• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOE - Water not allowed at YOG. Drink Coca Cola ONLY

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allowing only the sponsor's merchandise should be something that is practiced all over the world. No, this is not a uniquely Singapore thing.

Coca cola might be a sponsor of the YOG event which allows them to put up their billboards, PR stuff around the event BUT does this right extend to what the audience can or cannot drink :confused:

If the audience chooses to spend their own money to pay for water what right do the YOG officials have in the matter?

Drinking coke is also not healthy, all that sugar & chemicals which is bad for the health. Just imagine if you are a volunteer spending long hours at the venues & having to pay for & drink coke all day:(

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at it from Coca Cola point of view. They sponsor the event and to have people drinking something other than Coke on the venue defeats the purpose of sponsoring the event.

It is not just Coca Cola, any other sponsor eg, Pepsi etc will take the same position.

Please lah, if it is from consumers own pocket money, they have the right to decide what to drink... sponsors can advertise but cannot insist you understand?

One scenario may be that the drinks are provided by the schools free to the students...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a clear cut case of business bullying student spectators. Cocka Cola sponsored the event, not the students. If they want to restrict kids to consume only their products, then provide them FOC for gods' sake.

Ludicrous! And I am surprised MOE allowed this to happen.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you read pg 42 of Sunday Times today ,there's A Special Feature By Singapore Sports Council.A 17 year old named VA ,one of Singapore's handball player "proudly attests "No more fast food, soft drinks....."

Isn't Coca-cola and Mcdonald sponsors of the YOG?- and here you have a participant from the host country telling the whole world publicly "no more fast food , soft drinks" meaning coke and Mcdonalds are bad for athletes/youths.

Someone should highlight this to Coca-cola and Mcdonalds for their comments.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Questions- Is the YOG organizers giving out free coca cola drinks to all participants, committees, volunteers and spectators?

I would bet my miserable salary that YOG athletics are not drinking coca cola. I would bet that volunteers and spectators are paying for the mineral water that they brought in.

So... what the fuck is the YOG thinking? Who's interests are they protecting? You fucking don't give out free drinks, don't pay your volunteers and you want to dictate that they must drink coca cola even if they pay for it?!

Fucking morons.

What should we do about ? What is fueling our anger ?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coca cola might be a sponsor of the YOG event which allows them to put up their billboards, PR stuff around the event BUT does this right extend to what the audience can or cannot drink :confused:

If the audience chooses to spend their own money to pay for water what right do the YOG officials have in the matter?

Drinking coke is also not healthy, all that sugar & chemicals which is bad for the health. Just imagine if you are a volunteer spending long hours at the venues & having to pay for & drink coke all day:(

That is why I kept harping on Singaporeans being slaves by volunteering in the YOG event . Only slaves have no say .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read pg 42 of Sunday Times today ,there's A Special Feature By Singapore Sports Council.A 17 year old named VA ,one of Singapore's handball player "proudly attests "No more fast food, soft drinks....."

Isn't Coca-cola and Mcdonald sponsors of the YOG?- and here you have a participant from the host country telling the whole world publicly "no more fast food , soft drinks" meaning coke and Mcdonalds are bad for athletes/youths.

Someone should highlight this to Coca-cola and Mcdonalds for their comments.

OK Macdonalds and Coca-Cola is already on my boycott list .

They can move out of Singapore soon and make money
in Somalia or Jurong Island .

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I kept harping on Singaporeans being slaves by volunteering in the YOG event . Only slaves have no say .

slave-ship-2.jpg