• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

34 years old, unemployed, no job, no career

harlow111

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello everyone,

i'm 34 years old and about to be out of job soon within the next 3 months. next 12 to 24 months is expected to be tough with companies retrenching and freezing their headcount so i'm mentally preparing myself to become a long-term unemployed.

needed an outlet for my frustrations so came here to post. wish me luck everyone!

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
welcome to the club. initially you will be miserable

after that you will realise it is the best thing that happened to you

congratulations

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange !! What you say is very true especially when you are retrenched over and over again..... ha ha ha ha.... :biggrin:

From then on, I have never considered myself as being gainfully employed !! Everyday, I am enjoying vacation on my vocation. What recession ? I dun give a damn !! f88k it, I say !!

welcome to the club. initially you will be miserable

after that you will realise it is the best thing that happened to you

congratulations

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello everyone,

i'm 34 years old and about to be out of job soon within the next 3 months. next 12 to 24 months is expected to be tough with companies retrenching and freezing their headcount so i'm mentally preparing myself to become a long-term unemployed.

needed an outlet for my frustrations so came here to post. wish me luck everyone!

Why just register now and post frustration ? :biggrin:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
neber mind,this kind of thing is more important:cool: Rachel Ngan.JPG

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello everyone,

If you are interested there is a CDC job fair at JTC building on Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. Its better to start looking for a new job early.

Its also good to ask if any of your friends can recommend you a lobang,
I remembered when i was retrenched years back, a friend recommended me for a new job. I started the new job the next monday after the last day at old job. I managed to get retrenchment benefit and at the same time ensure that my income stream is not interrupted. I know its luck but having good friends do make your life easier and good friends stay with you through thick and thin.

Anyway good luck on your new journey.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 secure dat damn job u have 2 temp. switch 2 FT mentality... upon success den u show ur true colours :rolleyes:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:

From then on, I have never considered myself as being gainfully employed !! Everyday, I am enjoying vacation on my vocation. What recession ? I dun give a damn !! f88k it, I say !!

kunta kinte hmm... i leemembered dis nice show on tv back then... indeed u r one happy slave :biggrin:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah... hmmmm..... can I call you auntie since you said"i leemembered dis nice show on tv back then......"

Solly hor.... Willing slaves are the HAPPY LOT (most Sinkaporanges are, to be exact 66.6%). Unwilling slave like me is not happy at all !!

kunta kinte hmm... i leemembered dis nice show on tv back then... indeed u r one happy slave :biggrin:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello everyone,

Go to our shipyards. Sure got job one. Or are you too pampered ??:eek:

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harlow, Don't worry too much about it. 34 years old is not that old. Wait for economy to get better, jump back into your career,

In the meantime, you can just apply for Sands IR. Don't look down on those jobs.

1) it is better than no job
2) you get some pocket money
3) you get some work experience in the service industry.

Employers like people who do all kinds of work even those menial jobs. THat's why they like to hear you say I work at MacDonalds during my school holidays when in secondary school than not work at all. Good luck. :biggrin:

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello everyone,

Time to revamp your resume & shoot them abroad. Many companies abroad are in favour of hiring Sg for their FT pool. Emerging countries like China, India, Russia have potential to recruit despite the economic downturn, so start searching. Good luck!

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your jobs skills do not match the market, you should retrain.
Retraining is a complete waste of time. It just goes to show that the education system did not cater to the industrial need, churning out cohorts after cohorts of skilled guaduants with irrelevance to the employment mkt.

Redundancy is not reason to retrain, there're plenty of opportunities worldwide. Nobody's obligated to stay & fight for crumbs in the over saturated job mkt.

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello everyone,

Harlow be thy name. Remember the promise that no one will be left behind. FTs create jobs for Singaporeans and they here, there, everywhere, in Helloshops, Post Offices, Banks, HDB shops, you name it they are there. So please be optimistic and enjoy life as your job would be very very safe. You only worry if you dont see FTs around you.