Retail the products, Bring in revenue, Revenue return back to the government and the people.

That is to say, teach the people, help the people, show the people, build platform for the people, TO FISH!

PAP take away the fish so they people have to work harder for their own keep, SDP offers to give the people FISH, hence the danger of pauperizing the state coffers.

PAP is the problem but neither is SDP giving solution.

To me any solutions requiring the opening the state coffers as a buffet for all is definitely NOT a solution. You are not elected into the government yet, so you can promise sky and heaven. Nothing stopping you from reneging from initial promises.

FUCK SDP

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus3.jpg

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The danger in these proposal is "they already want to open the state coffers to be spread out". These are not solving problems these are not offering solutions. This just the easy way out bordering welfare-ism. We do not have mountains of resources to sustain such scheme. And it is easy for them to speak like this because they do not have direct access to the state's balance sheet.

Jufrie, sincere as he may be, the most his caliber brings him is a community leader or MP. But in Singapore politics we need MINISTERS then can the people vote the party confidently.

The basic tenets most Singaporean is Kia Si, Kia Su. They scare if voted in the wrong people die, vote the wrong party lose. So Oppositions must come concrete.

PAP uses money as the means to control various problems, SDP is the reverse, releasing money to solve problems.

Solutions? For example, IF we are a tribe in jungle, "IF" solution is not taxed the people so that they will be more creative, or give out money so their lives would not suffer. It is the leadership creating a vibrant market whereby the outside world can reach this tribe and the tribe sells their crafts etc.

Which means, the solutions are - Create Business, Create Jobs, Retail the products, Bring in revenue, Revenue return back to the government and the people.

That is to say, teach the people, help the people, show the people, build platform for the people, TO FISH!

PAP take away the fish so they people have to work harder for their own keep, SDP offers to give the people FISH, hence the danger of pauperizing the state coffers.

PAP is the problem but neither is SDP giving solution.

To me any solutions requiring the opening the state coffers as a buffet for all is definitely NOT a solution. You are not elected into the government yet, so you can promise sky and heaven. Nothing stopping you from reneging from initial promises.

i disagree with what you are saying.

SDP is not about opening the state coffer or give people the fish. They are proposing ways to help people to get by at this current hellish moment created by PAP.

In this way, the people will feel belong to the country and feel that this is their home. To reinforce that, they recommend free speech and indivdual rights.

When you help someone to get by and look for a job, they will get a job soon and after that, income tax will get back from these people. So there will not be a lost of income. Moreover, if you hve listen attentively, Vincent says that this perosn cannot reject more than 3 job offers. That is just a basic proposal, a detail one will be dafted out after they are being elected into the parliament ( which PAP is so worried about )

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have been to the rally, John Tan mentioned about education to nurture creativity.
Why this is important? It is because if individual or the masses has creativity, we do not rely totally on MNC fo jobs. We can build our own MNCs and with creativity will lead to entrepreneurhip.

This one i totally agree. The current education makes a child follows and fear for the rule and obey it without using a brain. That is called churning out slaves and robots, the selfishess of PAP, in the expense of the human potential to path himself out greatly.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

What Vincent Cheng and the Chee is talking about is how the PAP uses the people's tax to keep themselves in power and uses the people's tax to punish others to keep themselves in power.

They are mentioning about the corruption of PAP. This is to let us aware what is the PAP doing to keep themselves in power in the corrupted way.

It is no difference between a gangster and LKY when he use his "men", the ISD to beat up his opponents. How does LKY pay his "men"? It comes from the people's tax

So you pay tax to get beaten up? Is that what a leader do? More like a gangster.

Focus on people issue is important , but to expose corruption that uses your tax money for it, is also very important.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the speakers are saying are not wrong. It is a question of connecting with voters. Jufrie and VW have got it right. The comments affect the voters and themselves. 99% of voters will never be in the shoes of Vincent Cheng.

Its like playing country music to the wrong crowd. Its music alright but the wrong type of music. This has been SDP perennial problem. That is why they end up with the lowest votes.

Remember the topic of Burmese workers and druglords. Nobody cares. To a young Singaporean, he spends his time worrying if his father is going to lose his job to cheap labour from India and PRC. And I am not talking about construction work. Its accountancy, systems analyst, PMETS etc. The father is worried about the call from the boss.

I am just pleased that SDP found VW and have Jufrie.

What Vincent Cheng and the Chee is talking about is how the PAP uses the people's tax to keep themselves in power and uses the people's tax to punish others to keep themselves in power.
They are mentioning about the corruption of PAP. This is to let us aware what is the PAP doing to keep themselves in power in the corrupted way.

It is no difference between a gangster and LKY when he use his "men", the ISD to beat up his opponents. How does LKY pay his "men"? It comes from the people's tax

So you pay tax to get beaten up? Is that what a leader do? More like a gangster.

