• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Accident between bus and trailer leaves 19 injured

C

Cao Pi

Accident between bus and trailer leaves 19 injured
Posted: 22 July 2010 1856 hrs

phpS2U1Hx.jpg

phpC97uwB.jpg

SINGAPORE : An accident between a bus and a trailer on Thursday afternoon left 19 people injured.

The accident happened at around 3.10pm along the PIE towards Changi Airport near Clementi Avenue 6.

Officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force said four ambulances were despatched and most of the casualties were conveyed to the National University Hospital.

The accident left two lanes blocked with only one passable to traffic.

Mr Gary Haris was stuck in the resulting traffic jam for half an hour.

He said: "I was travelling from PIE Jurong, coming down. After Bukit Batok East Ave 3, I saw this Malaysian blue bus, I think, has got into an accident with a trailer. I saw a lot of ambulances evacuating the casualties."

Mr Haris also said that the front and sides of the bus were mangled but the trailer did not suffer much damage.

Police said the bus driver, believed to be a Malaysian, has been arrested and investigations are ongoing.

- CNA/al