• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to answer this PAP dog? Pls help...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • <abbr title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 2:22pm" data-date="Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:22:14 -0700" class="timestamp"></abbr>
  • Lim Pak Chuan Desmond Kojak what is your suggestion to change this future trend?

<abbr title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 8:49pm" data-date="Sun, 04 Jul 2010 05:49:13 -0700" class="timestamp">about a week ago</abbr> · Report
  • Kojak Bt Personally, I'm not against immigration per se. It's ok to recruit foreigners into our midst but we have to ensure that they are real talents and not some cheap labour. Also, social integration is paramount. Right now, we are importing too many foreigners and too quickly into Singapore. When you have a large group of foreigners in Singapore, it's harder for them to want to integrate with the rest of the Singaporeans. Current foreign population of 36% is way too much for Singapore in my view. I think a foreign population at the level in the 90s is more sustainable for Singapore as far as social cohesion is concerned.

<abbr title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 11:25pm" data-date="Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:25:40 -0700" class="timestamp">about a week ago</abbr> · Delete Post
  • Lim Pak Chuan Desmond Kojak, I think we need to differentiate between the various classes of foreign-born individuals, e.g. WP holder, S-Pass, EP, PR, and New Citizens.
    The social cohesion is more important for the citizens and perhaps the PR. The WP/SP/EP are transient, and may not stay that long.
    The other thing to keep in mind is the needs of employers. The employers create the jobs both for these foreigners and for Singaporeans. If you create a labour market which is so limited by going back to the 90s, it is quite possibly that some of them will reduce their presence here, yielding a net loss of jobs to Singaporeans.
    You are also conveniently ignoring the jobs that Singaporeans are not willing to take.

<abbr title="Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 8:49am" data-date="Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:49:21 -0700" class="timestamp">about a week ago</abbr> · Report

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just not to reason with PAP dogs.

Inform them that Singaporeans are pissed to see so many FTs, and PAP have to pay back for this. Their policy had failed. SGP used to be benefiting from old FT policies and had welcomed the FTs in the past. Not any more. The PAP are to pay back and we DO NOT TEACH them how to review their own mistakes. We just make them pay back for their mistakes.

Reasoning is not for the PAP.

jw5

Loyal
The opposition guy is Desmond Lim Bak Chuan from the SPP.
This guy is Desmond Lim Pak Chuan.
Dunno whether it's the same guy.
Perhaps you should ask him.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask him:

1. What are the jobs that employers will need foreigners to create for locals?

2. how can he be so sure? Once bosses get a loose rein, they will hire foreigners over locals - for whatever new jobs that are supposedly created for locals.

3. Jobs that are shuned by locals are low paying, dangerous, dirty. These jobs cant pay well enough for foreigners to be buying HDB flats. So is he talking shit? Ask him what jobs is he referring to. Foreigners have been stealing PMETs' jobs. Surely these cant be shunned by locals?

• <ABBR class=timestamp title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 2:22pm" data-date="Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:22:14 -0700"></ABBR>
  • Lim Pak Chuan Desmond Kojak what is your suggestion to change this future trend?

<ABBR class=timestamp title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 8:49pm" data-date="Sun, 04 Jul 2010 05:49:13 -0700">about a week ago</ABBR> · Report
  • Kojak Bt Personally, I'm not against immigration per se. It's ok to recruit foreigners into our midst but we have to ensure that they are real talents and not some cheap labour. Also, social integration is paramount. Right now, we are importing too many foreigners and too quickly into Singapore. When you have a large group of foreigners in Singapore, it's harder for them to want to integrate with the rest of the Singaporeans. Current foreign population of 36% is way too much for Singapore in my view. I think a foreign population at the level in the 90s is more sustainable for Singapore as far as social cohesion is concerned.

<ABBR class=timestamp title="Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 11:25pm" data-date="Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:25:40 -0700">about a week ago</ABBR> · Delete Post
  • Lim Pak Chuan Desmond Kojak, I think we need to differentiate between the various classes of foreign-born individuals, e.g. WP holder, S-Pass, EP, PR, and New Citizens.
    The social cohesion is more important for the citizens and perhaps the PR. The WP/SP/EP are transient, and may not stay that long.
    The other thing to keep in mind is the needs of employers. The employers create the jobs both for these foreigners and for Singaporeans. If you create a labour market which is so limited by going back to the 90s, it is quite possibly that some of them will reduce their presence here, yielding a net loss of jobs to Singaporeans.
    You are also conveniently ignoring the jobs that Singaporeans are not willing to take.

<ABBR class=timestamp title="Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 8:49am" data-date="Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:49:21 -0700">about a week ago</ABBR> · Report

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What! U sure or not?

He could also be an impersonator. His facebook profile is very suspicious.

If it really is an impersonator, I think we should inform the real Desmond Lim to make a police report. This is *malicious* impersonation, because the comments on FT are designed to bring down the real Desmond Lim's reputation.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a tough question.

I don't want cheap labour FT

Yet neither me or my citizen friends want to so those low pay, dirty, long hours job

So who is going to do those jobs?

I must admit it is a tough question

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a tough question.

I don't want cheap labour FT

Yet neither me or my citizen friends want to so those low pay, dirty, long hours job

So who is going to do those jobs?

I must admit it is a tough question

Why is it that some people will do volunteer (unpaid) work?
Why are some jobs considered dirty? Farming job is dirty and long hours too, but someone need to grow food, right.

That is why it is so important that we invest in mechanical and robotic technology, and it is even more important that we change the people's perception of certain jobs.

I think IT jobs are dirty while accountant jobs glamorous.
Accountants I admire are those who find ways to meet the organisations' requirements even if they do into gray (not illegal) areas.