• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sammyboy forum post of year 2008

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alfrescian

My Reputation: Points: 18 / Power: 2
twochan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tan Kin Lian gets crowd > 500, Mongrel Loudhailer Chee?
I'm also against NS because it's hindering the adoption of smart technologies.

Why invest in a robot soldier/labourer if you can get cheap forced labour for a fraction of the cost, including r+d?

That mentality will work so long as there is a large supply of unemployed youths. Once people get more affluent, and more aware of how they're being underpaid, the available labour pool will shrink.

However, the current 'management' (i.e. the colonels and majors) all who depend on controlling these cheap labour have their motives behind retaining NS. If not for managing these cheap labour, they would have been released to fend for themselves in the private sector. Since the GLCs/civil service is already at breaking point trying to absorb this excess manpower, most of them will be simply jobless.

Therefore it is in their interest to maintain NS to keep their rice bowl. However, it can be seen from the 7% GST and the rising defense budget that this is no longer tenable. Coupled with the recent worldwide credit crunch and oncoming recession, this is going to put the people in dire straits.

PAP depends on SAF/GLC votes for it's survival. That's why it can't do anything about it. Vote for a party that dissolves NS!

Quote: