• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOE - Water not allowed at YOG. Drink Coca Cola ONLY

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following email was sent by MOE.

Subject: YOG Advisory from SYOGOC
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN BCCed TO ALL PRINCIPALS AND VICE PRINCIPALS TO AVOID |
| A LONG LIST OF NAMES FROM APPEARING. |
| FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND ACTION PLEASE |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Malfunctioning Prepaid Cards (PPCs)
SYOGOC informed that the use of the PPCs at the MRT stations have encountered some problems as a result of software issues in the system. If students/teachers encounter such problems, please instruct them to follow the procedure stated in the attached file.

(See attached file: prepaid card circular_13 Aug10.doc)

If the problems cannot be resolved with the staff at the MRT station, please call MOE OC hotline 65703940.

Bag Checks at Competition Venues
SYOGOC reported that during the first kick-off competition at Jalan Besar Stadium on 12 Aug, a long queue was formed at the entry gates due to the stringent bag checks. Please remind your students to travel light and avoid bringing big bags whenever possible. This is to prevent delay and unnecessary waiting during entry to the competition venues.

Brand Protection
SYOGOC fedback that groups of spectators brought into the competition venue cartons of mineral water of brands (e.g. Ice Mountain) that are not related to the official YOG sponsor, Coca Cola. This is regarded as a conflict of interest by the Games Organisers. Schools are advised to remind their students to use their own water bottles whenever possible.

Thank you.
MOE OPS CENTRE YOG
on behalf of SYOGOC

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allowing only the sponsor's merchandise should be something that is practiced all over the world. No, this is not a uniquely Singapore thing.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
erm, use own water bottles whenever possible.

how is that water not allowed?

alternatively, if using ice mountain, just strip off the plastic packaging lor.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Questions- Is the YOG organizers giving out free coca cola drinks to all participants, committees, volunteers and spectators?

I would bet my miserable salary that YOG athletics are not drinking coca cola. I would bet that volunteers and spectators are paying for the mineral water that they brought in.

So... what the fuck is the YOG thinking? Who's interests are they protecting? You fucking don't give out free drinks, don't pay your volunteers and you want to dictate that they must drink coca cola even if they pay for it?!

Fucking morons.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is normal practice worldwide now with the (ever more expensive) sponsorship of such events. The question now is that with the negative publicity constantly being generated, is it worth it for the sponsors to spend millions in such PR activities and generate negative PR?

Coca Cola sort of turns me off during this incident. So rather than having a positive effect, I feel negative about Coca Cola now. Are they happy cos they are making school children drink sugared water?

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
watever the yog has to do wif the sponser is their mothers's problem, not the spectators or volunteers

dun make ur problems into paying customers or even the spectators; problem

the fucking spectators or volunteers shd fucking boycott the whole thing

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why don't MOE take it further by insisting handphones must be Samsung, watches must be Omega etc. :smile:

SQguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sponcership does not mean you are not able to drink what you like....and only issue is selling. If it was US the YOG would have got sued...but they will not make such a stupid statement it came from some low end scholar who has no clue,

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
soon they will even ban them from certain underwears and bras....

soon all bloody females will go in braless or even better totally naked

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope someone will go fuck coca cola ,then we will see cola cola denying they made such a demand

then see how the fucking moe reply..mudder fuckers

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why don't MOE take it further by insisting handphones must be Samsung, watches must be Omega etc. :smile:

Simply because the brand of the handphone or the watch cannot be easily seen while it will be quite obvious to see someone drinking Pepsi in a Coca Cola sponsored event.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at it from Coca Cola point of view. They sponsor the event and to have people drinking something other than Coke on the venue defeats the purpose of sponsoring the event.

It is not just Coca Cola, any other sponsor eg, Pepsi etc will take the same position.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
my thinking is that fair enuff if they enforce on the athletes and officials

but how can on the spectators and volunteers?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOE should check the civil service IM on whether ministries are allowed to issue directives like this.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
my thinking is that fair enuff if they enforce on the athletes and officials

but how can on the spectators and volunteers?

That is a valid argument. I think they are able to enforce it on spectators based on the terms of admission.

As for volunteers, it is a lot more simpler, if the person want to volunteer, he has to abide by this rule.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i were one of the spectator or volunteer, i would simply fuck off from the venue there and then.maybe not so much for the volunteer, cos some of them are forced to volunteer so lanlan....

but for a paying customer.....hmmmmm

perhaps as wat u said, its machiam like a cinema or hawker saying no outside food allowed...