Focus on people issue is important , but to expose corruption that uses your tax money for it, is also very important.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the educated ones will be infuriated by the way the PAP spends tax payers money to keep them in power this way. It will target this type of crowd too. They have a mixture. John Tan is good too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the educated ones but also uneducated ones who have a brain will feel the same. Voters don't need to told what is obvious and well known. Anyone who has been breathing since the sky high salaries were introduced are aware of it.

Listen to VW's speech. There is substance, accusations and suggestions in it. Very meaty and touches the voter. Listen to Jufrie, you can see the crowd connect with him even though his examples are simple but good.

Listen to Suraya, John, Jarrod and Ms Chee's speeches. You can hear that in any kopitiam and on a Sunday, there will be discussions around it over many rounds of kopi.

This has been SDP achilles heel for years. The inability to relate to voters.

Well, the educated ones will be infuriated by the way the PAP spends tax payers money to keep them in power this way. It will target this type of crowd too. They have a mixture. John Tan is good too.

ninkampoop

Alfrescian
Loyal
another big problem is that many who will vote against PAP dont get to vote. No matter how well put together the speeches are, how good the proposed plans can be, the lack of votes eventually will cost them success.

I stay in a GRC that will NEVER get challenged.. so i wish any parties that comes out to challenge the best. PAP is good in what they do, and I feel singapore is a good country to be in. But having no resistance in the govt is never good.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i disagree with what you are saying.

SDP is not about opening the state coffer or give people the fish. They are proposing ways to help people to get by at this current hellish moment created by PAP.

In this way, the people will feel belong to the country and feel that this is their home. To reinforce that, they recommend free speech and indivdual rights.

When you help someone to get by and look for a job, they will get a job soon and after that, income tax will get back from these people. So there will not be a lost of income. Moreover, if you hve listen attentively, Vincent says that this perosn cannot reject more than 3 job offers. That is just a basic proposal, a detail one will be dafted out after they are being elected into the parliament ( which PAP is so worried about )

Politely, my point is "teaching" people to fish and NOT give them fish. once you open up this Pandora box, there's no closing it. What if Singapore is already bankrupt? Do you know how much of so call "welfare" money USA is owning to the "deserving" people?

Go to the source of problems and solve the problem NOT ease the problems. There is one particularly "good" way that PAP introduced to "help" people pay their conservancy bill (Although the "good way" was to "help" themselves recover their own bad debts from residents) is to give out jobs within the council compounds like gardening, etc etc. This give them PRIDE as the residents earn their OWN keep NOT from the STATE's coffer.

IF the opposition is SERIOUS then it should have more such similar scheme or even set aside a department in the town council, eg. cleaning just for these "transiting" jobless residents and they should not stay longer than 1 year while they look for another job.

It is always easy to win votes through DISHING out of money. I rather have concrete solutions to SOLVE the problems.

In this solution, residents retain their own pride as they earn their own subsistence salary while looking for jobs. And Town council can help by following up with Testimony to potential employers regarding the resident concern job application.

That my friends is TEACHING the people HOW to FISH with their OWN HANDS at the same time NOT letting them ROT without FOOD! You go give this kind of Job credits rebates, later the government will have more issues identifying real and fake recipients out to take advantage of the system. I rather leave the Pandora Box alone and concentrate on REAL issues. CREATING JOBS and MAKing SURE JOBS go to LOCAL!

THAT in essence is the issue!

The current government is creating JOBS but the JOBS go to "FT". PAP's way of handling problems are to push it as far as it can until they are forced to take actions. With mean to say, the social aspect of governance had been ignored almost in totality.

Therefore I conclude, giving money to help jobless people is anything at all NOT THE SOLUTION.

Income tax? Friend, do you know how many people in Singapore actually pays INCOME TAX? How about those who never paid income tax who do odd jobs to get by then suddenly jobless? How much you going to give? And if oppositions get into power I am sure they will reduce GST thus lowing tax collection and then PLUS giving out of monies, are you sure the accounts will balance?

I am NOT a PAP man and will never be, but I am not rocket scientist but I alone can point you 1001 lope holes in SDP proposal.

It is always EASY to open states coffer and "solve" problems. What I am telling you the oppositions are,

1. What if the state coffer is already emptied?
2. Where you going to find excess money to fund it given not more than 50% of singaporean pays tax.
3. After lowering of GST and ERP which I am sure that's what oppositions will do, will it still be a net off for the state coffer?

Now you know why those intellectuals will avoid voting oppositions?

I believe there must be a change even though it will be a batch of monkeys. BUT if these monkeys going to unlock the safe (probably emptied if they come into power by whoever??!!) and just throw bananas in celebration of their coming to power, then Singapore indeed will be ruined by oppositions just as PAP wants the People to believe.

I hope the oppositions go back to the drawing board. What you guys had proposed is FULL of flaws.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i ve to give it a hand to VW. he does make a charismatic speaker. the trouble is he's in the wrong opp party. for that he would be sadly and adversely affected and would probably lose a much worthy mp title.

