• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Curry Rice !

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried the one at a kopitiam near bugis, stall name called "11 Finger" ?

Best !!!:smile::smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
BEST OF THE BEST CURRY RICE is Feng Kee Hainanese Curry Rice at 209 #01-41 Pasir Panjang Rd Pasir Panjang Food Centre.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone tried the one at a kopitiam near bugis, stall name called "11 Finger" ?

Best !!!:smile::smile:

11 Fingers was long time assistant to the founder of the original Hainam scissors cut curry rice, which originated as a past midnight roadside stall at Beach Road-Rochor Road junction. At the development of ECP and Benjamin Sheares Bridge, they were moved to a Beach Road coffeeshop opposite Shaw Towers, then to the coffeeshop at Jalan Besar-Kitchener Road junction (where it still is now, operating practically 24 hours).

After the founder passed away in the early 1990s, his family (wife, son and grandson) took over and there were differences with 11 Fingers and he broke off to start out on his own at Ubi Industrial Estate, later moved to the Queen Street Red Chairs coffeeshop as it is now.

Both can't beat the founder's standard of course, but for me, 11 Fingers' version is closer and better than the family's.

They're other relatives and later assistants starting unofficial franchises here and there, now and then, even in Geylang. All sucks.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
11 Fingers was long time assistant to the founder of the original Hainam scissors cut curry rice, which originated as a past midnight roadside stall at Beach Road-Rochor Road junction. At the development of ECP and Benjamin Sheares Bridge, they were moved to a Beach Road coffeeshop opposite Shaw Towers, then to the coffeeshop at Jalan Besar-Kitchener Road junction (where it still is now, operating practically 24 hours).

Never taste the original, but tried all 3, Bugis, Lau Ti Fang and Geylang lorong 31. I prefer Kitchener version.

Also think the haninese version of the curry rice is pretty good, especially the pork chop. But curry not as nice.

centraljava

What about the one in Maxwell Food Court, is it related ?

After the founder passed away in the early 1990s, his family (wife, son and grandson) took over and there were differences with 11 Fingers and he broke off to start out on his own at Ubi Industrial Estate, later moved to the Queen Street Red Chairs coffeeshop as it is now.

Both can't beat the founder's standard of course, but for me, 11 Fingers' version is closer and better than the family's.

They're other relatives and later assistants starting unofficial franchises here and there, now and then, even in Geylang. All sucks.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
BEST OF THE BEST CURRY RICE is Feng Kee Hainanese Curry Rice at 209 #01-41 Pasir Panjang Rd Pasir Panjang Food Centre.

Should try the above version, if you like curry rice. The curry has a very unique flavour.

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the curry rice at Lau pa sat, during the 70s. Any one know where they move to?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like the one at jln besar, they have also expanded to 2 shop spaces for few mths already. The 1st time I tried this Hainanese curry rice was 17 years ago.
I like it, like to order kong bah,sotong,curry veg and chicken wing.Yum...

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
prince scared.. to eat outside meat ..

i became vegan...............

meat outside got fly eggs... anyone here knows how it looks ..

its so small ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like the one at jln besar, they have also expanded to 2 shop spaces for few mths already. The 1st time I tried this Hainanese curry rice was 17 years ago.
I like it, like to order kong bah,sotong,curry veg and chicken wing.Yum...

The original pushcart menu was curry rice, pork chop, kong bak, cabbage, fried egg only. There was not much choice, but queuing time could be up to up to 2 hours after midnight shows on weekends. That was how good it was. All the additions, chicken wing, sotong etc. were gradually added after moving to coffeeshop stall.

The curry and pork chop were special recipes star attractions. Only two persons know and both are dead. 11 Fingers and his wife weren't even trusted with the recipes, but of course after so many years, they figured out at least some kind of imitation which is good enough by today's much lower standards.

The original kong bak relied on the availability of freshly slaughtered pork and homebrewed dark soy sauce, both unavailable today and couldn't be replicated today even if one knows the recipe.

The original rice was first cooked and then steamed soft in wooden bucket, just like traditional Ngo Hiang beehoon fried first then steamed soft on cane tray. Always more delicious but more expensive than regular cooked rice or fried beehoon.

The stewed cabbage was a common stew but it somehow went along very nicely with the special curry and rice. The fried egg, well, also nothing special except the skill to fry fast and neat.

fischerman12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys know where this hainanese curry rice used to be opp parklane in selegie road, along the stretch of old house also good for their curry fish head.Don't know where they have moved to.

thanks

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you mean my 11th finger?

images

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anybody know the hainanese curry rice once located at the 6th Mile Point of Upper Serangoon Road, near to where present day Punggol Nasi Lemak is currently at. That curry rice only open late at night till day break. It was operating till the late 90s when it suddenly moved away. Anyone know where it move to?

There also one stall at blk 322 HG ave 5, at last reckon, operate at least 20+ years there. For a stall that last so long, there must be something good about it.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried the geylang and clementi central market de, but feel the beach road scissors cut rice is realy the best- the one at* jalan besar

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tried the geylang and clementi central market de, but feel the beach road scissors cut rice is realy the best- the one at* jalan besar

You may want to try this opens 4am to lunch only. Yes 4am.