• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bad Taxi Driver

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emily Elizabeth

Are taxi drivers supposed to drive us where we wanted to go?
One Saturday morning at around 9am, my friend boarded a taxi in Bukit Batok and asked the taxi driver to fetch her to Nirvanda (cemetery temple). The taxi driver was an indian guy and when he realised that she was asking him to take her to a cemetery temple, he blew in a big fuss and started scolding her. He said if he knew earlier, he would not have taken her and kept saying 'sway'. For me, I thought taxi drivers are in the service line and they should do their jobs. We hailed a taxi for a fee and not free, why are they so mean to us, especially to ladies?

My friend could only turned a deaf ear as he was travelling very fast and he even stopped his taxi quite far away from where she wanted to go.

Myself, I also had a bad experience with Comfort taxi driver. Two years ago, my family and I went for a trip and hailed a taxi with 3 big luggages. When the taxi stopped, I asked my kids to go into the taxi and my husband and myself started to put the luggages into the boot. I gestured the taxi driver to come out and help us but he did not respond, so I asked him again nicely to come and help as 2 luggages were quite heavy. To my surprised, he gave me an answer which I cannot accept. He said he only help people who are handicapped. I got so angry that I told him in that case why I should take his taxi. I asked my kids to alight and we retrieved our luggages out of the boot. No apology from him and he even said it is ok and he drove off.

I believed there are good taxi drivers but those bad ones are tarnishing the reputation of good ones.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=32521

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
taxi driver hard job, 10+ hours on road, comfort rental $120+ daily, no annual leaves, no public holidays, you get severe back pain from continuous driving, sick also must work, meet unreasonable customers - some refuse to pay, fake Ang Mohs who wait for your 10 cents change, chio bu who make you so horny and frustrated.

be nice and polite to your cabby!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it. Why do ppl insist on getting cab driver to help with luggage all the time? Their main responsibility is to bring you from A to B. That's all!

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked my kids to alight and we retrieved our luggages out of the boot. No apology from him and he even said it is ok and he drove off.

This one has nothing to complain about.

It is fair and square.

I bet she's surprise by cabby's response.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gestured the taxi driver to come out and help us but he did not respond, so I asked him again nicely to come and help as 2 luggages were quite heavy.

The question is if taxi drivers are tipped or not. If they are not tipped, they have no obligations to carry luggage. Only the taxi is rented, not free labour.