• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Like This Taxi Driver, Very Steady !!!

Y

Yip Hon

i like this taxi uncle ...

its time to give back some ...

the question Miss Penny Lim should ask :

Has the various Organisations and Union and

the various major taxi companies done enough

to educate the public on " How To Use A Taxi ? "

For far too long : these taxi companies have

been acting like the good guys and leaving the

Taxi Drivers and Passengers to Fight Amongst themselves !!!

Karma is coming back to them one day !!!

ST Forum

Home > ST Forum > Online Story

Jul 17, 2010

Does TransCab train its cabbies?
I took a TransCab taxi from Novena Square to Copthorne Kings Hotel recently. The cab fare totalled $6.60 and I handed a $50 note to the driver.

He did not say whether or not he had sufficient change or whether he preferred smaller notes; he just stared at me angrily. When I offered to go into the hotel to get smaller change, he just threw the $50 note on the passenger seat next to him and reluctantly gave me change.

It made me wonder if TransCab provides any form of service training to their cabbies before awarding them the licence to become one. I sent an e-mail message to the general manager of the company and have yet to receive a reply.

It's time we take a closer look at our service standards.

Penny Lim (Ms)

Y

Yip Hon

This One : More Steady ,

IF THIS IS COURT CASE, HOW COME CABBIE NOT NAMED?

JUDGE IS NAMED, WITNESS IS NAMED,

HOW COME CONVICT TAXI DRIVER NOT NAMED?

Comfort cabbie was originally fined $100 by the taxi company for rash driving and being rude to a passenger but he took the case to court and found himself $1,400 poorer.

Passenger Meng Xinyi (translation) – an investment analyst – got the ride of her life for 16 minutes in the taxi, causing her to panic. She felt nauseous and got a throbbing headache that lasted four hours – needing medical attention.

When Meng Xinyi got off the cab and asked for a receipt – the taxi driver threw it at her and screamed at her.

District Court Judge Salina found taxi driver guilty of two counts of breaking traffic rules and fined him $700 each. The driver didn’t signal when changing lanes and applied brakes indiscriminately.

Comfort has terminated the services of the taxi driver.

http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp090626_023.shtml

德士司机原本因鲁莽驾驶和对乘客无礼,在调查后被令缴付100元罚款销案了事,但他却执意抗辩,结果反而被 罚1400元。

搭上一辆马赛地德士,孟欣仪(投资分析员)大概没有想到那短短的16分钟路程,让她心惊胆战,下车后近四个 小时仍然感到头昏脑胀和恶心,必须看医生。

孟欣仪过后向当局投诉,而驾驶这辆马赛地德士的司机因为鲁莽驾驶和对乘客无礼,在调查后被令缴付100元罚 款销案了事,但他却执意抗辩,结果反而被罚1400元。

初庭法官莎莉娜(Salina)日前发表判词,阐述她判司机两项触犯公路交通法令罪名成立和各项罚款700 元的理由。

根据判词,孟欣仪供称司机驾驶鲁莽,不仅不亮讯号灯就转换车道,还在车辆之间穿梭,又突然 紧急刹车。

当天早上林越志(银行高级职员)先下车,孟欣仪指司机过后突然大声问她要去哪里。在接下来的车程,司机的态 度和行为变得更恶劣,德士还几乎与另一辆车子相撞。

孟欣仪声称她全程担惊受怕,下车时向司机索取收据,并表明她会向德士公司投诉。对方被指把收据丢给孟欣仪, 在她下车时还对着她叫嚷。约四个小时后,孟欣仪去看医生,申诉她头晕和要呕吐.

Y

Yip Hon

The Taxi Business Is A Multi S$ Billion Dollar Industry In

Singapore : Just Look At This Back Of Envelope Figures :

a ) Every Day about 30, 000 taxi are on the road

Cab Company Collection Per Day :

- 30,000 x S$130 ( average ) per cab = S$3.90 Million

b ) Per Year Collection For Cab Companies On Rental Alone

- 365 days x S$3.90 million = S$1.423 Billion per year

c ) throw in the advertisement fees on the cab and throw in
profit from diesel and gas

you have a couple of billion more ...

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not see how TS can defend the bad behaviour of the taxi driver in any way, shape or form. If Ms Lim's account is accurate, then the taxi driver did indeed fall far short of service standards, training or no training.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the time I went to Bangkok with 3 friends. We took taxi from airport. The fare quoted was 400 baht to our hotel. We all changed some bahts earlier but all in 1,000 notes. Moneychanger said no small notes. Arrival at hotel my friend in front seat handed cabbie a 1,000. Cabbie also no small notes to change. But he smiled and said something like nevermind. My friend could speak Thai, I couldn't. Cabbie helped us with our luggage down to lobby and exchanged the 1,000 himself at counter and returned my friend 600. My friend also paiseh took 500 only and left 100 for tips.

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
this taxi driver takes it out on the wrong people....
knn he should be rude to those who collect 100 bucks rental from him everyday, making his life miserable instead of taking it out on the passengers