• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EPL fans kena screwed by fuckup mio.. now all kpkb...OBIGOOD!!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oredi warn these idiots abt fucking singtel mio tv scam, they still go and sign up...now all kena screwed...lan lan can onli kpkb...OBIGOOD!! :biggrin::oIo:

EPL nightmare: Fans can't watch matches without screen freezing

epl_nightmare_fans_cant_watch_matches_without_screen_freezing-thumbnail.jpg

Screen freezes and poor image quality were some of the common issues mio TV subscribers faced. Over the weekend, a whole spate of complaints were received from frustrated STOMPers who could not enjoy the matches in peace.

STOMPer angryEPLfan wrote in on Aug 16, saying he missed goals or good chances as a result of the service hiccups:

"The eagerly anticipated new EPL 10/11 season turned into a nightmare when I couldn't even watch a match without the screen freezing or jamming.

"It can even last for 2 to 3 minutes at times. Worse case is when I can watch only about 10 minutes per half.

"Can someone do something to rectify these technical issues?

"Please don't frustrate EPL fans for the 3rd season... We can't be paying the same subscription fees to get poor quality matches. Can we switch back to cable soon?"

For STOMPer Wong, lagging and distorted images made his experience unpleasant:

"Was watching the new season of EPL Liverpool vs. Arsenal.

"Image was lagging and distorted, quality was as if I am watching a 'pirated vcd'. The image even paused and hung for a while throughout the whole match.

"Very unpleasant experience and disappointed with the quality. Hope Singtel can look into it and improve."

It was the same for STOMPer Yong Kim Yaw who was found it hard to get the technical issues rectified despite calling many times and fixing two appointments with the service support technicians:

"It all started with the installation of mio TV, Singtel broadband and fixed phone line on 1 July 2010.

"We experienced very frequent delays, hanging of the TV programmes, and unavailable Demand TV channels.

"The issue happened so frequently that we have to reset the setup box several times within an hour.

The STOMPer goes on to describe how no one turned up for the first service appointment he made, and the technician who came for the second appointment was unable to resolve the problem.

"After spending several hours troubleshootting, the problem was not resolved. In the meantime, the support technician tried to call Singtel several times, experienced the long wait as usual.

While the technician tried to call through to Singtel, the STOMPer also made calls to Singtel but was put on hold and his call got cut during the wait.

"The second time, when we voiced our intention to cancel the subscription, the officer by the name of Annie put us on hold while she approached her supervisor, we waited for 10mins and the line was again cut off.

"We called the third time. When engaged, we asked to put us back to Annie as she was the one whom we talked to previously. To our surprise, the officer (by the name of Ada) told us that the sales office is closed for the day?!

"By then it's already 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. (The technician was with us since 10am in the morning)

"After 4 long hours of painful waiting and calling Singtel, we decided to call it a day with the issue left unresolved.

"We are left helpless with the following queries:

"For Singtel service technicians, don't they have a direct line which they can call, not via the same customer service number and go through the long wait?

"Are Singtel customer service officers trained to cut off the line when they can't handle customers intention to terminate the contract?

"If Singtel can't deliver the quality of service of their Mio TV package to customers, shouldn't customers have the right to demand termination of contract without incurring penalty charges?"

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasek is using the singtel's exclusive BPL rights as a battering ram to force Mio tv into people's homes. This season's BPL subscribers are just poor hostages in this maneuver.

Next year or in 2012, when most homes have subscribed to both starhub and singtel cable tvs, BPL will go back to starhub.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go back Starhub? At what price? 100 a month?

we are fucked...the subscription will go up especially after Stinktel up the stakes by bidding so high.

Luckily they only maintain 25 for this year but mark my words, nxt year the subscription will for sure go up to at least 35 or 40...they are making a loss first season to bring in...

Even if MDA slapped them with huge fines...also lan lan...contract signed, sealed liao...Premier League only interested in pocketing the money...they donch give a hoot whether you actually broadcast the show....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was given a voucher by OCBC to claim 1yr free EPL subscription from Singtel. Not what i want but the second prize PSPs were all snap up already and third prize just a makan voucher.
So head to Singtel for some FAQs about getting mio TV, in the end, found out it not "free"as per claimed. i will have to pay installation fee for a singtel home line and quarterly subscription plus rental of setup box. My home dont even have a singtel telephone socket so also need to install that. In the end, i walk back to OCBC redemption counter to change to makan vouchers. Ask the counter guy how the take up rate for the "free" Mio TV, saw only 8 names on the list despite have 50 vacancies and that promotion ending the next day.
Looking ard neighbourhood coffeeshops, still cannot find one that have Mio TV EPL telecast, so look like corporate and residential take up rate for EPL not as good as Singtel thought it will be. So one conclusion, dump Singtel stocks before YE reports come out.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tot that time someone damn yaya say singapore sure can 100% mio-able

cant stand his guai lan looks

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for those want to terminate the contract. At least they have solid reason.
If not sue Singtel.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tot that time someone damn yaya say singapore sure can 100% mio-able

cant stand his guai lan looks

Back then I did mention that I suspect Singtel's Mio to be piggy-back on Starhub's co-axial cable lines !

Which is illegal . Each provider cannot share infrastructure .

They end up giving sub-standard services .