• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lesson from the SDP Rally - Wake up call for the Opposition

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days when prescriptive politics PAP style is the order of the day. Let us learn form the SDP. They actually held a true blue elections rally albeit a pre-elections rally. There was a line-up of speakers, english and Mandarin and Singaporeans from all races gave speeches.

Opposition parties - what are you waiting for. Get your Sunday slot, line-up your speakers, get a theme and Singaporeans will gather. The turnout was better than expected.

Come on you guys, pick the 2nd Sunday of each month or every fortnight, get something going. Use the opportunity to train your speakers. Stop complaining and use every opportunity.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
cousin soon juan shall be getting some foreign funding when the GE draws near. wonder why ms hwang isn't sent into the frontline? she's phd material and equivalent to gek choo or mrs lee. why isn't acting out her strength?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
reform party busy walking around jurong west, shaking hands with PRs lolx

hope more is done to introduce the new candidates, new faces. I hardly know them except Kenneth.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
hardly hear anything from WP, SDA and NSP. quite disappointing. people like Sylvia and Low Thia Kiang continue to ignore the real problems facing Singaporeans.

Reform Party is the only hope left.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hardly hear anything from WP, SDA and NSP. quite disappointing. people like Sylvia and Low Thia Kiang continue to ignore the real problems facing Singaporeans.

Barking dogs don't bite. 静狗咬死人。

卧薪尝胆,三年不鸣,一飞冲天。

燕雀何知大鹏所图之志。

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Opposition parties - what are you waiting for. Get your Sunday slot, line-up your speakers, get a theme and Singaporeans will gather. The turnout was better than expected.

Come on you guys, pick the 2nd Sunday of each month or every fortnight, get something going. Use the opportunity to train your speakers. Stop complaining and use every opportunity.

Scroobal,

You know what, Uncle Yap has suggested this idea to me as well. Quite a coincidence that both of you think alike. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal

If i'm not wrong, NSP did hold a rally at hong lim quite some time ago, thought it's not a pre-election one, but the turn up was not good.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Uncle Yap started an earlier thread suggesting the exact same thing but I told him not to get associated with Opposition because he will make a fool of himself and tarnish the whole opposition. Have you seen his latest clown show video.

You guys should do it. Excellent training and exposure. Credit to SDP for coming up with it.

Scroobal,

You know what, Uncle Yap has suggested this idea to me as well. Quite a coincidence that both of you think alike. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's unfortunate that there was no YouTube when LKY, LCS, Francis Seow and TLH spoke at rallies. Those are the lessons to learn. In fact, LKY though controlling access to his own filmed footages, wouldn't want them exposed to much, except snipplets for documentary purposes. He knows that it's a good textbook and must be kept away from young opposition viewing and learning, thereby censoring himself.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Goh Meng Seng

You are a politician, you should have initiatives. I believe you dont like to be look upon as just another wannabe.