• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to choose a spectacle frame ???

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... Any advice ??

..... especially if you want a value for money type of frame and the quality of the lens ..... instead of being cheated by the optician ....:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u bling along a mei-mei wif u ...

ask dem which 1 u look humsup in ... all ze way in! ...

oops! ... shud b ... which 1 u look hansum in ... all ze way! ...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
.... Any advice ??

..... especially if you want a value for money type of frame and the quality of the lens ..... instead of being cheated by the optician ....:o

Frames, there are so many different makers of frames, and so many materials from steel to titanium to plastics, etc. But for lens, there are only a few good makes like Bausch and Laomb. Personally, I prefer B & L in progressive.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... Any advice ??

Seiko frame. Nikon is also very good. Stick to Japanese brand. Don't believe in European trash, such as Rodenstock.

As for the lenses, Seiko as well. The cheapest I believe is Hoya. AO is overpriced.

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seiko frame. Nikon is also very good. Stick to Japanese brand. Don't believe in European trash, such as Rodenstock.

As for the lenses, Seiko as well. The cheapest I believe is Hoya. AO is overpriced.

Good doggy! Pretending to know a lot about spectacle frames and lenses.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
frames.jpg
c3.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... Any advice ??

If you can afford it go with titanium frames.
When I accidentally slept on my titanium spectacles I was able to bend the spectacles back into shape without breaking the frame like those of metal frames.

I do not skimp on a good opthamologist thats why I go to Isaacs at Clifford Centre. I've had bad experienceds going to cheaper opticians such as incorrect prescription & poor workmanship with lenses which fell off. Isaac may be more expensive but I've never had a problem with them.

After making the 1st pair of spectacles with them. You can ask them to give you a copy of the prescription & go elsewhere to make a second pair. I always travel with a 2nd pair as insurance.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anything that is light in weight and suit the shape of your face to make you look handsome lah :biggrin::biggrin:.

A good frame doesnt have to be expensive. I changed my specs every 2 years, will spend at least 3 hours inside the shop to choose the right frame and testing of my eyes.

Be sure you get a good optitionist

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can afford it go with titanium frames.
When I accidentally slept on my titanium spectacles I was able to bend the spectacles back into shape without breaking the frame like those of metal frames.

I do not skimp on a good opthamologist thats why I go to Isaacs at Clifford Centre. I've had bad experienceds going to cheaper opticians such as incorrect prescription & poor workmanship with lenses which fell off. Isaac may be more expensive but I've never had a problem with them.

After making the 1st pair of spectacles with them. You can ask them to give you a copy of the prescription & go elsewhere to make a second pair. I always travel with a 2nd pair as insurance.

Thanks for info.

How much is one pair of glasses of titanium make and lenses ?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for info.

How much is one pair of glasses of titanium make and lenses ?
eh Equalisation, you go suntec convention, there's a big spectacle shop, have a wide range of spectacles, the optitionist quite chio 1, make sure you relax and dun strain your eyes when she's doing the test on you :p :p

Titanium frames could cost from $350-$500. Get Rodenstock brand if you want, they have few range of titanium frames. Though i still feel that you should choose a frame that is light and suits the shape of your face, that is more important. A plastic 1 can be lighter also :p:p

Remember, take your time to choose the right frame, no rush no rush

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eh Equalisation, you go suntec convention, there's a big spectacle shop, have a wide range of spectacles, the optitionist quite chio 1, make sure you relax and dun strain your eyes when she's doing the test for you :p :p

Remember, take your time to choose the right frame, no rush no rush

Thanks for info.

Cannot take long long for testing etc etc ... sekali she complain to her boss I got ''old man smell'' and auto-roaming fingers:o:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ask siow tien 2 go n choose specs wif u ... after dat, h81 all ze way! ...

den, 2nite tobias all ze way! ...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for info.

Cannot take long long for testing etc etc ... sekali she complain to her boss I got ''old man smell'' and auto-roaming fingers:o:o
Who told you to touch her? knn.... LOL :biggrin::biggrin:
Anyway, good luck finding a good frame, remember, its for your eyes, so relax and take your time to find the right 1 :p:p:p

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to all for your info.

This will be the 1st time I will be wearing spectacles because I kena dry eye syndrome due to old age and doctor ask me not to wear contact lenses anymore.:(

Another embarassing thing to ask is whether wearing spectacles will hinder the lovemaking process ? For example you put your specs on while humping, take out your specs before kissing, eating etc etc ....:eek:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to all for your info.

This will be the 1st time I will be wearing spectacles because I kena dry eye syndrome due to old age and doctor ask me not to wear contact lenses anymore.:(

Another embarassing thing to ask is whether wearing spectacles will hinder the lovemaking process ? For example you put your specs on while humping, take out your specs before kissing, eating etc etc ....:eek:
A leopard never change its spots, knn.....