SDP is already created a rotten to the core name for themselves. for those newbies who are foolish to have mixed up with them would eventually find themselves drowning in the big longkang. if they do not drown, then they would remain as little flies hovering over a big piece of cowdung called chee soon juan!

M

Magoichi Saika

Oops.. cockroach slipped through. :p You only have yourself to blame for the pathetic state that you are in now. What was the first thing that you did when you were able to login? You gave my clone infraction and lost when you failed to ban my clone so it must have been embarassing for you. :biggrin:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is always easy to win votes through DISHING out of money. I rather have concrete solutions to SOLVE the problems.

I thought that is what PAP is doing?
Dunno what rebate or whatever.

I will reply to your log reply when i have time.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that is what PAP is doing?
Dunno what rebate or whatever.

I will reply to your log reply when i have time.

PAP is throwing peanuts back especially when spread over 5 years but SDP commitment is a systematize dishing out of money. Are you prepared for people who will take advantage of such system? What makes you these beneficiaries not working part time in their uncles shop at the same time getting the money? FREE MONEY???

Please use MORE brain matter than this. YEs as much as we want to trust singaporean but given the LOOP HOLES who wouldnt take advantage of it?

Giving each Singaporean an equal opportunities in a boasted market by Govt direct and indirect investment, giving Singaporean THEIR OWN PRIDE AND BASIC DECENCY OF DIGNITY to EARN THEIR OWN SALARY IS MORE FEASIBLE than just giving out money.

I am not opposing for opposing sake. YEARS I had voted oppositions even if it means MONKEYS but we have also be weary of opening the PANDORA BOX.

YOur assumption or SDP assumption and proposition only WORKS IF:

1. Singapore really have HARD CASH BILLIONS on shore which I DOUBTED.
2. OPPOSITIONS need not RAISE TAX to fund this potentially ostensibly large expenditure.
3. That are ways to STOP GAP of any FAKE JOBLESS candidates.
4. There is no global meltdown
5. We have a BIG DOMESTIC market like China and Philippines that supports the country GDP/

End of the day I sincerely do not think that you had seriously consider this possible monster SDP is going to unleash.

What IF THERE IS A GLOBAL MELT DOWN AND there is a cascading layoffs, unemployment throughout the country? 70% of last pay!

This is near PONZI-styled of governance! IS THIS THE SINGAPORE SDP ENVISAGED?

FRIEND, if the "nodding donkeys" or the container crane along Keppel, Jurong etc stop working, where the money going to come in to fund a mass layoffs? Are you prepared like USA for the entire country to go into debts and jobless people queing up at SDP's office for HANDOUTS?

Come on kid, it is easy to promise 70% of last pay. 1% of the Singapore's 5 million is already 50,000. Assumed their last pay is $1'500 , 70% = $840 , payout - 840 x 50,000 = 42 million dollars per month, what if the next month another 1% unemployed or even one month another 1% add to the pool due to a global melthdown

I am not insulting you but it is easy to say LETS pay people when they are jobless but if it is a global meltdown? and chances ARE IT WILL BE A GLOBAL meltdown because SINGAPORE IS A GLOBAL MARKET not your auntie or uncle neighborhood market whereby Ang MO kio hawker close you can go Bishan hawker.

Come on I am no PhD and rocket scientist but this is a NO NO NO NO! Singapore will be in SHIT if there is a global meltdown and prolific unemployment and layoffs!

our PORTS will be QUIET (during the last crisis, I drove along West Coast Highway, my eyes can LITERALLY see the peacefulness of the Singapore straits, why? ALL THE CRANES in sedia positions! NO CONTAINER SHIP! Changi Airport almost empty!) NO income for government due to no economic activities. No income for government as less expenditure therefore less GST collected, decrease in income tax collected due to no jobs! AND now you have to pay the jobless?

Please do not make oppositions a laughing stock! Can almost hear the thunderous laughter from PAP's camp.

SINGAPORE WILL BE A SHIT POOL if SDP in government using the above proposal!

Please better this plan!

TEACH THE PEOPLE HOW TO FISH!

EMPOWER and START A NEW TRIPARTITE MOVEMENT
INVEST in local business
have a vibrant local economy to support local should international fails.

Give the PEOPLE back its DECENCY of DIGNITY to earn their own KEEP!:oIo:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/s...gs-historic-speech-at-sdps-pre-election-rally

Vincent Cheng's historic speech at SDP's Pre-Election Rally
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Singapore Democrats

For the first time since he was detained under the ISA, Vincent Cheng reveals the real reason for his arrest and his treatment while under captivity. The full text of the speech will be posted later.

Part I

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8ohOwc79Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8ohOwc79Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

Part II

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37pv4rRWD7o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37pv4rRWD7o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>