• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivain: Who Am I? 我是谁?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Familee lap dog?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Vivian tells of identity crisis as a teenager
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Debbie Yong
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_DYFORUM.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Dr Balakrishnan's heritage makes him sensitive to race-related issues.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Growing up as the child of an Indian father and a Chinese mother, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan was plagued by identity crises in his early teen years.
'Am I Indian or am I Chinese? And why am I speaking English and Hokkien? I went through a personal questioning process, not knowing which groups will accept me as a member,' said the Minister of Community Development, Youth and Sports.
He shared this yesterday at the opening of this year's National Youth Forum at Red Dot Design Museum.
'Singapore's racial harmony and unity, our core values and our pledge all became very personal things to me. I became more sensitive to the issues of race, language or religion,' he said. 'They can so easily become reasons for hurt and social division.'
Some 100 participants aged between 17 and 25, and mostly from universities, junior colleges and polytechnics, attended the 80-minute question-and-answer session with Dr Balakrishnan and MCYS' Senior Parliamentary Secretary Teo Ser Luck.
Questions posed ranged from why the duo joined politics to what they thought of the ongoing foreign-talent debate.
Said Singapore Management University student Oei Xi Zhi, 19: 'I felt the minister and Mr Teo were very honest and sincere in their answers. It gave me some insight into how politicians think and the choices they make.'
The three-month programme, organised by a volunteer committee of 11 past National Youth Forum participants and supported by the National Youth Council, aims to get more youth interested in policymaking and community work. Besides making field trips to Parliament House and Supreme Court, participants will also attend a dialogue with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong next month and a tea session with President S R Nathan in December.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Oei_Xi_Zhi/728287440

s728287440_984.jpg

Oei Xi Zhi
Oei Xi Zhi. Anglo-Chinese Junior College

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balakrishan is trying to be like Barack Obama. Sadly he's no Barack Obama.

In this context of Sen. Bentsen against Sen. Dan Quayle, I would like to say this to Mr. Balakrishan.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-7gpgXNWYI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-7gpgXNWYI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Balakrishan, you are no Barack Obama!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Vivain: Who Am I? 我是谁?

Vivian tells of identity crisis as a teenager

methinks Vivian's identity crisis is more sexual rather than racial...

but good, he finally chose to be a Chinese after marrying one....he has finally chosen.

Last edited:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

methinks Vivian's identity crisis is more sexual than racial...

but good, he finally chose to be a Chinese after marrying one....

So your Lord Jesus loves a Chinese Christian better than a Indian Christian?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can some kind soul tell him that he is a half vegetable duck ??

半菜鸭 !!

Familee lap dog?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Vivian tells of identity crisis as a teenager
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Debbie Yong
ST_IMAGES_DYFORUM.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It sounds like he finally admitted he has double personality pre and post his current status. A dubious person who believes in his master than himself.

Familee lap dog?

ST_IMAGES_DYFORUM.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

no, Jesus loves all, Christians or non Christians, regardless of language or race.

Then y u say its good that Vivian chose to be Chinese? Your Jesus told you that Chinese is better than Indian meh? Why your Jesus teach you to be so discriminatory?

I thot you go to church to love everyone but yet you discrminate? Were you sleeping during the sermon? In that case why need to go church or spread word of Christianity in the forum when you yourself is antithesis of your preach?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then y u say its good that Vivian chose to be Chinese? Your Jesus told you that Chinese is better than Indian meh? Why your Jesus teach you to be so discriminatory?

I thot you go to church to love everyone but yet you discrminate? Were you sleeping during the sermon? In that case why need to go church or spread word of Christianity in the forum when you yourself is antithesis of your preach?

i said it's good that he has made a choice! you idiot!

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr. VB is a good example of Indians coexisting with Chinese with synergistically positive results. It is a good example against some racial preconceptions that monikers here harbour! Good show dr. VB! Singapore supports people like you!

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

i said it's good that he has made a choice! you idiot!

So making a choice of being Chinese would be better than Indian? How about being Chinese or a Christian. Which would be a better choice for Jesus?

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
He became renown as Scooge who wants elderly peasants to have 'healthy tensions' with $290 peanuts per month.

Truly another half breed scum bag who collect a million dollar pay cheque and talk down to peasants.

Shame.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr. VB is a good example of Indians coexisting with Chinese with synergistically positive results. It is a good example against some racial preconceptions that monikers here harbour! Good show dr. VB! Singapore supports people like you!

Vivian has lost his shine. Before he showed empathy but now he is overcame by greed to toe in line with the rest of the regime.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
His identity crisis begun when his parents gave him a GIRLS name. How many guys do we know has the name "VIVIAN"?