• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Day Rally

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I curious.... shouldnt National Day Rally speeches be given at or around National Day ? Why is this year's speech 3 weeks late or are they gathering brownie points following the YOG to pad up the speech

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I curious.... shouldnt National Day Rally speeches be given at or around National Day ? Why is this year's speech 3 weeks late or are they gathering brownie points following the YOG to pad up the speech

National Day Rallies have always been 3 weeks late. This year it's a few additional days late.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... National Day Rally ...
nowadays cannot anyhow use ze word rally leh ... :o

... AFP: Singapore: A Singaporean man who attacked the ruling party on Facebook and urge people to "burn" a cabinet minister has been arrested on charges of inciting violence, police said Wednesday. ...

He said it was time to "burn" the sports minister and the PAP. "Rally together and vote them out!!!" he wrote. ...

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hah, I did a search.
2007 - 19Aug
2008 - 17Aug
2009 - 16Aug

Its 10 days at the most, not 3 weeks

Original strategy was to have the Rally after a very succussful YOG to enhance everyone's patriotism and so on. :smile:

However, the poor showing of the athletes without any Gold to show and the food poisoning, bad food for volunteers etc etc may result in the opposite effect, actually.:(