• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore's own 'Hotel California': Strange noises spook guests at Scotts Rd hotel

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/426072/spooky_hotel.html

S'pore's own 'Hotel California': Strange noises spook guests at Scotts Rd hotel

spooky_hotel-thumbnail.jpg

Enraged
8%
Shiok!
22%
LOL!
24%
So sad
5%
Sure or not?
31%
Bochup
10%
A hotel at Scotts Road offered STOMPer Ms Chen a truly unique stay, not for its exemplary service, but for the spooky noises she heard all night. Ms Chen described the night in her 13th floor suite as a terrifying experience.

She tells us how, as night fell, she heard furniture being moved about in the unit above hers, as well as sounds of drilling and pounding. Ms Chen’s appeals to the Hotel Royal's front desk were met with evasive answers.

She eventually found out that the room above hers was occupied by a sleeping man - so who made those noises? Later, as she stood outside her own empty room after vacating it, she heard the sound of furniture moving within.

The spooky experience led her to dub the hotel 'Hotel Royal-fornia', after the famous song 'Hotel California' by the Eagles, which supposedly describes a haunted hotel.

She writes in an email:

My recent stay at a 13th floor hotel suite at Hotel Royal, Scotts Road, was a terrifying experience.

"At first my foreign friend and I loved the very oriental-themed furnishing that was accorded the suite. As night drew near, we heard sounds of furniture scraping/moving around in the unit above us. This went on till about 2 am.

"We slept thereafter, till about 5-6 am, when we were awoken by pounding and drilling noises, which seemingly, came from the unit above again.

"A couple of calls to the hotel front desk did not help matters. When we spoke to the duty manager the following night, they tried to lie and say that the pounding noise came from the disco on the 16th floor.

"Ludicrous - if the noise from the disco could be heard 3 floors down, why did the guests from the 14th and 15th floors not lodge complaints? Moreover, the disco isn't even open on weekday nights!

"The manageress still tried to allocate us a single bedroom in place of our suite- yet refusing to reduce the price! Then she confessed that they would investigate the source of the noise, and hoped that it was made by 'someone' and not 'something'. Wonderful service and problem-handling skills, wouldn't you say?

"Having vacated the 13th floor suite, my foreign friend and I headed to the unit on the 14th floor to investigate on our own.

"We stood outside the room and all we heard was the loud snoring of a man.

"We then went back to the 13th floor hotel room - which by then was empty because we moved out - and standing outside, we heard the sound of furniture moving within! This had me spooked for days."

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... S'pore's own 'Hotel California': Strange noises spook guests at Scotts Rd hotel ...
hotel california where got lidat 1? ... :rolleyes:

ppl hotel california got no mor spirits since 1969 ... but hotel royal still has ...